My nooby suit made from a junker, still mostly WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good. I like the exposed metal effect on the front. Looking forward to seeing how this build turns out. Keep building.

Tony

Thanks, your kit should hit me sometime this week, I'll be sure to make good work from it.

also minor update, bondo'd the other shoulder, sanding hell tomorrow.
The goggles, they do nothing and I added padding in the shin parts to prevent them from making 360's all day.
ca61a752.jpg

687c961a.jpg

0c3d5225.jpg

It definitely looks like WetOkole's Rig. That makes those shoulders from my kit as well as the chest armor. Your rifle will be on its way in the morning BTW.

I KNOW YOU MAN!!!
You're that spartan from Abunai!! Your armor was awesome! Hope to see you next year! I will be busy making a mark V anniversary armor!

It definitely looks like WetOkole's Rig. That makes those shoulders from my kit as well as the chest armor. Your rifle will be on its way in the morning BTW.

In that case thanks for the shoulders/chest as well, going to build around/on the parts though, also the AR arrived safely thanks for the good stuff.

I KNOW YOU MAN!!!
You're that spartan from Abunai!! Your armor was awesome! Hope to see you next year! I will be busy making a mark V anniversary armor!
Working on it, probably won't make Acon but I did inquire if they had issues with the full body suit (which luckily they don't unlike last year).

Also in general, DUTCHIES WOO, are there a lot of us or are we like a rare breed?

Updates:
6d2b4b7c-1.jpg

da9797f4-1.jpg

9007138c-1.jpg

2d59dcf1-1.jpg

d9ce073a-1.jpg

Paint apps are pretty much done, blackula and thorrsoli's kits arrived today, going to assemble them and a knife within the next few weeks.

Considering remaking/replacing the first shoulder cause it's warped slightly during the hardening process.

93af3cf7.jpg

Attachment piece is painted and ready for attachment/ smoking and sealing.
Helmet has been cut and I'm waiting for the visor mounts to harden so I can cut the damn thing.

Also for the dutch/benelux people (and all whom might have an answer) where might one buy padding for the helmet, I found fans battery packs etc. so it just needs the padding and assembly now.

Glad to see everything made it to you intact. Looking good BTW. Love the thorsson assault rifle, good weapon choice. Keep up the great work!!

-Tony

Glad to see everything made it to you intact. Looking good BTW. Love the thorsson assault rifle, good weapon choice. Keep up the great work!!

-Tony

Waiting for the putty to harden fully so I can sand the visor seal tomorrow, after that it's time for my final layer of black followed by tape and more paint.
Going to be using my ever loved Mica red (tamiya) ontop of black matte.

Might have some pics up tomorrow of it.

I like the color, looks good. Are you going to Dry brush and black wash it? Either way, I'm sure your suit will look sick. Great work!

Tony

I like the color, looks good. Are you going to Dry brush and black wash it? Either way, I'm sure your suit will look sick. Great work!

Tony

Just added the details, waiting for those to dry before I give it the black wash following that I'll seal it (after attaching the attachment off course).

Visor's been cut, sanded, bolted etc. just need to scratch the detail lines in once the helmet is done, then I just need to rob a bike shop for the padding.

After all that the helmet will be done and I'll start pepping the knife /attaching the shoulder pieces to the bicep pieces thorrsoli made (seeing as apparently my chest/shoulders were originally made by him)

I like the color choice on the helmet, its starting to look like your going to end up with a second suit with all the new parts your building, Nice job so far

Helmet's (outside) is done~

65a0fefe.jpg

7c25d772.jpg

e897591f.jpg

5f78ff85.jpg

Next on my to do list is a standard reach knife, considering (even now) to remove 1 EVA shoulder in favor of something else, anyone got suggestions for what compliments the Mark VI and commando helmet design?

Updates, always with those pesky updates.
AR from thorssoli came in which then promptly got dragged to my sanding shed.
e8e0683a.jpg

Meanwhile the knife and sheath got painted in their basic colors, now I just need to wrap the handle up in a leather strap (main reason why I didn't sand it straight) and that bit aught to be done.
79c7e0a2.jpg

1485c5f9.jpg

a0664723.jpg

Meanwhile the Assault rifle is now on my bench drying from it's first 2 primary colors.
c9349ca6.jpg

df46bd86.jpg

When it's properly dried I'll add detail, shading and add the nobs, bolts and what have ye.

p.s. thorssoli is awesome, he even included an LED flashlight thats just perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back