Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Building a UNSC Frigate

2. awesome job, Winter of Discontent has my vote.

Absolutely beautiful! Went through the whole thread, but I couldn't find any mentioning of fibreglass or resin. With what did you glue it?
    Have you ever thought of making an rc plane of some air/space vehicle from the Halo universe? That would be THE, BEST ;D
    My Fenrir Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts

I'm also known as Scumbag IcecreamThunder on Steam, so feel free to say hi when/if you see me playing TF2 or L4D2

A secret island off the coast of south america
    Quote Originally Posted by SchlagerNinja View Post
    Absolutely beautiful! Went through the whole thread, but I couldn't find any mentioning of fibreglass or resin. With what did you glue it?
    Have you ever thought of making an rc plane of some air/space vehicle from the Halo universe? That would be THE, BEST ;D
    Thanks for asking, i use Amazing Goop to glue it together and i have never used resin or fiberglass (perhaps for my next costume) The rigidity of the matte board is usually enough, that it can take some stress.

A Pelican would be awesome as an R/C, but i'm a bit limited in my abilities right now. :b
    Mooigha! :[ ]

Not really related to the frigate, but something i'm also working on in my spare time. It's the emblem i use for the Halo games, i made templates of it and after i finish sewing it, i'll sew it onto the other shoulder.

[Painting of the frigate will start monday]

Blog Entries
    the frigate looks boss dude! keep it up! also are those emblems patches for armor, or just random patches on clothes?
    --->>>>"Trusting in Jesus"<<<<---
    --->>>>Hazop Reach build: In Progress<<<<---

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanT117 View Post
    the frigate looks boss dude! keep it up! also are those emblems patches for armor, or just random patches on clothes?
    Thanks! ^^

The UNSC patch, i bought and attatched to a shirt, the other patch i'm making to attatch to the same shirt.

Blog Entries
    Sweet! representin the Halo Universe on normal everyday clothes! you should totally compete with A.E. and Aeropostale!! haha Merry Christmas dude!
    --->>>>"Trusting in Jesus"<<<<---
    --->>>>Hazop Reach build: In Progress<<<<---

Merry....er...After Christmas everyone!!! :[ ]

Well, construction on the Frigate just wraped up a half hour ago. Which brings the number of work hours to around 180. Tomorrow i'll be putting on two coats of silver spray paint, on thursday i'll brush the grey paint on, friday i'll paint the details and saturday the clear lacquer goes on. After which my nearly two month labor of love will finally be completed!!

I'll post pictures late tomorrow after the silver has been applied.

Stage one of the painting process is complete, with a layer of silver spray paint now dry i can start painting the grey and black on. ^^