Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: London MCM Expo MAY '12

Unfortunately my armour has had some delay in the making i dont know how long for but hopefully not too long :/

2. Not long now everyone ready?

I'm new here and I will be at MCM as a Halo 3 Marine I posted a thread a couple of seconds ago. Nice to meet you all

4. Hi Delta i will be in my helghast kit come say hello, but nice and loud as i'm deaf as a post with the helmet on :-)

Usually me and the other half go to MCM Expo, but we're sitting it out this time around. Unlikely we'll be at October's either, but I'm hoping to have a new Mk VI suit ready for May 2013.

Hey Guys,

I'll be there, because i'm one of the organizers of the events.

So if there are any things going on during the day let me know, it would be nice to meet some of you, during the day it wont be for very long as i'll have my hands full.

I'm hoping to have more time in the evening so if there is anything going on of an evening let me know as well.

I'd welcome any advice and help as i intend to try and make some stuff, so maybe some of the more experienced people might be able to take me under their wing to help me out.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Chippicous View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'll be there, because i'm one of the organizers of the events.

So if there are any things going on during the day let me know, it would be nice to meet some of you, during the day it wont be for very long as i'll have my hands full.

I'm hoping to have more time in the evening so if there is anything going on of an evening let me know as well.

I'd welcome any advice and help as i intend to try and make some stuff, so maybe some of the more experienced people might be able to take me under their wing to help me out.

Cheers

I am more than happy to help where I can as I am sure every one would. It all depends on what skill set you are looking for. I can assist in foam and basic lighting, check my threads you will see from there. Although am pretty good at learning new things fast so if I don't know something I can learn how so I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    I am more than happy to help where I can as I am sure every one would. It all depends on what skill set you are looking for. I can assist in foam and basic lighting, check my threads you will see from there. Although am pretty good at learning new things fast so if I don't know something I can learn how so I can help.
    Many thanks, i'm as green as they come, i've ordered some card and i'm going to try and start a small peice this week, just to see if it is something i can do, i would love to be creative i just don't think i have the skills. I have no idea where to start. I'm just going to read a few things and see what to do, i would love to make a helmet just to put on my shelf but i think i'm probably biting off more than i can chew.

Just looking at your foam thread very cool, would u say its harder to build in foam?

Quote Originally Posted by Chippicous View Post
    Many thanks, i'm as green as they come, i've ordered some card and i'm going to try and start a small peice this week, just to see if it is something i can do, i would love to be creative i just don't think i have the skills. I have no idea where to start. I'm just going to read a few things and see what to do, i would love to make a helmet just to put on my shelf but i think i'm probably biting off more than i can chew.

Just looking at your foam thread very cool, would u say its harder to build in foam?
    Personally I found foam much easier, cheaper and faster. I guess not every one finds it as easy to use I have but we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Only problem with foam is that it's going to be near impossible to mold and cast, so you can't make replicas and spares from a master. After my first suit broke I'm definitely casting mine next time and making spare parts!