KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update Time! :)

-----

I've been working away at the chest piece and have it about 50%-ish done (if you don't count the ab plate or spine :p). I was hoping to have it closer to wrapped up by the end of the weekend, but it has stubbornly decided to take longer.

The front section is based roughly on the previously mentioned file I used for the size study, but the rear pieces didn't feel very foam friendly so I decided to do the back from scratch. I know it's not 100% accurate, but I'm ok with that :). I still have layering details to add to the back, then I can make the connection pieces and add in the neck and arm seals.

Here's what I've got so far:

View attachment 156755

I'm using a few different thicknesses of foam: the usual 1/2" foam floor mats (grey), 1/4" craft foam (white), and 2mm craft foam (also white). I've just been using an x-acto to cut the foam, which seams to work ok as long as I don't let the blade get too dull.

-----

Hopefully next weekend I'll have the chest together :)
I know it’s been forever since this was posted but seeing your build here and seeing the armor in person at SDCC were two different things! Absolutely blown away(still) by how clean your lines are! I still can’t get my head around how people cut angles on armor so clean to match like on your torso

-- I'm just astounded.

"I'm also dying to make something but i've been deprived of will and want from at least nine years of pushing to make life better.
Worth it yes, results not so much for my end but I gotta be strong to make my doggo happy which gets my mind on some personal projects to ponder on again some more."
"
Even though I have nothing to create with I can at least keep moving forward unto dawn before I fall of reach to my short lived creative flares."
-- I should be speechless about this armor, but I still have to say you've done an excellent job with your fruits of labor you've inspired me.

"So Keep going Spartan!"

Saw this build ages ago and just wanted to say you're an inspiration. I was building my kat cosplay and struggle on some parts because of having to use photos of kat (many that aren't the best quality) and found your build and its was such a help. You're amazing!!!

Saw this build ages ago and just wanted to say you're an inspiration. I was building my kat cosplay and struggle on some parts because of having to use photos of kat (many that aren't the best quality) and found your build and its was such a help. You're amazing!!

I got much of my inspiration from LilTyrant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back