Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 40K Terminator custom build (pic heavy)

40K Terminator custom build (pic heavy)

So guys my Iron Man MK VI suit is taking up too much time and need a faster build for new year so have started a foam terminator suit. Not sure if I will have it done by then but as it means less noise due to minimal power tools needed so I can work at night while the rest of the world sleeps. Here are the images I will be basing the build on. Not doing the weapons or wings yet as my local pub is a bit small and I would just be an inconvenience to everyone. Will have pics of every step for you as I didn't find a great deal on 40K marine/terminator builds. Almost finished the torso templates this evening so when complete will have pics for you tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Last edited by drack; 12-14-2011 at 09:14 AM.

That looks REALLY challenging

Quote Originally Posted by Warpath5150 View Post
    That looks REALLY challenging
    YEAH it does...

I've never played the game, however I know enough to say that you should do the normal basic armor, it would be a TON easier, and take up way less time than that would...but I guess it's your choice...
    Last edited by Shrubpig; 12-12-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    "Caboose, throw that grenade!" *throws grenade, sticks to wall*
    "That was the worst throw ever.....of all time."
    "It wasn't my fault. Someone put a wall in my way."
    XBOX GT: Boat Nectar25

4. Are you going to base your foam off reference pics or do you use pep to help? Because I've found some pretty awesome termie peps on the 405th here, that might help you.

I got all the space marine and terminator PDOs I can find and am using them as references. Have 2 computers with them loaded up on screen so it's all a case of using common sense and a good eye to work out the shapes that need cutting. Only part that is proving a task is the torso but I am almost there. Boots might also be tricky as they involve rounded parts but will see how to tackle the toe part when I get there.

So here are the first of the bits I made yesterday lunch time. Not going to bother including pics of the templates as you can easy see how each bit is done. Would have more done but only had the 4 mats I bought for my iron man build incase I needed them. Ordering a big pack today so hopefully will be able to get all the foam work done at the weekend.

You're off to a great start!
    Loving God and living life...Now let's go make some stuff!!!
    Check out my CQB build here.
    Proud Member of Stony Props!

Thank you man. Here are those bits together. Of course will be making arm holes but want the torso complete first.

I rarely reply to any threads, but i cant find myself leaving this one xD its very clean foamwork, man. Lookin' good so far
    Northstar cosplay, your one stop shop for Power Rangers, Kamen Riders, and everything in between!
    https://www.facebook.com/NorthstarCosplayProps

10. Wow! Impressivily clean cuts! If you don't mind me asking, what do you use to cut your foam with?