Tactonyx Halo Weapons Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone,
Half of the parts move on the AR2, and it's been setup to where I can mount electronics on it later.
I have no plans to make the railgun, but I know Kill Kill Kill has a beastly one.

For some weird reason, I thought I posted pics of my finished sniper rifle, which apparently I didn't. So here are some pics of my sniper rifle:

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Fun in the Living Room

SAM_0409.JPG

Business end

SAM_0412.JPG

Sniper Rifle at 10,000 feet

I'll have updates on the BR55 and MA5D/G this weekend.

Thanks everyone, I'm working on more videos, just having a little trouble trying to figure out a certain special effect for one of my guns.
I'll Also have an update on the BR55 and MA5 rifles here shortly, but I wanted to share a pic of my AR2 Pulse Rifle, the crown jewel to my collection, enjoy:

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Very impressive (as always)!!

So what makes this a favorite for you? Also, is this the master or did you end of casting this in plastic? If not is it made of wood?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone.

@Tk 3350
The Pulse rifle has moving parts. It's been setup to be rigged with electronics and a motor for the striker.

@Viper
I currently don't have any plans for the railgun.

@Revenant
The AR2 is my favorite cause it's big, loud and vaporizes stuff. And is one of the incredibly few "extra terrestrial" weapons that are cool. There are no copies of the AR2 and it's made entirely from plastic.

Ok, I kept saying I was going to post pics of the MA5D and BR55 for the last month, but it never happened. We'll I'm now, for real, going to post pics of the BR55, I'll get the MA5D later.
Anyways, here's the BR55 rifle.

Da+Guns+012.JPG

Size comparison with the DMR

Da+Guns+014.JPG

Da+Guns+013.JPG

Completed scope, as seen on my M7 smg in the video

Da+Guns+015.JPG

BR55 rifle, thus far.

I've had a lot of questions lately about building my models from pepakura files. I would like to remind everyone again that I do not use, nor do I work with pep files, or paper products. And I really can't provide comprehensive help for pep files and such either, since I don't work with it.

Anyway's thanks for taking the time to look at my Battle Rifle

Looking AMAZING as ever! Can't wait to see the BR55 done! Btw. I'm picking up my parcel from you tomorrow! Mind if I upload a pic here once done? Can't wait to get my hands on them!

Thanx a bunch Tactonyx. You own!

I'd sell my first born for one of your props Tactonyx! (not really, but really do want :))

Awesome job as per usual. Do you primarily use foam board then create a mold for plastic kits? The foam board definitely seems to provide a cleaner, sharper and more detailed prop.

I have no idea how I missed this thread but let me just echo everyone else and say your work is fantastic. Everything from the conceptualization to the finished product is spot on. It is great to see a full UNSC armory put together like this. Really cool to see all the weapons in a family brought to life.

Thanks everyone,
@TK-3350: Of course, I like to see what people can do with my stuff.
@Morphine: Yes. The PVC foamboard is fairly easy to use, kinda like working with wood, except no grain or wood glue to mess with. The material is expensive, but you can usually churn out higher quality models with it.

Quick update, here's my completed Battle Rifle, I'll be adding more pics later tonight or over the weekend.

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Thanks Everyone,
@Kieth: For me, working with PVC is very easy, for other people, it's very hard or impossible to work with. This is like sculpting, in matter of fact in many ways it is sculpting. And like all sculpting, it takes a while to get good at it.

Here are some more pics of my Battle Rifle:
Da+Guns+013.JPG

Da+Guns+008.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Three prong flash hider and gas block

Da+Guns+006.JPG

Open vent heat shield

Da+Guns+009.JPG

Ejection Port

Da+Guns+010.JPG

detachable magazine with 9.5mm rounds

Da+Guns+011.JPG

Butt end of rifle

Da+Guns+012.JPG

Safety "Off" fire selector set on "Burst" bolt closed

Da+Guns+013.JPG

Safety "On" fire selector set on "Single" bolt locked open

Da+Guns+014.JPG

Battle Rifle Disassembled

The Battle Rifle will be offered for sale, and it's being molded as we speak. If you guys have any questions or comments, feel free to post them.
Thanks for looking at my stuff.

man it would be great to see that in a short film like someone field sripping it in the background.

Hey Tactonyx this is a good looking BR man, would you send a PM on the price of this monster.

Thanks everyone,
As for the BR55, I coudn't get enough interest to mold it, so I finished it and moved it into storage. I'll get pictures of it up here in the next week or so.

Here's my new completed BR85, that I've been building in secret. Check it out:
Da+Guns+015.JPG

Da+Guns+018.JPG

Da+Guns+025.JPG

Da+Guns+040.JPG

You can find more pics of it on my website: http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/2011/06/reserve-11.html

Sadly this was a commission, so I won't be able to make copies and sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back