CQC Helmet Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
ironbloodedcrow- i used smooth cast 320 on the outside and 321 on the inside
spartan t117-thanks!
Deadpool- no, its not going to be all cqc. ive got all the parts im going to use on page 3

I found some scraps from a memory foam matress, and i have all the padding im going to use on the inside cut out, i just need the right glue.
i ay paint today, but im not sure. Im thinking either dark green or black. any thoughts?

i would go with either a dark green or forest green, black would take away from the details of the helmet i think......Dark metalic red would also look good

I say a little brighter than chief, like a forest green from Reach is what I'm goin for, maybe we could get together at a Con! you know, since we're both goin Reach...

spartan t117-That would be pretty cool, but id need to finish the rest of my suit and convince my parents to drive me to wherever it would be :p
I got a pine green color spray paint yesterday, and i think thats the color im gonna use
BUT- i accidently droped my helmet and it landed on a spot where the plastic coating wasn't too thick... there is a crack ( i think its pretty minor, but i cant really tell) will it be fixable in the bondo stage?????
because i wasnt able to fix it with more smooth cast; it just dripped through the crack.

Put tape over the crack on the outside and pour the smooth cast inside around the crack, a little may escape but it will seal the crack, Smooth Cast don't seem to stick to masking tape and if it does just sand the tape off, it won't hurt the helmet, or you can take some fiberglass cloth on the inside and resin it over the crack, I've done both but the tape way is the easiest

Ok, i fixed the crack with more smooth cast. i also have put padding in place, and the helmet fits perfectly. i need to get some bondo so i can start sanding a detailing, but for now i am attempting to make foam thighs.

spartan t117- yeah, and you're in NM and im in NY :p
in other news, i finished a foam thigh today, but my foam is too thin and doesn't hold its shape :(
maybe pictures tomorrow

spartan t117- yeah, and you're in NM and im in NY :p
in other news, i finished a foam thigh today, but my foam is too thin and doesn't hold its shape :(
maybe pictures tomorrow

oh darn you!!!!! I've always wanted to live in NY!!!!!! I hope your armor comes out well, there should be a harbor freight somewhere in the Big Apple, the foam mats they sell seem to be the standard on here.

oh darn you!!!!! I've always wanted to live in NY!!!!!! I hope your armor comes out well, there should be a harbor freight somewhere in the Big Apple, the foam mats they sell seem to be the standard on here.

haha lol i dont live in NYC, just the state. although i did go to the bronx for a cross country race earlier this year. and there is a harbor freight near my house, i had to go their once to get this crazy drill bit so that i could open up my xbox controller. i think im gonna head out today to grab some bondo and thicker foam. can i get bondo at harbor freight???

haha lol i dont live in NYC, just the state. although i did go to the bronx for a cross country race earlier this year. and there is a harbor freight near my house, i had to go their once to get this crazy drill bit so that i could open up my xbox controller. i think im gonna head out today to grab some bondo and thicker foam. can i get bondo at harbor freight???

They sell Bondo at Harbor Freight but its cheaper to get it at Wal Mart

i tested out some bondo on a scrap piece of armor, and for some reason its pinkish red.
the kind i got is called bondo lightweight body filler.

Just mix up what you can use in a few minutes. I wasted a ton of Bondo learning how to work with it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back