40k building

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahu653

hey, im going for my two first builds with foam and i am making them scratch builds. i am making a black templar intiate and trying to help my friend make a word bearer for the comicon in calgary. any tips on hardening stuff. i have a power sword on the go with foam and duct tape and am wondering what is a cheap thing to use for hardening. ill get photos up later

some people use white glue mixed with water to seal the foam and to make it a bit sturdier. which is a pretty cheap solution.
resin could also be used on foam, but I would test it on a scrap piece first

good luck with your builds

ok my ipod is working again so i was able to upload. please ctritisize me since this is my first time scratch building and first time with foam
first the power sword
9ff82d5e.jpg

dc306851.jpg

f10e530b.jpg

next up the shoulder
bd151f53.jpg

f219120a.jpg

and the chestpeice which is nearing completion
3c1f80ea.jpg

762d41b3.jpg

i still have alot of work on the chest but the sword and that shoulder is done. i found out that duct tape makes the suit tough enough to resist my sister beating on it but is still comfortable and easy to move in

small update. got the shoulder attached as i finally got more duct tape, i ran out just as i was going to attach it a week ago.
d6bdfb9c.jpg

8f560223.jpg

c3271594.jpg

39193a86.jpg

64c723fe.jpg

im going to move on to the other shoulder and then to the arms. man this is alot more fun then pepping

Nice work on the armour. I love the duct tape. Are you a fan of The Red Green Show by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back