So I am making my Noble 6 Armor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZACHSDAD0121

First piece, coming along ok i guess. I am finding it hard to work on the paper without bending it or crumpling it. more pics to come..

Pep is tricky to work with at first. If thats your first piece, it came out great! Looks to be the right size too, so its a great job for a first or even 101st piece! Any wrinkles will be smoothed out in the bondo/sanding phase. And that pep looks like it wont need a lot of bondo or sanding. Seriously, its a great base for a great forearm!

DSC03010.jpg

First piece, coming along ok i guess. I am finding it hard to work on the paper without bending it or crumpling it. more pics to come..

Paper? Cardstock I hope. Preferably 110lb

Updated pics of forearm piece

SO I have fiberglassed, resined, and put a coat of primer on this piece to find the imperfections.. what do you guys think? thoughts on getting the right shape and curvature?
forearmfiberglassed-1.jpg

forearmfiberglassed.jpg

Pep is tricky to work with at first. If thats your first piece, it came out great! Looks to be the right size too, so its a great job for a first or even 101st piece! Any wrinkles will be smoothed out in the bondo/sanding phase. And that pep looks like it wont need a lot of bondo or sanding. Seriously, its a great base for a great forearm!

Thanks so much!! yes this is my first piece, it is SOO time consuming... thanks so much for the comment!

Post how you want on your project, its ok, its your thread lol. Your sizing looks right on to me. As far as sanding and bondo go, its kind of a personal thing. To me, the armor seems to be somewhat angular in game, so it should reflect that in the piece. And for curvature, bondo, sand and repeat till youre happy with it. It looks like it wont be much of an issue for you though lol. The 2 ways are apply a little bondo at a time as layers, sanding as you go, or apply a thick layer and dig the details back out. I prefer the first method.

I hate to let you in on this cause your pep work is great, but foam is much less expensive and comfortable and easy to work with. You can get almost the same results with foam too. However I still use pep/bondo for hard items like helmets.

looks like a good start dude! Scale looks good too, thats about where that piece sits on me but it overlaps my wrist on to my upper hand a little to help with bending my arm with my bicep piece on. Ruze's forearm file that you are using is a good one too, it's a good base if you wanna add cardboard or styrene to it if you want to add details. Looking forward to more updates! :D

Post how you want on your project, its ok, its your thread lol.

Not necessarily. You should always try to consolidate all replies into one post. Otherwise, it gives the impression that one is padding their reply number to reach Infantryman status, which is frowned upon. It also clutters up a thread unnecessarily.

OP, use the quotes feature to answer several people in one thread, and use the Edit post button to add new info/photos instead of making new replies. On that note, your Pep work looks very good, and the scaling seems fine. Keep up the good work, and you'll end up with a great suit. Good luck.

Looking good! Your forearm looks right to me, but if you think the shape is off all you can really do is manipulate it with layers of bondo. Again, the shape looks right to me.
Great job, especially for a first timer. You have some real talent! :)

Thanks so much, here is the first hand plate fiberglassed, still have to do a little bit of shaping with bondo on this one.. but it came out good I think..
331952_314548475226048_100000126930001_1488817_1887676931_o.jpg

331800_314548235226072_100000126930001_1488815_352908708_o.jpg

looks like a good start dude! Scale looks good too, thats about where that piece sits on me but it overlaps my wrist on to my upper hand a little to help with bending my arm with my bicep piece on. Ruze's forearm file that you are using is a good one too, it's a good base if you wanna add cardboard or styrene to it if you want to add details. Looking forward to more updates! :D

are there details that I am missing? i have been trying to look at pics to get it right, but I'm not sure what detail to add..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back