Tactonyx Halo Weapons Thread

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Total Downloaded

Tactonyx Halo Weapons Thread

Greetings everyone, I've created this thread so I can post all of my builds in one spot, and so they can all be found in one spot.
    To start out with, all of my builds are built from expanded PVC foamboard and sheet styrene. I usually get them in 1mm, 2mm and 3mm sheets of varying surface areas. I use an exacto knife with a reverse tanto tip or a reverse scalpel to cut the plastic (I prefer slightly dull blades as they are least likely to get stuck in the plastic)
    I use epoxy putty and bondo to do body work and I use liquid super glue to assemble my projects. I also use gel super glue to fill in small dents and holes.
    I use 80 grit sandpaper to work off most of the putty work and 100 grit sandpaper to do all of my regular work, and use 150 grit and 400 grit on moving parts that will be rubbing against another part.
    I will be reserving the first posts so I can upload projects as they come along (and believe me, I have quite a bit of Halo weapons already being worked on) and If you ask a question and I don't respond, that's because the answer is already here in this first thread.
    Contrary to popular belief, I do not have a stash of pep files, these are not made from pep files and I don't use pep files for my guns. Also, I will not share, or sell my weapon blueprints or references. So don't bother asking as you will be ignored.

So to kickstart everything off, I'd like to introduce my M6 Pistol.

Here's the renders of the pistol. My pistol is based heavily on the Halo 2 M6C pistol, though I do take some design elements from the Halo 3 ODST pistol.

My M6 Pistol family so far

M6C

M6C SOCOM

Proto M6G, or D, whichever you prefer.

M6J Carbine

M6K Compact

The pistol features a working trigger with a 3/16 (5mm) travel, a working safety, working slide, friction locked magazine, working Picatinny rails and interchangeable parts to make it into several variants with little modification.
    I do plan on making copies of these so I can make the other variants so I may do a run of them here very shortly.
    If you want to see more images of my Pistol, you can visit my website here:http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/2010/10...m6-pistol.html
    Last edited by Tactonyx; Nov 11, 2012 at 5:36 PM.

Total Downloaded
    Here's my personal favorite, the M7 smg

M7 renders

M7 Exploded

Cross section of the stock

M7 Vanilla

M7S

Demonstration of the foregrip locking mechanism in action

And yes, I like my builds to be very technical and detailed.

The M7 smg features a rotating foregrip that can lock, a detachable barrel shroud, detachable silencer, extending locking stock, working trigger, detachable friction locked magazine, detachable reflex sight and a reciprocating bolt that can be locked back.
    If you want to see more images of my Pistol, you can visit my website here: http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/2010/10...chine-gun.html
    Last edited by Tactonyx; Jan 20, 2012 at 4:49 PM.

Total Downloaded
    I think was a pretty cool rifle, one of the exceptionally few weapons that I actually liked out of Halo: Reach.

M392 Designated Marksman Rifle Render

100% completed DMR, donated to the late Mathiue LaCombe (Credit goes to Brandon McClain for molding this bad boy)

M392 DMR Exploded View

M392 DMR

The M392 DMR features a working safety, working trigger, working charging handle, detachable friction locked magazine, working weaver style rails, folding front sight post and detachable scope.
    You can find more pics of my DMR here: http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/2010/11...man-rifle.html
    Last edited by Tactonyx; Jan 20, 2012 at 5:13 PM.

Total Downloaded
    I've decided that the "BMR" was just too ugly and decided to build the BR55. I've changed some of the designs around so it had compatible parts with the MA5 assault rifle.

Last edited by Tactonyx; Sep 30, 2012 at 1:06 AM.

Total Downloaded
    M90 Mk.2 CAWS

When I first played Halo, I never read the instruction manual, I just popped the game in and started playing. The shotgun came as a complete surprise when I picked it up in the swamp, but it was an awesome surprise.

Render

Left side of shotgun

Right side of shotgun

Bolt and Barrel

Working pump action

Iron sights

Magazine, showing two 8 gauge shells

Pump all the way back

"Weapon System Technologies"

Buttstock

The shotgun has a working trigger and a moving pump action, bolt and elevator. When the pump action is pulled all of the way back, the elevator will move downwards to simulate feeding a round. The elevator will also move in simulation of loading shells.
    Last edited by Tactonyx; Sep 24, 2012 at 6:09 PM.

Total Downloaded
    Here's my take on the MA5 rifles. In here I have the MA5G (Grenadier) the Halo 4 version of the MA5D and the MA5K. My MA5G has a grenade launcher instead of a flashlight.

Last edited by Tactonyx; Sep 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM.

Total Downloaded
    Here's the neglected M247 GPMG. To me, I always saw the M247 as the big brother of the MA5 assault rifle

Last edited by Tactonyx; Sep 30, 2012 at 1:03 AM.

Total Downloaded
    Of all of the SRS99's my personal favorite was the Halo 2 sniper. It looks to more like a anti material rifle than any of the others. On a side note, the rifle is about five and a half feet long (1650mm) I've noticed a lot of people used a .50 BMG for thier sniper rifle builds, I built my own 14.5mm round to make it look and feel like a AMR, plus the 14.5mm is way bigger than a .50 and in real world ballistics the 14.5mm is twice as powerful. The sabot based off the Steyr 15.2mm AMR round.

SRS99C-S2AMB Render

About 75% of the gun so far.

The SRS99 witha M6 pistol

Yeah, this thing is so big it wouldn't fit on my "blue" table for pictures.
    Last edited by Tactonyx; Jan 30, 2012 at 12:00 PM.

Total Downloaded
    Yeah I know I'm hogging all the first 15 posts, but I would like to have all of my Halo stuff in one place. Mind the mess

Total Downloaded
    Reserved for another weapon

Total Downloaded
    I'm saving all of these posts for future Halo 4 weapons (Such as the grenade launcher found in the trailer)
    Last edited by Tactonyx; Jan 20, 2012 at 5:53 PM.

Total Downloaded
    Just a few more posts to go...

Total Downloaded
    This is post #13, so we're almost there.

Total Downloaded
    I think I'll stop at #14, where the Machete, knives and grenades might go.
    Sorry for the inconvience, but as the year goes by the posts will start filling up with cool pics of my collection of guns.
    Feel free to comment. Thanks.

Total Downloaded
    This is absolutely astonishing! Amazing work Tactonyx! I cant wait to see more of this!

Total Downloaded
    Your work never ceases to amaze. Blows me away every time I see it, great work again sir!!

-Matt

They already said it. Fantastic work!!

New Recruit
    Total Downloaded
    y man cud u email me cuz i cant reply to u on here ur inbox is full here is my email transformer9580@yahoo.com so we can talk about wat we were talkin about thanks.

Total Downloaded
    hey I'm sure you get this a lot, how much would these bad boys cost, each? and what materials are you using? email me, dr_jekal_hide01@yahoo.com

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by tac2002 View Post
    hey I'm sure you get this a lot, how much would these bad boys cost, each? and what materials are you using? email me, dr_jekal_hide01@yahoo.com
    Cant help you on the price, but this was in his first post: "To start out with, all of my builds are built from expanded PVC foamboard and sheet styrene. I usually get them in 1mm, 2mm and 3mm sheets of varying surface areas.
    I use epoxy putty and bondo to do body work and I use liquid super glue to assemble the entire projects. I also use brush on superglue for superficial chattering and seams and I use gel super glue to fill in small dents and holes.
    I use 80 grit sandpaper to work off most of the putty work and 100 grit sandpaper to do all of my regular work, and use 150 grit and 400 grit on parts that are supposed to look like metal."

Total Downloaded
    I apologize to everyone that tried to PM, I didn't realize my inbox was full. It's cleaned out now so feel free to PM me. Thanks.

I really envy your skills on building weapons my man. THey are super technical and I just love seeing your stuff. Keep up the fantastic builds!!

Tony

Total Downloaded
    Really clean and simply awesome weapons! Great job!

Glad to see you are still at it Ben! Stoked to see your new work!

Total Downloaded
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the comments.
    I've added pics of my sniper rifle, you'll find them on the first page.