First MK VI HD Mjolnir Armor! [Lots of pics!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero

Hello 405th members!

I am aero and after quite some time lurking on the forum I decided to make some Halo armor! I decided to make the MK VI High Def Master Chief armor. I'm going with the Pepakura method because I like how it turns out in the end. (LongShot-X's armor was a very big inspiration for me! :D)

.....and my parents and all my friends are certain that I will not be able to ever make Halo armor....(Woooo! Just more fuel to my fire! lol) Anyways I'll get started by showing what I have so far!

All the pieces I have pepped so far:
DSC01188.jpg

The chest piece (I really like how this one turned out!):
DSC01189.jpg

The Cod piece and Helmet:
DSC01190.jpg

The Helmet (This one turned out a bit too big so I'm re making it.)
DSC01193.jpg

The back of the chest piece:
DSC01192.jpg

The front of the Cod piece:
DSC01194.jpg

I'm working on my armor as much as I can but I have college and I work so I can't work on it as much as I would like to.

Good luck everyone with all of your builds! :D

(I hope these pics aren't too big, I've never uploaded pictures to a forum before! :p)

this looks pretty good my friend, nice folds and pep work. hope it goes well as it looks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the chest is beast!
but i would not put the chest and codpiece like that on the floor, suspende them in the air to avoid bends

(but you dont need to put the paintball stuff near it :p)
HPIM1223.jpg

HPIM1310.jpg

Thanks guys! And ya I just put the pieces on the ground like that to take pictures. I should buy a life sized mannequin to put my armor on lol!

btw what scale did you use? just im having difficulty trying to measure.... you look the same build as me....

I measured from armpit to armpit and added a few extra mm's. (So i changed the width measurement) Unfortunately I forgot to write down the changed measurement....(UGH!) So I really hope that it will fit when it's all fiberglassed. I'm pretty confident it will fit.

Your pepping is looking exceptional. I'm always jealous of how it looks when someone used the red/blue pen method as I just print mine that way. It just makes everything stand out more and look good, lol.

At first I thought that chest looked big, but now I'm pretty sure it's just the angle of the picture.

I sure hope the chest piece isn't too big lol. So far I can't fit it on without tearing it (And I'm pretty skinny!) so I'm going to have to split the chest after it's all resined and fiberglassed.

--UPDATE--

Hey guys I'm still here! :D sorry I haven't updated in a while I'm in college so that means no free time for me...
BUT I have been working on my armor bit by bit! I have re-pepped my helmet and I will be gluing it together either tonight or tomorrow night.
I have also bought a Nerf gun for when I make an Assault Rifle! :D I will be on Christmas break in 2 weeks so I will update a lot more!!!

Hey Aero!
Your chest / torso pepping (and all the other) look AWESOME! I am working on the chest now and I think I am going to have to do the back details in foamcore and foamies. I just don't think I can fold those tiny pieces even with my (zircon encrusted) tweezer skills. Very impressive.

Thanks no1laserjock! Yes those little pieces on the back of the torso piece are very tedious to cut and fold! Having said that I'm pretty nervous about doing the handplate..... lol Your build is looking fantastic and I'm sure your torso piece will turn out amazing! Good luck man!

Ok, so I glued the bottom half of my helmet and I can JUST BARELY get my head through. It's scaled at 260 mm's height so now I'm debating whether I should just go with it or remake it yet again and scale it to 270 mm's.... The only thing I'm worried about with keeping it is after I resin it I would have to cut a bigger hole and I don't want to cut too much off the helmet.... hmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back