2 Kat Suits in 1 Year (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nogood

Jr Member
--***UPDATES or PICTURES WILL BE POSTED EVERY END OF THE MONTH!!!!***--
I will reply to posters or replys/questions throughout...if I get time! :)

Whats up 405thers! I am now working on a total new suit.... SUITS!

Here is alittle of my plans and ideas about doing this and some pictures to show you my Novembers Progress....

I plan on completing 2 (TWO) Kat suits out of Foam. (The Helmets will be Bondo/Resin)
-Why Foam: I have worked with both Foam and Rondo/Bondo. Foam is cheaper and faster for me to work with, but I can't do as much detail work such as use my handy Dremel.

Now for the total project- it contains 34 pieces for Both Suits.
Helmets x2
Chest x2
Waist Belt x2
Shoulders x4
Forearms x4
Hands x4
Thighs x4
Knee pads x4
Shin x4
Shoes x4

This is my plan on how to complete the suits before Halloween of 2013-
Nov.- Hands & Knees (Check)
Dec.- (x2) Waist Belts & (x2) Forearms
Jan.- (x2) Forearms & (x2) Shoulders
Feb.-(x2) Shoulders & Start on Thighs
Mar.- Have all (x4) Thighs Done
Apr.- (x4) Shins
May.- Chest
Jun.-Finish Chest & Start Shoes
Jul.- (x4) Shoes
Aug.-Helmets
Sept.- Extra month--
Oct.- Paint/ Touch up Parts

HOPE that covers it.

I will also be getting help from the Amazing LilTyrant! She has already gave me some great pointers! ( Keep in mind her Kat Suit was skillfully and amazing made with loads of time and talent. ) Mine or Both of mine will be made SUPER FAST and probably will not be as detailed as hers! So don't be to tough on mine!
Liltyrant has got the best suit hands done even before I make these =D Plus she has an one of a kind undersuit... my undersuit will be whatever my wife's friend finds (black pants I guess and turtle neck probably lol)

*Last but not least the reason why I'm making these 2 suits is not for myself of course, but for my lovely wife =P AND her best friend. So hopefully we can have an unforgettable Halloween this coming year!
****Very Important-my wife doesn't know I'm working on it.. so I'm going to have her friend try on all the pieces and when halloween comes, hopefully her friend will show her and then tell her she needs to try hers on =D....... IT would be A Epic surprise!... It will be hard of course for me to work on it without her knowing.........

NOW For Nov.- Hands & Knees

1.jpg

I simply Drew this on a piece of paper just looking at Kat's suit and added my own little touch. (My tough is the small square in the middle)
2.jpg

Compared to my own hand
3.jpg

Simply cut it out and put the paper own to test size...(MIGHT BE BIG...Hope not)
4sharpee.jpg

Trace the piece onto foam with Sharpee.
5cutfoam.jpg

Cut out the foam by using a Box Cutter. (reason why is because you go through Blades FAST)
6.jpg

I simply cut the piece out after I got the Base done to add the 3D look I guess...
9.jpg

3D Lol
8.jpg

Another 3D picture...Example lol
7.jpg

One set of Hands is DONE!!! kinda...at least cut out
11.jpg

I had this problem and will have it with Foam (The curve in my foam is from where it has been rolled up. I Bought cheap foam for 20 bucks but it was in a tight roll.
So I tried to set something heavy on it ALL night and see if it would make it flat...
12.jpg

Something heavy...
10.jpg

Yea I Forgot.... I Cut OUT All the hands!
14.jpg

Something Heavy added to the Heavy... Epic xD
15.jpg

Sadly it didn't work.... SO Plan B- Cut a small line out where it needs to be folded/bent.
16.jpg

Simply Add Hot Glue and Bend into place.....Hold for about 30 Seconds (if blowing on it...) LOL

To Be Continued........

17.jpg

Presto!!!
18.jpg

Make sure to do both...
19.jpg

I Traced the blue part over the gray, because its easier to tell where to put the glue and then set the part down....
20.jpg

What you think?
23.jpg

Now add (My Touch..)
24.jpg

We now have 1 Hand Complete! ...3 more lol
25.jpg

This is going to be one tough project... 4 of everything.... lol
26.jpg

All 4 Are Done.... lol Simple as That! - Nogood can do it anyone can =D
27.jpg

To be Continued.................................

Now that was the Hands.... I also Finished the Knees and The progress and steps are below....

1-1.jpg

Step one... look at your blueprint and draw something on paper (LilTyrants Method in a way)
2-1.jpg

Simply cut out the paper and trace them onto foam again...
3-1.jpg

Simply cut the foam out with Box Cutter
4.jpg

This is the knee...
5.jpg

HUGE PROBLEM with Foam... its hard to hide the lines.... BUT
6-1.jpg

Cut the pieces at angles... and BaM!
7-1.jpg

It fits nicely!!
8-1.jpg

This IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.... remember you go through box blades FAST!! GET SOME!
9-1.jpg

Box blades dull because all the cutting of the angles...
13-1.jpg

Same PROBLEM as with the hands... The Foam is Bending up... so I got to do the same thing I did to the hands and cut a little line out the back and add hot glue....hold in place for 30 seconds...
14-1.jpg

Now the other part is bad...so...
15-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

16-1.jpg

Finally!!
20-1.jpg

To Be Continued..........

Now do both...
21-1.jpg

Final Part... Bend the same.... so many bends lol
22-1.jpg

REMEMBER to hold.... so the glue drys good (30 seconds...)
23-1.jpg

I glue the middle first... let it dry then bend the sides down one at a time so the foam bends and sticks good...
24-1.jpg

Now it looks better :)
25-1.jpg

Other side
26-1.jpg

One done and 3 to go......
27-1.jpg

Bending all the pieces then I glue together...
29.jpg

putting them together....
28.jpg

*Hint about foam.... If you want to add more hot glue to the back, go ahead and it will more than likely be stronger, but will cost more for hot glue of course =D
30.jpg

Knees Complete!! Hope they fit.....

Last.jpg

NOV> Complete----

Now that Nov.- is over...................... I think I did good :) now on to Dec.- Waist Belts (x2) and (x2) Forearms------Wish me Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back