Halo 4 Helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sir have a gift. This is very inspirational! Great Job!

I concur with the statement above :p
Freakin awesome man

Thanks guys, can't say that I have a gift, more like patience I guess, I will not stop messing with and area till its as smooth as I can get it also from building so many helmets I have picked up on how to get the Bondo to cure the way I want it to, which is how I manage to get thing smooth looking

I appreciate the comments, I plan to jump back on this helmet next week so should have some update pics then, gotta finish up a few things on mine and Blackulas ODST build, finish up my foam suit for MegaCon and a few other things im working on at the moment and I have about a month to manage all this stuff

UPDATE TIME

Been working on the H4 helmet for the past 2 days, finally got everything smooth and now im starting to add the details, So far trying to figure out what details go on a concept helmet has been a pain, I can only find a handful of refrence images to work off, so hopefully the actual Halo 4 helmet don't change to much from the pics I have been using for refrence, I can only go by limited refrence photos and the pep model itself, I still have some detail work to finish on the top of the helmet, the 2 circle holes on each side of the helmet and the front nose part where it has indents in the mouth area, I should be able to finish this in a few days

Still need to add details under the brim and the mouth area needs the indents
DSC05112.jpg

Top of helmet, I still have work on the bump areas
DSC05117.jpg

Back of the helmet, I still have to finish up some details here also
DSC05114.jpg

Side of helmet, need to add the 2 holes under the arch thingamajig
DSC05113.jpg

DSC05120.jpg

Also the visor in the pictures is just one of those $7.00 Amazon specials, I will replace it with a gold one once this helmet is finished, also I just stuck it in the helmet and its not attached, thats why there is a gap between the visor and the frame
Hope you guys like it
I will post more updates soon

Awesome! I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of this design, but your work is phenomenal! Just seeing how smooth and crisp everything is turning out is truly impressive, ESPECIALLY with such a difficult pep. Great job so far, can't wait to see it completed!

Thanks for the comments guys, I have to agree that this is one of the hardest models I have pep'd so far, also its a pain to do any body work on it because of all the angles and corners so I had to sand the whole thing by hand, If anybody wants to build something to test out your skills I would suggest this model...............Im only kidding Don't do it unless your crazy lol

Thnaks for the comment, im sending it off to Blackula so he can mold it, there are to many details on this helmet so I will gladly give Blackula the headache

That is pretty awesome. it's so clean and sharp I assumed it was already molded and cast! Can't wait to see more. Keep up the awesome work.

Thnaks for the comment, im sending it off to Blackula so he can mold it, there are to many details on this helmet so I will gladly give Blackula the headache

If there really is this alleged helmet, then it will be molded. Looks photo shopped to me.

That is pretty awesome. it's so clean and sharp I assumed it was already molded and cast! Can't wait to see more. Keep up the awesome work.

You assume incorrectly...lol. Jk, this is a common misconcption with Hyper's helmet as they are " I can't believe it's not butter" smooooth! lol

Anyways, Great job Hyper, this beast s redonkulous!!

Thanks for the comments guys, I have to agree that this is one of the hardest models I have pep'd so far, also its a pain to do any body work on it because of all the angles and corners so I had to sand the whole thing by hand, If anybody wants to build something to test out your skills I would suggest this model...............Im only kidding Don't do it unless your crazy lol

I will have to agree with you. I also started pepping the helmet. I've been spending 2 hours every night for the past week and I'm not done yet. It is one of the hardest helmet to pep. There are so many nooks and cranies that it is not even funny. What's worse is they are all so small. I was wondering how to get the helmet smooth. The answer is obviously hand sanding, slowly.

Now on your work. Kudos to you. I'm amazed with the details you put in. I don't think I can ever beat it. But I will try... :) Not!

On the practical side. I know the helmet may not be the final version. In looking at the details, I have to imagine what's with all the bumps on the side. Besides communication hardware, do you think MC reserves some space for Kool-Aid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back