Star craft marine ( picture heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akutheblack

this is the log of my first full armor costume that I am building of the star craft terran marine.

mainmodel.jpg

I will update as my build process continues

This may seem like a dumb question, but did you mean to use the Halo low-def Mark VI boots instead of the Terran boots?

Also, I'm amazed at how wide front to back that chest piece is! :eek Going to be interesting moving around in it!

Wow that is dedication right there. That chest piece is HUGE! I'm keeping my eye on this. Fantastic job so far!

This may seem like a dumb question, but did you mean to use the Halo low-def Mark VI boots instead of the Terran boots?

Also, I'm amazed at how wide front to back that chest piece is! :eek Going to be interesting moving around in it!

I am actually using those boots as the base then when I resin and such I will be making the front a round front plate to match the terran boots

updated pictures with the arm gauntlets. currently I am working on the shoulder parts and painting up a pair of ice hockey gloves to go with the suit.

also here is a pic of all the parts I have so far done in the correct positions.. the duct tape thing is the future domed head part just a mock up so far

fullpart1.jpg

I've been considering the SC Marine armor myself. Definitely looking forward to see what you come up with. With all those pieces for the chest it looks daunting to make but still looks pretty damn awesome in that pic of yours. Good luck!

What im most interested in seeing is how your going to be mobile in this? Do you have any ideas for strapping and an undersuit?

WOW! I'm also looking forward to your build. I was thinking of making a marine starcraft as my first build but I changed my mind since its a little complicated for me. Can't wait to see it finished.

What im most interested in seeing is how your going to be mobile in this? Do you have any ideas for strapping and an undersuit?

I actually tried on the parts as is and I am very mobile in it minus a bit of loss in the legs but nothing to great. for strapping i will be using a heavy nylon strap system I worked up..basically almost a suspender system that will hold on my thighs and cod parts to me that will be hidden mostly under the chest parts. everything else mostly is body tight so it will be foam padded with a minor Velcro strapping to give a bit more support. as for an undersuit I got what equates out to a bicyclists compression tight and tights with a build in thing called Evapor that dissipates sweat better and makes me more cooling/insulated. Plus it only costed me $14.95 for the pair due to a nice sale.

added picture of my painted gloves to the secopnd post on the topic. basic hockey gloves painted with 3d fabric paint to make it look plated.

here is what the glove will look like in the arm gauntlet

glovegauntlet.jpg

OMG, it's so big that if you wrapped it in bacon it would be epic!

bacon strips and
bacon strips and
bacon strips and
bacon strips...

but seriously back on topic.... just got a nice suprise in the mail and via a call from my local army surpluss store. I will post picture later of the shoulder suspender system I got designed to hold a tact belt up that Ill use to support some of my parts.

also got in my nerf longshot cs-6 which Ill be in the process of painting up for my terran cannon weapon..

AND FINALLY!!!

one of the 2 shoulders are currently done and the other will be done tonight hopefully so expect a major pic update either tonight or sometime in the am tomorrow.

sorry for the late uploads but life got in the way of me posting them.

updated second post on the 1st page with pics of the shoulders completed. that means only one thing and that means it resin time!!!

mother nature hates me btw so I had to make a hot box in my garage of insulation plastic and afew heaters but it seems to be working quite fine

so I need to post a question to anyone viewing my topic. I have hi a bit of a conundrum and need assistance.. can I use rondo instead of fiberglass cloth on the inside and still get decent strength cause at this point its a bit of a heavy pain to cloth all of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back