moders??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankball

Is it just me, it seems like for the past 3 days of play reach i've been playing with ppl that seem to be using mods or using those modded controller. if is this is sad. my rank is General so im good (not the best). but it seems like i die within a few shots and there not even using a DMR or the mag.
its alwus seems like its the high ranks that r using mods

Maybe you're getting headshotted, or there is also someone behind you shooting you. There's lots of reasons why you could be dying fast, and I doubt a large number of people are modding.

I use a modded controller :') it's so easy to make so yeah, i think quite a bit of gamers did the same thing ^^"

someone needs to get banned from xbox live and have his 360 taken away

well there is really know way of detecting a modded controller throuh te xbox live system... anyone who has modded the actually xbox can get banned if caught, because again it all in the terms of use when you buy an item any illeage modifactions made to a patented product without permisson of the company in which it belongs to can and will be subject to a permant consule id ban and also is subject to a court trial...... this is what i get for working xbox live support

BTW it seems like its the guys with the storm on. i just left a match with 3 ppl using strom and geting headshots with eas, i think there using hacks or mods

my rank is General so im good (not the best).

First of all, I know this is a bit off-topic, but rank in Halo Reach is not indicative of skill, but rather of ones ability to earn cR.

I use a modded controller :') it's so easy to make so yeah, i think quite a bit of gamers did the same thing ^^"

To risk sounding rude, it's pretty pathetic that you happily admit to needing a modded controller to play this game....:rolleyes

this is what i get for working xbox live support

If you do indeed work for Xbox support, then would it be feasible to attempt to do something about the above who admitted to having a modded controller? I imagine it's possible to track down his Xbox Live gamertag somehow. Might not make a world of difference, but one less cheater is a step in the right direction.

I just hate people who need to gain unfair advantages over others. Just play the game as it is, it's not that challenging of a game anyway...:rolleyes

Does anyone actually know what a modded controller does? cause i don't really get the idea that anyone gets it, your just calling it cause someone is better then you x'D

Then enlighten us, o Halo god. If someone needs to use a modded controller to be "better", then they really aren't. Then again, I have nothing to hide....

I may be wrong but isn't the only mod able to be done to a controller, other then changing its style, the rapid fire? If someone is using a rapid fire controller in Reach then they would be worse then the average player due to bloom. Of course I don't know the specifics and hope to never know them personally.

I dont give a crap either way. If they arent modding, kill them. If you think they are modding, use that as incentive to try harder to kill them. I feel great when I bag someone whos been offing me left and right. I normally assassinate them.

All in all, if youre good, then it doesnt matter. And last I checked no one here is a member of the Microsoft police force.
Well, except for maybe Captain Help Desk back there, lol.

Mitch, I have seen you play and we all know you are a l33t h4x0r.... No one is really that good at sniping.... your like a jet packing dentist who Frankensteined your 360 and a George Foreman Grill together so you could grill people all day long.

But in all seriousness, lets play nice people....

The only mods that can survive to online play are simple, i.e. rapid-fire controllers. Actual mods to the game software or Xbox hardware get an immediate permanent ban as soon as the Xbox connects to Xbox LIVE. It's hilariously easy to detect changes in either of those categories. Modded JTAG consoles are the exception, but those are never used for modding regular online play since they are banned within 30 minutes, meaning a $200+ console is wasted every 30 minutes the user spends modding online.

You're just dying a lot, I suppose. And ranks in Reach mean nothing except for how much you've played the game. Skill doesn't factor in at all, you could be having your pet dog play it for you and no one would be able to tell the difference.

And just for the record, folks, Microsoft seriously does not care about mods unless they present a serious problem with online play (not auto-fire controllers, but stuff like super-jump and god mode, mostly software modifications). They have neither the money nor the drive to hunt down people who customize what they bought. The only case I can think of that Microsoft ever cared about was when someone was mass-selling modded JTAG consoles, and even then they only received a cease-and-desist. If anything was going to happen to people who modded their Xbox 360's or controllers, it would have happened already.

I mod with my mind o_O

When people see me, they rapidfire their own faces! Lol

Pace your shots to become a more deadly gunman anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back