KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
i imagine you havent done any strapping yet for the thigh pieces to hold them from sliding...just wondering if you plan on perhaps putting snaps on them to attach directly to the undersuit? or if that could even conceivably hold the weight of the piece.

PS:great to see an update again...we missed you 8)

I managed to get some build time in today (hooray), which means... UPDATE TIME! :)

Nothing major, but I got the other thigh foam bits together and added the bevel to the front notch on the first thigh. I just flipped the original template over to mirror the pattern from the first thigh. They're still missing the seals, but here's what it looks like together:

ThreeView_00.jpg

Both thighs have the easy release snap so they can be put on/removed without having to slide over my feet :). That's all for now!

-----
Next up: I shall tackle those thigh seals![/QUOTE]

LIL!!!!
Freakin' crazy good!

You Get... Sauced!!
AwesomeSaucecopy.jpg

You now have the official "Awesome Sauce" seal of approval!

Last edited by a moderator:
-----

I managed to get some build time in today (hooray), which means... UPDATE TIME! :)

Nothing major, but I got the other thigh foam bits together and added the bevel to the front notch on the first thigh. I just flipped the original template over to mirror the pattern from the first thigh. They're still missing the seals, but here's what it looks like together:

ThreeView_00.jpg

Both thighs have the easy release snap so they can be put on/removed without having to slide over my feet :). That's all for now!

-----
Next up: I shall tackle those thigh seals!

Wow...just wow! Your armor is REALLY coming along, Girl!

Can't wait to see what you show us next update!

I can't wait to see it all together and the under armor finished up, your doing an amazing job, now its making me want to do a new foam suit and I may borrow some of your ideas ;) except for the sewing part, I wouldn't have a clue where to start

Hmmm Im just looking at this build and marveling at your handiwork. I can't help but wonder what you will end up doing in the way of paint. I know its far off but I was just wondering if you were going to go with a weathered or not weathered look. Will it look BRAND SPANKING NEW off the line? Or has it seen a few battles? Do you intend to mimic the video game look? :D thanks again for sharing your work.

Thanks everyone :)

-----

The multi-quote button isn't working for me right now for some reason...so I'll just have to do this...

@ Nhat Phan, CrazedOne, plasauce, ACDC, and Thorn:
Thanks guys. The comments make me smile :)

@ Dhamone:
I haven't done any thigh strapping yet, but I do intend to strap them directly to the undersuit. The foam hardly weighs anything at all, so I'm hoping it'll work...we'll see!

@ SkullBoy:
Ah, yes...the sweating issue. I'm planning on re-doing the shorts to remedy the problem, but I know the suit in general is going to be quite toasty.

@ Cereal:
Hahaha, thanks Dave. That looks like some spicy sauce!

@ Hyper:
Thanks, glad to provide some motivation and ideas. I've totally pulled inspiration from your foam build :). And you could always take a sewing class...:p

Axel:
:) Ahhh, can't wait to get to paint...but yes, it is a long way off. I'm planning on doing a weathered look like the in-game. I personally like the battle damage look, and since I'll be doing the robot arm version of Kat I think it will look weird if she's missing an arm but is wearing perfect armor, lol.

-----

I should have another update this weekend, but until then...keep buildin' guys :)

OMG, that looks so awesome, we aren't worthy! we aren't worthy! keep up the great work. this is going elite for sure when it's finished.

I have put off posting here because I wanted to focus on my own build more, but I must say that your under suit design is very impressive and your armor looks wonderful as well. Keep up the work.

Thanks everyone :)

-----

Still having issues with the multi-quote button...so...

Mstruvmgc:
Thanks, glad you like it!

DagothDraal:
:) Can't leave out the lady Spartan hips!

Cinderblock:
:D Thanks! Party on, Cinder :p

Shadowind:
:) :)

-----

Oke, doke...down to business...it's Update Time on the leg seal:

First, I started with the same method I used for the thigh armor and sketched out a rough pattern on newsprint taped to my leg:
Post_Sketch1_00.jpg

Then cleaned it up (and cut it apart, making sure to add seam allowance):
Post_Sketch2_00.jpg

...to make the first leg seal:
PostThreeView_00.jpg

Like the arm and neck seals, the leg seal is velcroed into place so that it is easily removable for painting.

I'm also still using the same Marine Vinyl that was used for the the arm and neck seals...and I must note: if you plan on using Marine Vinyl on a regular sewing machine, it definitely will require you to muscle through the thicker overlaps of material. Some of the layers on this seal required quite a bit of effort to push through the machine!

Hopefully the other one will go a bit quicker and easier...

-----
'Til next time, keep building guys! :)

Your updates and others as well, make life bearable while I work my shift on the oil rigs. I just wish I had more time in between shifts to work on my peps. I am a little green with jealously. You ma'm have set the bar quite high that many people will try to surpass, but I secretly hope they dont .

geeze, this build never seems to fail in the amazement factor area. haha. that is the great thing about making two of something, the second one usually takes like half the time the first one did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back