Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. phixix's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Messages
    224
    Jan 7, 2012, 12:56 PM - London MCM Expo MAY '12 #1

    Official London MCM Expo May 2012


    Hello there guys and gals, it's that time again!

    First off HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone, hope you had a good one =]
    I know it's a bit early to be re-posting for this expo since it's only January but it was at the request of a few people via Facebook , so here goes!
    Have a look!
    http://www.londonexpo.com/

    Same as it was done last time, if you want to list who you are and where you'll be staying over the weekend.

    Also if your suiting up, throw some pictures or progress of your costume this way so if we spot you at the event, we can say hello!


    Name:
    Days you're going:
    Who you're cosplaying:
    Hotel staying at:

    Many thanks 405th and happy costuming!

    -Phi


  2. New Recruit
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Messages
    24
    Jan 9, 2012, 8:16 PM - #2

    Hopefully this posts (internet here sucks)

    Can't be 100% sure of going at the mo so all this is a hopefully

    Bruce
    Sat and Sun
    Halo Reach ODST and if its done in time Mandalorian mercenary
    Unknown

    Hope to see folks there
  3. New Recruit
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Messages
    2
    Jan 16, 2012, 2:11 PM - #3

    hopefully have my armour finished by then

    will
    sat and sun
    dom santiago Gears
    driving each day
  4. Chiefy117's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Messages
    108
    Jan 18, 2012, 3:55 AM - #4

    Might have my first suit of armour finished by then and it will be my second expo
    hopefully Agent Maine/The META from RvB
  5. New Recruit sgt bash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Messages
    72
    Jan 19, 2012, 1:45 AM - #5

    Yep will be there

    Stu
    Sat & Sun
    Helghast
    Driving
  6. phixix's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Messages
    224
    Jan 19, 2012, 3:54 PM - #6

    Excellent stuff guys! If you've got any progress for your costumes on the go it'd be awesome to see them!

    I know of a few people on the MCM Expo facebook page that are going to May in their Halo suits, do you guys think it would be worth organizing a proper meet-up on a specific day? Or do you prefer to be left to your own devices over the weekend? ^_^

    -Phi
  7. Chiefy117's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Messages
    108
    Jan 19, 2012, 4:33 PM - #7

    When the proper progress starts I will upload images and whatnot and it would be great to meet up with everyone from 405th too, btw i did saw you guys at the expo in october and the costumes were brilliant, i just didnt know it was you guys :')
  8. New Recruit sgt bash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Messages
    72
    Jan 19, 2012, 4:58 PM - #8

    I was there in Oct as Helgast, and my sister really liked my costume so now i'm making another one for her. It would be great to meet up with you all and have a chat and a coffee.
  9. phixix's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Messages
    224
    Jan 19, 2012, 9:01 PM - #9

    ..Coffee..*drool*
  10. Chiefy117's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Messages
    108
    Jan 20, 2012, 12:56 PM - #10

    Woo coffee!
  11. Chiefy117's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Messages
    108
    Jan 21, 2012, 8:06 AM - #11

    Unfortunately my armour has had some delay in the making i dont know how long for but hopefully not too long :/
  12. New Recruit sgt bash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Messages
    72
    Apr 26, 2012, 11:35 AM - #12

    Not long now everyone ready?
  13. New Recruit Delta Halo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Messages
    10
    Apr 28, 2012, 11:03 AM - #13

    I'm new here and I will be at MCM as a Halo 3 Marine I posted a thread a couple of seconds ago. Nice to meet you all
  14. New Recruit sgt bash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Messages
    72
    Apr 28, 2012, 4:49 PM - #14

    Hi Delta i will be in my helghast kit come say hello, but nice and loud as i'm deaf as a post with the helmet on :-)
  15. Afr0Blu3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Messages
    145
    Apr 29, 2012, 8:44 AM - #15

    Usually me and the other half go to MCM Expo, but we're sitting it out this time around. Unlikely we'll be at October's either, but I'm hoping to have a new Mk VI suit ready for May 2013.
  16. New Recruit Chippicous's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Messages
    5
    Apr 29, 2012, 12:22 PM - #16

    Hey Guys,

    I'll be there, because i'm one of the organizers of the events.

    So if there are any things going on during the day let me know, it would be nice to meet some of you, during the day it wont be for very long as i'll have my hands full.

    I'm hoping to have more time in the evening so if there is anything going on of an evening let me know as well.

    I'd welcome any advice and help as i intend to try and make some stuff, so maybe some of the more experienced people might be able to take me under their wing to help me out.

    Cheers
  17. drack's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Messages
    1,276
    Apr 29, 2012, 1:28 PM - #17

    Originally Posted by Chippicous View Post
    Hey Guys,

    I'll be there, because i'm one of the organizers of the events.

    So if there are any things going on during the day let me know, it would be nice to meet some of you, during the day it wont be for very long as i'll have my hands full.

    I'm hoping to have more time in the evening so if there is anything going on of an evening let me know as well.

    I'd welcome any advice and help as i intend to try and make some stuff, so maybe some of the more experienced people might be able to take me under their wing to help me out.

    Cheers

    I am more than happy to help where I can as I am sure every one would. It all depends on what skill set you are looking for. I can assist in foam and basic lighting, check my threads you will see from there. Although am pretty good at learning new things fast so if I don't know something I can learn how so I can help.
  18. New Recruit Chippicous's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Messages
    5
    Apr 30, 2012, 11:32 AM - #18

    Originally Posted by drack View Post
    I am more than happy to help where I can as I am sure every one would. It all depends on what skill set you are looking for. I can assist in foam and basic lighting, check my threads you will see from there. Although am pretty good at learning new things fast so if I don't know something I can learn how so I can help.
    Many thanks, i'm as green as they come, i've ordered some card and i'm going to try and start a small peice this week, just to see if it is something i can do, i would love to be creative i just don't think i have the skills. I have no idea where to start. I'm just going to read a few things and see what to do, i would love to make a helmet just to put on my shelf but i think i'm probably biting off more than i can chew.

    Just looking at your foam thread very cool, would u say its harder to build in foam?
  19. drack's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Messages
    1,276
    May 1, 2012, 1:32 AM - #19

    Originally Posted by Chippicous View Post
    Many thanks, i'm as green as they come, i've ordered some card and i'm going to try and start a small peice this week, just to see if it is something i can do, i would love to be creative i just don't think i have the skills. I have no idea where to start. I'm just going to read a few things and see what to do, i would love to make a helmet just to put on my shelf but i think i'm probably biting off more than i can chew.

    Just looking at your foam thread very cool, would u say its harder to build in foam?
    Personally I found foam much easier, cheaper and faster. I guess not every one finds it as easy to use I have but we all have our strengths and weaknesses.
  20. Afr0Blu3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Messages
    145
    May 3, 2012, 3:26 PM - #20

    Only problem with foam is that it's going to be near impossible to mold and cast, so you can't make replicas and spares from a master. After my first suit broke I'm definitely casting mine next time and making spare parts!
  21. New Recruit Delta Halo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Messages
    10
    May 9, 2012, 5:36 AM - #21

    I will be here October as well here a sneak speak on my progress



    Hope you need a medic :P
  22. New Recruit sgt bash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Messages
    72
    May 23, 2012, 10:57 AM - #22

    Only a few days to go
  23. drack's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Messages
    1,276
    May 24, 2012, 9:14 AM - #23

    Man I wish I was coming!!! If I was I would have my Masterchief ready by now for it. Ah well next year I will be there for sure.
  24. New Recruit
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Messages
    8
    Jun 11, 2012, 9:40 AM - #24

    hey guys so who went to expo ?
    anyone got any pics ? i didnt get many but here are my top 3 xD





  25. New Recruit sgt bash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Messages
    72
    Jun 11, 2012, 2:21 PM - #25

    Good photos
    here is my sister and me

Similar Threads

  1. London MCM Expo OCTOBER 12
    By phixix in forum United Kingdom Regiment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2013, 12:13 PM
  2. Official London Mcm Expo '10 Thread
    By sierra092 in forum United Kingdom Regiment
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Apr 26, 2010, 5:07 PM
  3. London Vgl And Mcm Expo.
    By RedTogusa in forum United Kingdom Regiment
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: Jun 6, 2009, 12:55 PM
  4. MCM Expo London - 24th/25th May
    By JediFraz in forum United Kingdom Regiment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 4, 2009, 1:39 PM

Tags