Halo 4 Helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.
:DREMIX!! They see me rollin’…lol. Ok, enough nonsense. I present to you, the remold of the FoSho!

This time, things went a lot better. Tried something new recommended by my man Hyper and I believe this mold will do. See pics below:

Put it on a tripod, so I could pivot the model around and get the silicone to get into all the details better

2ecc2b30.jpg

Rebound 25 first layer

8cecc286.jpg

Dragon skin subsequent layers

6b1ba0b0.jpg

Detail Captured perfectly

fde5b8bf.jpg

20b8da10.jpg

Finished mold

ded24b4a.jpg

Side by side comparison to original

19f3fa66.jpg

09aa8cc5.jpg

452b70c2.jpg

b0c4f520.jpg

328478df.jpg

c3c3cfa1.jpg

Well, let me know what you think guys! Pretty stoked that this mold worked.

Thanks for viewing guys!

Tony

I think it turned out great this time around, looks like minimal clean up work and you can pretty much paint it as is, well at least from what I can see, looks like you can now make a H4 helmet army

Nice job my friend.....

Oh wow....phenomenal work buddy!! Great job, by both of you. Definitely an outstanding finished product.

-Matt

Okay I'm not even a fan of the new helmet design but I bow in respect to how well you have done. It looks great and the details are fantastic. As always this is great work. Keep it coming.

Honestly I would never make a Mk 7, but I would love to have one of these. I bet it is MK VI compatible as the Mk VI is Mk V compatible.

Your helmet looks amazing the detail work looks like it was done by a machine so in saying that you do amazing detail work man good job.

All I know is im happy that they didn't change the helmet that I can tell from the original refrence shots that I used to build the helmet so looks like I got lucky building this one as close to the game as I could

113_halo4masterchiefhelmetdark.png

111_halo4masterchiefhelmet.png

78_halo4masterchief.png

and My Helmet
DSC05145.jpg

Hyper, Blackula

YOU GUYS ROCK!! I love your team work on this and your ODST thread. You both are great builders! I like the molding process and everything it entails it was truly interesting seeing all that. I love the way everything looks. Please do not stop sharing with us!! You two remind me why i love being part of this community :)

Brilliant work man! I hope I can detail mine as good as yours!

Thank you, I think you can get your just as detailed, especially now that they have some good refrence photos out of the helmet, you should be able to make one spot on, good luck with you build, I'll keep an eye on it

That pull Looks sweet my friend. looks total sweet.

I have to agree Thorn, Blackula managed to get the mold about perfect this time, the casts come out of the mold with very little clean up, I think he is really getting good at making molds and I will probably have him mold my work for now on

Hyper, Blackula

YOU GUYS ROCK!! I love your team work on this and your ODST thread. You both are great builders! I like the molding process and everything it entails it was truly interesting seeing all that. I love the way everything looks. Please do not stop sharing with us!! You two remind me why i love being part of this community :)

Thanks man, I appreciate the comment, im sure Blackula does also, I have to agree it is pretty cool to see the molding process and Blackula post alot of pics

Truely great work... will be waiting for the finished helmet :)

Now that you mentioned it, I have some finished pics of one of the Halo 4 helmet casts that I decided to paint so I could show one finished, for this one I installed an ugly off color goldish visor, not my prefrence but it was cheap and I had it lying around, the helmet does have the silver scratch marks but they were drowned out from the camera flash also I think I blackwashed it a little to much thats why it looks all dirty and nasty, my next one will be a little cleaner and an actual gold visor, hope you guys like it

DSC05517.jpg

DSC05515.jpg

DSC05516.jpg

DSC05514.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back