My ODST costume build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODST TJ92

Hi u all! Here is my current project. Full body ODST costume. My opinion is that the ODST helmet and armor looks better than any Spartan helmet or armor (except Hayabusa helmet and armor, lol)

My ODST helmet, 2x shoulder, x2 shoulder base and x2 bicep plate:
9372550.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

9372551.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Resin and my favourite assebly tool: Scotch tape ;):
9372552.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Before I start to resin any of these parts, I will do some tests to see how the resin reacts to the tape. If everythig is good Ill simply keep putting things together with the tape.

Any tips are very wellcome. This is my first attempt ever creating anything with Pepakura and resin etc.

Welcome to the ODSTs! Your pep work is looking good.

From all I hear, resin and tape don't mix well. Try hot glue, super glue or even Elmer's glue. Also, I'm fairly certain that the arm piece (the tube-like ones) are suppose to be made of foam, but I could be wrong.

Looking forward to seeing more work.

I wont be able to make much progress for few days. Today was a busy day and tomorrow is gonna be even busier. Ill do the resin test later this week, hopefully.

Oh wow!

Looking good so far :D

I have no idea how people wait so long before making a WIP thread. I made my Hayabusa one the second the last page finished printing!

Resin test complete - surprising results revealed!

I have now finished my resin test with impressive results. The idea was to get familiar with the resin and to see what will it do to the tape that I use to assemble all parts. So I created a test paper part with all the elements that the actual parts have. It contained a 4X4 cm closed box with taped edges, round thick tube and some other differend sized and shaped paper parts.

My first thoughts when I opened the big jar (shown above on the left) was that the liquid might do some harm to the tape. And it smelled very strong! I put a tiny layer of resin on each part and into their special features and waited till it dried out.

Then I was soooo happy too see that the resin worked very well with the tape! No problem at all! SO NOW I CAN BE SURE THAT I MAY CONTINUE WITH THE TAPE!!! :) :)

I finished the gauntlets a couple days ago. Im actually very pleased to the result. The whole armor is coming slowly but surely piece by piece. :)

003049459012.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I found this pepakura Halo 3 skull:
9459011.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ill post more skull pics as soon as its complitely finished. Hey, it looks like Im gonna have a Haunted ODST helmet!! ;)

The skull is finally done. I had one little setback with hte face piece so I had to do it all over again. But now its finished. All it needs is a layer of resin and paint. Painted pics coming soon.

9479087.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Resin test complete - surprising results revealed!

My first thoughts when I opened the big jar (shown above on the left) was that the liquid might do some harm to the tape. And it smelled very strong! I put a tiny layer of resin on each part and into their special features and waited till it dried out.

Then I was soooo happy too see that the resin worked very well with the tape! No problem at all! SO NOW I CAN BE SURE THAT I MAY CONTINUE WITH THE TAPE!!! :) :)

Your using a respirator arent you? Dont want to take in any of those harmfull fumes. But nice pep work! the skull turned out really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back