Enough is Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Franly I've completely had it with the 405th. Months ago suggestions were made to get the site looking better, and still not one thing has been done on this site except for more restrictions, bot's are coming at the site from all angles and it's as simple as implementing a code into the site to prevent them from posting. The Front Page of the 405th is pretty much a ghost town and I don't know why that is, if it's because the staff cannot find someone to do the work, or if it's just because the staff are lazy.

Heck there's been news for Halo 4, Halo CE and that news could have been published let alone other news stories. Frankly I'm sick and tired of the excuses and procrastination. You want this forum, you can have it but let me tell you this one last thing in leaving, When Halo CE comes out and Halo 4 comes out regardless of what the 405th does, unless the site is cleaned up and worked on, all you're going to be stuck with is New Members because the veterans won't have any of it.

I bid you all adieu, I will not be returning. I will be setting up a Halo Costuming site in the near future. And any Veterans of the 405th will be welcome there. This site has lost too many damn good members of the community because of the staff's actions on this site. I won't be the first and I won't be the last veteran to leave.

as a noob i dont know if i have a place to say anything or not ( guess its those restrictions eh?) but it sucks that your leaving, but i understand your reasons. ive appreciate your insight on posts that i have read. i wish you luck

I completely agree with you on all of the above points, and more. I've made more attempts at helping to get the 405th back to it's once amazing status more times then I can count on my fingers, yet each time I try the Staff here never seems to let me go ahead with my (Or anybody elses) plans. I even started a veterans chat where members of the 405th Staff (Including Adam and Spase), 405th Moderators and long-time accomplished members that was meant to help change the 405th for the greater good and get it back on track.

Yet, all of our ideas were not used despite the approval and encouragement of the 405th's Staff and Mods. The Veterans offered their help, yet we were stopped cold because the Staff simply did not give those of us who offered our help any power to help efficiently and effectively. Our efforts went completely ignored, and everybody just petered out after a while.

However, the 405th is still the 405th, no matter how much it has changed for the better or worse. So, as these forums are going down, why not enjoy the ride? It's like offing yourself during the beginning of a Zombie Apocalypse... Wouldn't it be WAY cooler to see how humanity continues on as a human rather then a moaning, dead, brainless lump in the streets?

I’m tired of the 405th as well… Am I leaving as well? No. Why? Because tolleration is one of the best weapons a man can have... Aside from intimidation, but hell, that's what the 405th is for. Bad-ass armour really does make even the geekiest of people intimidating.

I, as always, am completely ready and willing to help the 405th. But, until the time comes where my help is being used, I’m just another soldier in the trenches waiting to go over the top again.

Stay frosty,

Jake
Xtreme TACTICS 101

I don't know you, so no offense when I say: I didn't even read your post and I'm not going too, seeing the title was enough for me to face palm and say "again?".
If you're gonna say you're leaving, then just LEAVE. Coming back constantly after all the complaining and 'threatening' to leave, just makes you look bad.

See you in a month, you'll be back; like the other 50 times you said you'd be leaving and not coming back and here you still are...

seriously? guys really? not to sound harsh but get over it. so the site isnt perfect and we have a noob and bot problem, is it really that hard to click that little blue arrow that points left at the top of your screen? AND on top of that, how many of those threads are in the creation section? ill tell you, NEXT TO NONE!! if you dont like those threads.........stay out of the noob section!! dun dun dun! shocker!!
the people who ask the stupid questions that have been answered a million times almost never make it past being a noob anyway. and all those dumb electronic selling threads, the TITLE is a dead give away as to what it is. solution: dont click on them!

and your opinion of the mods? im so very sorry they dont push every single aspect of their lives out of the way every time you want something. contrary to the seemingly growing belief, im sure our mods have lives outside of the 405th. what are you expecting? them to sit infront of their computer all day waiting for some noob to post a "i can has" thread or a bot? the fact that they are still here after what? 4 years? is pretty incredible to me.

but in all seriousness, just get over it. if you dont like those topics, just ignore them and go look at something worth looking at. theres plenty of it and you cant dispute that. now im sure that i cant change your mind (nintendude and xtreme) but let me say this to the rest of the forum...

TOLERATION!!!! YOU DONT HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING DOESNT HAVE TO BE PERFECT!! ACCEPT THE PROBLEMS... AND THEN MOVE ON!! THE FORUM IS HERE TO BRING THOSE OF US THAT LOVE BUILDING TOGETHER TO SHARE OUR WORK, SO SHARE!! IF THE NOOB OVERFLOW IS BOTHERING YOU STAY OUT OF THE NOOB FORUM AND MOVE ON!

just tolerate the problems and keep going. i never get tired of seeing all the new projects here on the 405th. im by no means an original member but im here to stay as long as i can and i hope the rest of you are as well. nintendude and xtreme tactics, i wish you good luck in whatever you do.

-soul products-brandon

Well John ,

You have been a great help too me in the past few years . I feel as if you were my mentor in costuming . I can't thank you enough for all you have done for this site and me . Happy trails my friend .

Jacob

I don't know you, so no offense when I say: I didn't even read your post and I'm not going too, seeing the title was enough for me to face palm and say "again?".
If you're gonna say you're leaving, then just LEAVE. Coming back constantly after all the complaining and 'threatening' to leave, just makes you look bad.

See you in a month, you'll be back; like the other 50 times you said you'd be leaving and not coming back and here you still are...

seriously? guys really? not to sound harsh but get over it. so the site isnt perfect and we have a noob and bot problem, is it really that hard to click that little blue arrow that points left at the top of your screen? AND on top of that, how many of those threads are in the creation section? ill tell you, NEXT TO NONE!! if you dont like those threads.........stay out of the noob section!! dun dun dun! shocker!!
the people who ask the stupid questions that have been answered a million times almost never make it past being a noob anyway. and all those dumb electronic selling threads, the TITLE is a dead give away as to what it is. solution: dont click on them!

and your opinion of the mods? im so very sorry they dont push every single aspect of their lives out of the way every time you want something. contrary to the seemingly growing belief, im sure our mods have lives outside of the 405th. what are you expecting? them to sit infront of their computer all day waiting for some noob to post a "i can has" thread or a bot? the fact that they are still here after what? 4 years? is pretty incredible to me.

but in all seriousness, just get over it. if you dont like those topics, just ignore them and go look at something worth looking at. theres plenty of it and you cant dispute that. now im sure that i cant change your mind (nintendude and xtreme) but let me say this to the rest of the forum...

TOLERATION!!!! YOU DONT HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING DOESNT HAVE TO BE PERFECT!! ACCEPT THE PROBLEMS... AND THEN MOVE ON!! THE FORUM IS HERE TO BRING THOSE OF US THAT LOVE BUILDING TOGETHER TO SHARE OUR WORK, SO SHARE!! IF THE NOOB OVERFLOW IS BOTHERING YOU STAY OUT OF THE NOOB FORUM AND MOVE ON!

just tolerate the problems and keep going. i never get tired of seeing all the new projects here on the 405th. im by no means an original member but im here to stay as long as i can and i hope the rest of you are as well. nintendude and xtreme tactics, i wish you good luck in whatever you do.

-soul products-brandon

+1 to both. Nintendude, I may not know you, but c'mon man. If I didn't know any better I'd think you were a 13 year old kid looking for sympathy and attention. Either stick to what you say you're going to do or just ignore the noobs and bots like the rest of us.

Everyone brings up good points. I agree a little with all of you. But I think that Nintendude's main problem is that he is tired of the staff saying they are working on solutions, and months later nothing has been done.

I am sure there are more than enough people that are willing and able to fix the problems, I for one wouldn't mind helping.

When it comes to forums, one of the most important things to keep in mind is toleration. I glance through the noob section daily, but most of the time nothing catches my eye. It would be nice to have more of the veteran members active, but for now I just tolerate the site.

Feel free to join us at the Soaringhammer forums. (a small prop forum for any genre)

Wish you the best of luck Nintendude.

I'd just like to point out: the staff have lives, full time jobs and careers. Of course there're not gonna have time to sit on the site and do nothing but make the site 'perfect' 24/7.

i just want to point out that there are some noob members like myself who do read all the posts and try giving out good advice, and following the rules set out to us, the whole reason y i have made an armor post yet is because i'm in college and i have alot of modeling project to do with that and building my portfolio, so i just don't have the time atm, i appreciate all the vet members and all the help they give, and i agree there are alot of retarded restrictions and yes there are some things that need to be done, but like hyoken says people have lives out side the forums and they are gonna live them weather you threaten to leave or not, i know i'm just a noob and saying all this might as well be like pissing in the wind here but whatever, i'm staying to see how it goes, and to learn all i can

oh and one more thing.... even i ignore the noob posts o.0

+1 to Pack hunter.
I am also a "noob" who reads more than they post, and aside from resurrecting my own armor thread, when I have updates, I don't even enter the noob section of the forum. It's sad that another veteran feels the need to leave the site for calmer waters, but I hope you find what your looking for. As for me and others like me, we'll be here sifting through the countless, pointless posts to find that one shard of information that we know has to have been asked before, so we don't have to ask it again.

This is kinda aimed at the post of *the admins/mods having lives too*

uh.. isn't the 405th part of that? didn't they choose to do this?
you can't just babysit a child and go to work all day and then say: sorry but i have a live too you know :')

if the higher ups don't have time for this site then they should make some or give the title to someone else.

I'm just saying.

Nintendude, I understand your frustration on how 405th has turned out. I too was hoping that the admin and mod will fix the site as they promised. Like everyone said, they have lives too. They manage this site voluntarily. We cannot expect 100% from them.

What you may have done is burn your own bridge. I don't know you personally, but I respect you for all you have done here and many costuming sites. But you need to take a step back, breath and let your frustration go. Bring this up by saying you are leaving for good is not helping you in any way. Asking 405th members to join your own site will just make yourself look even worse.

Most of us who have been here long enough have read your multiple decisions to leave 405th. In the end, you came back. No offiense, starting this thread just to highlight your own importance in 405th probably bring a lot of members here to really outcast you.

Like previous post when Admin/Mod banned you, I would recommend that they do that again by deleting this thread, for your own good and for the good of 405th.

Frankly I really don't give a **** anymore. Yes I understand the staff has real life jobs, but let me tell you something last night I set my forum up and it was done within a hour. That's all it would take for one of these staff members even if they took 4 minutes to do a little bit of work to improve this site it would make it better my main frustration is'nt against the new members I'm just stating that when the next Halo games come out this site will only be flooded by more new members, that will piss off more long time members of the site and soon all that will be left of the 405th is Noobs. Tell me where did Ruze go, how about other members we havent seen in forever. Dogwizard, Sean Bradley, the list of Vet's can go on and on that have left the site or just hardly come here anymore. I left in the past because I was tired of the ******** on the site with the staff, and I see nothing has changed and nothing will change. You think Adam gives a **** about this forum. Think again. I asked him a while back, How much it would cost for Halo Pelvis Armor, response I got back $300. So as far as I can tell with him, he's not in this for the fun anymore. I think the money became more important than his site and that's just my personal opinion. Just to add this is the only time I can think of that I have ever used foul language on the site. Franly right now I care care less what the staff think of me, what this forum thinks of me. The staff can take this forum and shove it where the sun does'nt shine for all I care, because it's crap.

Buh, bye

Nintendude,
The best course of action would be to simply ignore you, but this is just too egregious to just let slide.
Let's have a look at your history:
Nintendude Leaving The 405Th (09-24-2009)
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/19952-Nintendude-Leaving-The-405Th?highlight=leaving
Goodbye 405th (12-13-2010)
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30126-Goodbye-405th?highlight=leaving
No More Costuming For Me (07-23-2010)
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26116-No-More-Costuming-For-Me?highlight=leaving

I found these by a simple search of Nintendude and "leaving" I have no idea how many others there may be.
You language, attitude, and demeanor are repulsive. The 405th is a community and as such it is as good as its members. You, sir, are exactly what the 405th (or any other community) does not need.

The 405th is not a democracy. You have no rights here and you certainly have no right to demand any changes. Make your suggestions and see what happens. Don't like it, leave. Don't let the door hit you in the backside on the way out.

And be sure to demand they give you your money back. Oh, wait it's free - forgot that little detail.

John, I consider you and I to be friends man. You have helped me out on several occasions, and for that I am grateful, but don't let site admins/mods get in the way of why you and pretty much every other member came here in the first place, armor and prop making and the love of it. Sure the site could be better man, heck a lot of things in life could be better. It's what you make out of what you have that counts, not what you don't have.
I have never met you or any body from this forum in person, but you guys and gals are like family to me. I can see from when I started here to now at how a lot of people have grown and advanced in the ways of prop making. People are turning out some pretty amazing stuff on here lately in my opinion. And yes a lot of the vets have left this site, but that is sort of the cycle of things. The older generation moves on and makes room for others to step in and help lead the way.
So, from one friend and fellow armor maker to another, I would ask that you take some time and reconsider. But I do understand and respect your decision either way. Best of luck to you.:)

I'm not going to side with anyone on this argument because you all have great points. But what I will do is say this: John you've been a great help to all of us and this site. You have done a lot to help the armor designing community prosper, and I'm sure I won't be the only one who'll miss you. Best of luck to you in wherever life takes you. :)

I have been coming to this forum since I was in high school and until reading this thread I never realized how anti-noob so many of you are. The only reason reason I decided to start up this account here was because I felt so welcome and that I was joining an actual community of like minded people. Needless to say I am disappointed by what I've read and will try to forget as soon as possible. On a personal note I think the noob section of this forum is the most interesting part and beneficial. You see more progress there in a day then you might see in a week elsewhere.

I wish you the best of luck Nintendude but to be perfectly honest, I don't feel sorry for you.

Frankly I really don't give a **** anymore. Yes I understand the staff has real life jobs, but let me tell you something last night I set my forum up and it was done within a hour. That's all it would take for one of these staff members even if they took 4 minutes to do a little bit of work to improve this site it would make it better my main frustration is'nt against the new members I'm just stating that when the next Halo games come out this site will only be flooded by more new members, that will piss off more long time members of the site and soon all that will be left of the 405th is Noobs. Tell me where did Ruze go, how about other members we havent seen in forever. Dogwizard, Sean Bradley, the list of Vet's can go on and on that have left the site or just hardly come here anymore. I left in the past because I was tired of the ******** on the site with the staff, and I see nothing has changed and nothing will change. You think Adam gives a **** about this forum. Think again. I asked him a while back, How much it would cost for Halo Pelvis Armor, response I got back $300. So as far as I can tell with him, he's not in this for the fun anymore. I think the money became more important than his site and that's just my personal opinion. Just to add this is the only time I can think of that I have ever used foul language on the site. Franly right now I care care less what the staff think of me, what this forum thinks of me. The staff can take this forum and shove it where the sun does'nt shine for all I care, because it's crap.

I think it is for the best to stop this rant (again), and close the topic. Nintendude, you asked to be deactivated. I asked the admins on the mod bridge. It will be taken care off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back