Custom M6D in less than an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

soshalslayr

Jr Member
So i was looking for ways to make weapon props for the next con that im going to and i thought about making a cardboard weapon. REEEEEAAAALLLY easy, not too high def, but the longest part is waiting for it to dry.

Basically all you have yo do is cut out 4 or 5 layers of the weapon and glue them together. Like i said, waiting for the paint to dry was the longest step. I WOULD recommend this as a first weapon build, but I WOULD NOT recommend this to anyone who wants anything more than just a low quality silhouette of a weapon

6310236181_8b942a523a_z.jpg

6310236071_84d11c149d_z.jpg

hey! not to bad for under an hour...would like to see what you do when you take your time on one, bet it would look amazing :D

You should try doing a foam sliced build, I did my M6 Socom (ODST version) in foam, and being my first foam weapon it wasn't perfect but the foam lets you get a good amount of detail carved into it, and you get a light weight realistic product!

Well specifically foam floor mats. with the addition of foamies for added detail.

This is the M6 Socom i made from the floor mats and just carving detail with a dremel....
2011-10-16_20-44-56_614.jpg

Like i said you can get some pretty nice detail, As you can see mine isn't perfect but ive seen a few builds on here using that method that have come up with even better results than this.

Hope that helps!

*Edit*
And sorry for the crappy picture quality, i used my cell phone -__-

So I think that I'm going to do a kind of hybrid, because I love using cardboard as my medium, but I can't exactly put any details on the cardboard because it'll like disintegrate as I cut it. So I think I'll make a cardboard base and do all the details with foam.

Thank you!

And by molding do you mean shaping the foam itself or casting off of the foam?

I know when you heat the foam you can shape it a bit. As far as casting off of the foam, I'm really not sure, you could always ask around but idk how the casting chemicals would react to the foam.

*edit*
The foam and cardboard idea is proven though most people try to create a cardboard casing I have done one of those as well though i cant say i was overly pleased with the results. However there is a guy on here I think his name is MARTIAN that does excellent cardboard weapons that look like the real thing. You should def look him up if thats the method you want to use

Yeah I meant casting it. And what you could probably do is put a coat of resin on it if the foam doesn't take well to the chemicals

Yea thats a possibility though resin is pretty corrosive, though thats what this hobby is about, experimentation and trial and error!

It was sliced,

I used two layers for the base then another 1 on either side for the silencer, action and grip. I scaled and drew the template myself, but I'm sure you can find one on here somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back