KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
In..frickin..sane lil!!! I don't know how you do it. I really don't, I wish I did, but I don't. Absolutely phenomenal!!!:D

I can only echo the comments of the many others so far. Yet again you have done some amazing work. Piece by piece you keep creating amazing details and bringing them together into one fantastic build. Like Thorn, I'll be around to the end of this one! Keep up the work and don't worry when life takes priority. We've all been there and are still there, so take your time and keep building at this amazing skill level.

Having said that, if you get an opportunity with one of the upcoming pieces I'd be really interested to see a few detail pics of how you cover the gray foam with the white. I'm very impressed with how smooth the finished look is and the apparent lack of air bubbles. Are you hot gluing it down?

WOW. just WOW.

That robot arm pretty much is the best I've ever seen!

Quick question, what are planning for the helmet, Foam or Resin/Fiberglass?

fe_pinkie-pie_rarity_animated_reaction-image_putting-your-hoof-down_jaw-drop_it-quo-s-beautiful_.gif

Upon seeing your robot arm, i burst out laughing, "No way! No freaking way!"
Awesomesauce, girlie! I can't believe it.

that arm is redicccccc!
ive been working on mine for a while and its crap compared to yours! Your work is unbelievable.

Amazing!!! Outstanding!!!! Fantistic!!!! Magnifico!!!!

INCREDIBLE build progress as usual ma'am. Keep up the good work. You and RoxyRoo inspired me to get back into armor building!!

Will subscribe after I pick my jaw up off the floor. I think you've convinced me that the foamies on top of the EVA is the way to go. Not to mention having an awesome undersuit, though it'll take some serious planning and practice to match your quality. 10/10, would read entire thread start to finish again.

Cheers

as always you never dissappoint lil.
ive always questioned...how is she gonna pull the arm off. and you nailed it.
..not sure what you have left to build anymore...think it was the helmet and do you still need to do the left arm pieces? hmm i may just have to re-read the entire post to find out...ahh well least it will be an uber awesome read ;)

doh my god.

How...what...I dont even.. okay pretty much as everyone else said, that is one of the COOLEST things I've ever seen on the forums. SO AWESOME.

OK... I've been away and quite busy with the upcoming move but, obviously you've been somewhat busy yourself Lil!
The robotic are is nothing short of stunning. (No shock there)
Truly the cleanest and most elegant foam work I've seen to date!
If your profession is not somehow entangled with props and costumes building... it may be time for a career change!
Time and dedication such as what you put forth is gleamingly evedent in the quality of workmanship you so generously share with us all.

You are a privilage to watch, and I can always rely on your work to put a smile on my face!
Thank you,
Dave/Cereal.

Wow guys!!! Thank you all for the awesome comments! You are all too crazy nice with the things you say :D

-----
RSpartain7, Spartan_127, Brandon McClain, PigBenis, R8b, xXbrentmbXx, nessorwar, Dbmike, Xtremenoob, CrazedOne1988, Dh748, DagothDraal, LNB AKA Killer 7, mkshane81, dannny, plasauce
Thank you all very much for the support. It is always appreciated.

It's...so..beautiful! Badass job as always, girl! Can't wait for your next update!
Thank you ACDC! I’ll try to keep the updates coming as quickly as I can.

I second Pony. THAT'S SO AWESOME!
Mine is completely nothing compared to yours! As I said! Mine is nothing compared to yours! I might just have to rebuild mine :p
Oh yeah! What did you use for your hinges?
Thank you, but don’t put yourself down! It’s always easier to find flaws in our own work than in someone elses! For each side of the hinge, I used a ½” button head cap screw, 2 fender washers (to act as a bearing surface and keep the screw from pulling through the foam), and a nylon lock nut (to help prevent the nut from unscrewing as the hinge moves).

When I saw you posting in a few other threads I started to suspect that an update might be coming, so I stayed up a little longer - and it was totally worth it :)
No need for any disclaimers though, this is a pretty convincing robotic arm!
Well, then you're far better at cutting it than I am...
Haha, you’ve discovered my habits! And as for the cutting, if scissors work better for you then by all means use them! For the X-Acto work I just try to cut in a smooth, continuous line if possible.

I am in total aww as well. By far the robotic arm is totally Leet worthy by itself. U Never cease to amaze girlie!!!
Grins. Thank you mustang!

You truly don't cease to amaze. That looks awesome. If only you could bottle up what's on your brain and share it with the rest of us so we could make some leet gear too.
Aw, thanks Racca. I try to share as much as I can! If only there were more hours in the day…

Wow you have made the best take on Kats Robotic arm I have seen so far, Excellent Job, now I don't even want to show my latest foam build, it doesn't even come close to yours LoL
Thanks Hyper! But I swear, you guys need to stop bashing yourselves! I super dig your foam Reach build. Everyone has a different way of approaching things and I definitely was able to learn a thing or two from your build…so never stop sharing!

Sweet Perfection. You're build is/will be the reference pic's for all Reach builds to come. You're latest just re-enforces that.:cool
PS. Now that I'm done with mine, I have more time to watch awesome build like you'res so I'll be here with you to the finish. :D
Thanks thorn, you are always way too kind! And I can’t wait to see your next build!

In..frickin..sane lil!!! I don't know how you do it. I really don't, I wish I did, but I don't. Absolutely phenomenal!!!:D
Thank you vshore! Hopefully I can find some time for a tutorial soon so that I can at least kind of try to explain!

I can only echo the comments of the many others so far. Yet again you have done some amazing work. Piece by piece you keep creating amazing details and bringing them together into one fantastic build. Like Thorn, I'll be around to the end of this one! Keep up the work and don't worry when life takes priority. We've all been there and are still there, so take your time and keep building at this amazing skill level.

Having said that, if you get an opportunity with one of the upcoming pieces I'd be really interested to see a few detail pics of how you cover the gray foam with the white. I'm very impressed with how smooth the finished look is and the apparent lack of air bubbles. Are you hot gluing it down?
Thank you Starvinartist :). The way I cover the gray foam with the white is pretty simple: Super 77 (aka spray mount). It gives you a nice, even coat of adhesive.

WOW. just WOW.
That robot arm pretty much is the best I've ever seen!
Quick question, what are planning for the helmet, Foam or Resin/Fiberglass?
Thanks! And the helmet will be foam!

Upon seeing your robot arm, i burst out laughing, "No way! No freaking way!"
Awesomesauce, girlie! I can't believe it.
Hehehe, thank you :D :D

Will subscribe after I pick my jaw up off the floor. I think you've convinced me that the foamies on top of the EVA is the way to go. Not to mention having an awesome undersuit, though it'll take some serious planning and practice to match your quality. 10/10, would read entire thread start to finish again.
Cheers
Thanks caboose! I’m glad you find the thread helpful!

as always you never dissappoint lil.
ive always questioned...how is she gonna pull the arm off. and you nailed it.
..not sure what you have left to build anymore...think it was the helmet and do you still need to do the left arm pieces? hmm i may just have to re-read the entire post to find out...ahh well least it will be an uber awesome read ;)
Thank you Dhamone, I’m glad you think it works well! I too was always questioning how I would pull the arm off, lol. And I’m getting pretty close to wrapped up…but at the same time I feel like there is a lot. I still have to finish up the right arm/shoulder/hand, then do the left arm, the helmet, tactical case, ankle seals, strapping…and paint (which should be a big project)…

doh my god.
How...what...I dont even.. okay pretty much as everyone else said, that is one of the COOLEST things I've ever seen on the forums. SO AWESOME.
:D Thank you , thank you Anna!

OK... I've been away and quite busy with the upcoming move but, obviously you've been somewhat busy yourself Lil!
The robotic are is nothing short of stunning. (No shock there)
Truly the cleanest and most elegant foam work I've seen to date!
If your profession is not somehow entangled with props and costumes building... it may be time for a career change!
Time and dedication such as what you put forth is gleamingly evedent in the quality of workmanship you so generously share with us all.

You are a privilage to watch, and I can always rely on your work to put a smile on my face!
Thank you,
Dave/Cereal.
Aw, thank you so much Dave, it really means a lot. Your comments always make me smile! Your work inspires so many, so I am more than happy to help return the favor in some small way!
Hahaha and no, my profession doesn’t exactly involve props or costume making… but I do work in a creative industry where I spend a fair share of time in a model shop so it is somewhat related! :p

-----
Ok guys, hopefully I can get to another update for you this weekend. But until then, keep buildin' as always :D

Last edited by a moderator:
What can i say that hasn't been said...
so i will just stare and not say a damn thing lol
Great job as usual hon. I look forward to seeing what is to come

I have been viewing you build from time to time now and its getting more and more impressive. I'm really amazed by your skills, Hands down!!
Just dropped my jaw and lost it....

in my language: Ninduta ana oi! maka buang man na!!
Translation: That's so awesome!!! im going crazy about that!!!!
hehe.

i have no words im so excited to start working on my version of Kat, i swear your thread is like a tv episode! your doing great keep it up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back