Tactonyx Halo Weapons Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have to hardened this material, only reinforce it. These are quite sturdy, and are easily movable once all of the sockets and locks are built. The sniper rifle has a horizontal locking system where the barrel holds the entire gun together, removing the barrel will completely disassemble the entire gun into major components. Most of my models can do this (Except the M7 SMG)

It seems like a legitimate alternative to wood or cardboard. Great work again, and hopefully I can get around to doing something a fraction as good as yours with it.

I can safely say that the M7 is easily the hardest model I've ever built. It's also the hardest one I ever mold and casted. It is incredibly hard to demold this thing, but the trade off is the full blown detailed awesomeness. Had to use some madz skillz with molding to get these parts to turn out right. You guy's wouldn't believe the buttstock mold I made. Heres an exact, if not rough, copy of my M7 smg:
Da+Guns+010.JPG

Vanilla M7 smg

Da+Guns+011.JPG

Da+Guns+014.JPG

Da+Guns+015.JPG

Tac-out M7, featuring movable buttstock, detachable magazine and a scope that miraculously came out of the mold in one peice. Check out my M6K right above it.

Da+Guns+012.JPG

Da+Guns+013.JPG

Reciprocating charging handle. Have to HK slap this beast!

Thanks for looking, feel free to comment

OHhhhhhh dang! You suck man, I'm gonna go to the poor house because of you. It's too bad about the suppressor.

Will the magazine be magnetized, or just friction locked? And is the locking mechanics for the stock still going to work?

Amazing work, that's a great cast.

All mechanics still work. But whereas this is resin, I don't know how strong they'll be. As for the suppressor, I'm sure there is a way to correct this, maybe building up the inside of the adapter to force the sound suppressor up? I'll have to tinker with it, but I'm not going to remold that part. NO WAY. That one was a tricky one, but nowhere near as hard as the feed tray. Speaking of which, the magazine is friction locked.

It looks great Ben. I'm sure you can come up with something to fix the suppressor. I like the Tac-out version myself.:D

Thanks everyone.
These have been a WIP for far to long. I'm going to try to get this, and my pistols painted here within the next week or so and end the madness.

Edit: I have the smg in the classifieds for anyone interested in getting one.

I think I want one or seven. Those look great! I want to see how that M6K turns out, it was shaping up pretty nicely last we saw it!

Posting pics like that is going to make me add one of your sweet magnums to my growing collection!

Looks awesome!

Got a question for you about your SMGs. When the butt-stock is fully extended, how sturdy is it? I was looking at your pics, it it doesn't look like there is very much overlap from the butt and on the "rail/tube".

From what I've observed lately, the buttstock varies from model to model (Of course I only have 5 smg's made so far) On a couple, the mechanism is really stiff and it's hard to deploy, and on the others the stock is loose and wobbly, but much easier to deploy (Which is what I would prefer) There is 1 inch (25mm) of buttstock around the buffer tube, but the stock is still wobbly. But not wobbly enough to make the stock skew or anything. The hardest part of my smg to put together is the buttstock, and a lot of care is needed when assembling, otherwise your stock and buttons will stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back