Halo: CE Anniversary Mark V. Helmet (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm new to 405th and have been drooling over the amazing suits you guys have created. I've been wanting to make one for a year now but never started. But I finally just decided, if I'm going to do it, then might as well not wait.

The armor I really want to make, is the Halo CE: Anniversary Mark V. Helmet. Its the New Look for the old Combat Evolved Helmet, and no one of my knowledge has created it yet. If possible I would really love for it to look alot like: Flying Spartan's Version and/or Fudz073's Regular Ce Version. They truly look amazing to me.

I know the basics already.. Pepakura, fold it, smooth-cast it, sand, bondo, ect. But I don't really know what exactly to do, and how to do it either. These are things like Sizing, How to sand it, cut out the visor.. And do I still need to resin/fiberglass after the smooth-cast? I don't think Fudz073 did...

So anyway please 405th members, I'm new and would really like to become part of this Great Community. Whatever help is given is greatly appreciated.

P.S. Flying Spartan and Fudz073. If one of you see this, can you please help with any tips. You guys are the one's who inspired me to create the helmet after all. I really do love the ways your CE version's look :)

Edit: PICTURES START ON PAGE 2!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear to you liked the helmet. (FYI, I got a lot of tips off of Flying Spartan's thread) But I hear you need help. First things first.

You wan't to pep the helmet. In order to do this you need the file (of course). Rhinoc has a very high def version. I used MOz's because I like a simple template to work with. Next you need Pepakura DESIGNER. Viewer will only work to print, not to scale or edit. There are ways to manipulate the program without actually buying it. Not too sure how to achieve this, but I'll bet you can find a thread on here somewhere describing how to. Scaling is the hardest part. I scaled my helmet three times before I was happy and it still ended up a little to big (bobble head syndrome, as some call it). Halogoddess has a good tutorial on scaling.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial

Don't settle with the pep. Be very precise with your measurments and it the helmet ends up too big, make another. The pep is the frame of your build. It's the most important part.

In regards to one of your previous questions about fiberglass and smooth cast, each is a method to harden the helmet from the inside. You either use one or the other. I prefer smooth cast, it's what I used for my helmet. But, fiberglass works just as well.

Focus on the pepping right now and then post when you have another question at the next stage. It you can't wait, read some of the noob stickies. They have a TON of info. Good luck and hope you post your progress!

I am working on a Mark V right now (link below) and i kinda walk through my process alitte there...

I used MOZ's version (lower detail)

but rundown has an AMAZING HD helmet... if you are new i would go with the MOZ version here

I am working on my first build right now too and what I can say is take your time, don't rush anything. Im getting great peps made that with a little bondo work will look amazing, and I'm very self critical but the biggest thing is take your time.

Focus on the pepping right now and then post when you have another question at the next stage. It you can't wait, read some of the noob stickies. They have a TON of info. Good luck and hope you post your progress!

Thanks so much man, it means alot coming from you especially. And did you just smooth-cast yours? Nothing else?

One more thing, can you please tell me all of the supplies I'll need.

Oh and I'm 14, so I don't want to suddenly out grow my helmet. So I'm probably going to scale either my Dad's head, or my 18 year old brother's. Until I'm done growing I'll be fine with being a bobble head Spartan or just using it for display. Lol. Is that a a good idea though?

Also, When I have pictures ready, should I post it somewhere else?
And Thanks again

Don't think your head grows much after you turn 13. Not to sure about that. But I'll think you'll be fine scaling it to your head now and adding a safety margin of about half and inch. As for the smooth cast, Yes - I only used smooth cast to harden the inside. However, you coat the outside in a thin layer of fiberglass RESIN. Resin only, no actual fiberglass. This seals the paper. Here's a link to the smoothcast method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzzrX1RBAec

Again hope this helps. Good luck!

P.S. Post pictures on this thread. Just post in the headline on what page the pics start!

I am working on a Mark V right now (link below) and i kinda walk through my process alitte there...

I used MOZ's version (lower detail)

but rundown has an AMAZING HD helmet... if you are new i would go with the MOZ version here

Okay, but whats really the difference with the MOZ and the Rundown Version? I mean once you bondo the helmet and sand it'll look great either way. Right?

And would anybody know how to get a free version of Pepakura? Or if not, How much does it cost?
Thanks again for the help

Don't think your head grows much after you turn 13. Not to sure about that. But I'll think you'll be fine scaling it to your head now and adding a safety margin of about half and inch. As for the smooth cast, Yes - I only used smooth cast to harden the inside. However, you coat the outside in a thin layer of fiberglass RESIN. Resin only, no actual fiberglass. This seals the paper. Here's a link to the smoothcast method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzzrX1RBAec

Again hope this helps. Good luck!

P.S. Post pictures on this thread. Just post in the headline on what page the pics start!

I think I'll know how to resin, Ive seen many videos including the oneyou sent me. And okay, will do. But what do you mean headline, and how do you post images in a post?
And last, thanks so much. It really means alot coming from you

FYI you can get the free pepakura designer from tamasoft website but you can't save any change unless you buy passcode and it will cost you $38 and smoothcast 320 trial kit will cost around $38 and I used modpodge to coat the outside the helmet before I used smoothcast on the inside and one more thing as for the scale of the helmet usually around 275 - 285mm high

FYI you can get the free pepakura designer from tamasoft website but you can't save any change unless you buy passcode and it will cost you $38 and smoothcast 320 trial kit will cost around $38 and I used modpodge to coat the outside the helmet before I used smoothcast on the inside and one more thing as for the scale of the helmet usually around 275 - 285mm high

Aight cool, so with the free version can I still scale the armor? Thanks

u can still scale, move pieces, cut combine do w/e. the only option that isn't in the free version is you cant save any changes you've done to the file and open it up again with your changes

Hey guys, sorry I've neglected this thread a little. I've been totally sidetracked with playing the New Halo CE: Anniversary Game. It is.. truly amazing. :)

Alright so anyway, after researching some information on the CE Anniversary Helmet. I noticed some slight differences in the Re-Mastered Version of the Halo CE: Mark V. Helmet:

HaloanniversaryPepakura2.jpg

The circles highlighted in red show the differences. I also highlighted anything else I saw because I might end up making a full suit!

I also was able to find a file that was cleaned up by koshima07, to replicate the look of the Halo CE: Anniversary Version:

MkVHelm1.png

He did a Wonderful Job. All I'll have to do is cut the New-looking vents out.
Link: Mk V Helm PrototypeII

I will start the pepping this Week since I have a week off for Thanksgiving, and will post pics soon. Thanks for the help and I will keep you guys updated. Any help is Greatly Appreciated!

Okay, but whats really the difference with the MOZ and the Rundown Version? I mean once you bondo the helmet and sand it'll look great either way. Right?

And would anybody know how to get a free version of Pepakura? Or if not, How much does it cost?
Thanks again for the help

yes of course, its just the fact one is higher detail, one is not... it looks like you are going with the CEA build (clearly higher detail) and you have a nice model for it, so wich ever you do it will still looks cool. and dont worry about growing out of your armor, i am 15 but the videos and pictures i will take of my armor will last forever(memories)...

"The past is history; tommarow a mystery... but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present" -Uguay

Can some one Help me, my file Im using( Its the only Halo Anniversary File ). Needs to be unfolded. Like everything is mixed up?

(EDIT)

No worry's , Sky_Walker was able to do it for me. Thank you SO much man. This build would be on a major delay if it wasn't for you!

( EDIT 2 )

Pepakura kept messing up for Sky_Walker. Can anybody else PLEASE unfold this helmet?

( EDIT 3: FINAL )

koshima07 created a new and final file already unfolded to 300mm, and it was unfolded again for me by BUBBENSTEIN.
Thanks so much guys!

ya hey i really am sorry about that... i still need some unfold prac i guess, or figure out everthing about about the pep desighner

And here it is, the first EVER Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Helmet! Yes, I finally finished pepping. I still have a couple parts to glue still... Near the visor as you can see... But anyway, I really want to thank BUBBENSTEIN. I would be SO lost without his help.

Picture0534-1.jpg

Anyone have tips for Resining, Smooth-casting, Bondoing, and sanding?
I don't plan on putting in the paper-visor, cheek bumps or light-bulbs. I'll just put in supports when Resining, and then real ones like Fudz076 did.
Is that smart to do, or will it cause Warping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back