Subscribe
  1. 405th Pacific Regiment Member Spacemeat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Messages
    255
    Sep 20, 2012, 3:16 AM - #526

    Great to see it all coming together, certainly one of the best suits I've ever seen. In fact, the topic of your totally awesome build came up this past weekend at comikaze :P
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. 405th Mountain Regiment Member Mstruvmgc's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    2,090
    Mstruvmgc's Xbox Gamertag Mstruvmgc
    Sep 20, 2012, 6:18 AM - #527

    *whistles slowly* this is coming together so beautifully! Great job hon :-)
  4. Annanymous's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Messages
    622
    Blog Entries
    6
    Sep 20, 2012, 10:03 AM - #528

    wow hnng. How could that possibly disappoint?! ITS AWESOME.
  5. 405th Mountain Regiment Member CrazedOne1988's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Messages
    130
    Sep 20, 2012, 10:28 AM - #529



    That. Is. Awesome.
  6. masterchief2323's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Messages
    45
    Sep 20, 2012, 11:13 AM - #530

    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmn, a truly epic build, you should be working for blue realm studios or as a big shot movie wardrobe designer raking in the dough!
  7. 405th Midwest Regiment Member ViperB77's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Messages
    301
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sep 20, 2012, 11:32 AM - #531

    My ... that is... Sexy. I'm impressed! I'm trying to use Halogoddess' female armor pep, and since you're trying to make a good "underarmor", would you suggest that I look into something of the sort for her?
  8. Snail3Productions's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    68
    Sep 20, 2012, 12:17 PM - #532

    Basically this is possibly the best build I have ever seen on this forum! TEACH ME!
  9. rainbow dash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Messages
    542
    Sep 20, 2012, 12:22 PM - #533

    well, nothing disappointing here.

    Last edited by rainbow dash; Sep 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM.
  10. New Recruit
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Messages
    9
    Sep 20, 2012, 12:57 PM - #534

    Nice design, great work !!! I can't wait to see the helmet
  11. 405th Southern Regiment Member vshore100's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Messages
    1,745
    vshore100's Xbox Gamertag Vshore100
    Sep 20, 2012, 1:11 PM - #535

    Holy Moses this is CRAAZZZZYYYYY!!! You have got to stop putting the whole armor on every time to take a pic. Each time you add a piece it gets more and more insane and I don't know if I can take much more! No joke, this is the best foam build out there right now I believe. It's flat out epic!
  12. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Messages
    284
    Sep 20, 2012, 5:33 PM - #536

    My mind can not comprehend the coolness of this.
  13. Skullptura's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    448
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sep 20, 2012, 6:03 PM - #537

    *headsplosion*
  14. 405th Midwest Regiment Member ColFork85's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    184
    Blog Entries
    1
    ColFork85's Xbox Gamertag ColFork
    Sep 20, 2012, 6:12 PM - #538

    Fantastic work! I've showed this thread to some of my friends and they're really impressed by the quality. I only wish I had the knowhow/skill to do such fantastic work and attention to detail.
  15. 405th Midwest Regiment Member thorn696's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Messages
    2,938
    Sep 21, 2012, 6:41 AM - #539

    BAM!!!! and that's how you do that.

    As this "EPIC WORK OF ART" nears it's finish. The rest of unbelievers will just have to get down on there knees...Pick up their jaws... And admit that you now have the Top Build this year. No one is even close to doing a foam build of this caliber, Nerveless any other type build.

    It's all you LilTyrant, Now dazzle us with you're next piece of Art. Not that I'm rushing you it's that I just can't wait to show everyone how it's supposed to look.
  16. VividT E X's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Messages
    36
    Sep 21, 2012, 7:05 PM - #540

    What could I ever say more than what Thorn just said xD ... Well miss If I had to say something ... it would deffinatly be that your build, and I know it's every one dream somehow ... look even more close to a real spartan 3 mjolnir armor, thant what weta's achieved with 8000 % more technology and ressources you've ever had troughout this entire project xD.... And that also mean that your craftmanship overpass what a crew a specialized craftman can do all together xD How about that .. ( but it's all acording to me ) any way... consuming myself just by thinking of the upcomming helmet !!! :O
  17. 405th Colonial Regiment Member
    405th Pacific Regiment Member
    LilTyrant's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Messages
    241
    Sep 23, 2012, 10:34 PM - #541

    Thank you all for continuing to check out the build!

    -----
    @Spartan_127, Ninjetsu NL, Mstruvmgc, Annanymous, CrazedOne1988, rainbow dash, nessorwar, vargatom, Skullptura, ColFork85: Thank you all for the awesome comments!

    Originally Posted by ACDCrockr209 View Post
    Words alone can't describe the awesomeness of your update, girl! You're so close to the finishing your armor!
    Thank you! Sooo close...I can't wait to paint!

    Originally Posted by Spacemeat View Post
    Great to see it all coming together, certainly one of the best suits I've ever seen. In fact, the topic of your totally awesome build came up this past weekend at comikaze
    Thank you Spacemeat it means a lot! I really like how your build came out, too!

    Originally Posted by masterchief2323 View Post
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmn, a truly epic build, you should be working for blue realm studios or as a big shot movie wardrobe designer raking in the dough!
    Lol, thank you! I don't know about it being that good but I do appreciate it!

    Originally Posted by ViperB77 View Post
    My ... that is... Sexy. I'm impressed! I'm trying to use Halogoddess' female armor pep, and since you're trying to make a good "underarmor", would you suggest that I look into something of the sort for her?
    Thanks! I think that the undersuit is definitely an important component. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking though...are you thinking about making an undersuit?

    Originally Posted by Snail3Productions View Post
    Basically this is possibly the best build I have ever seen on this forum! TEACH ME!
    Aw, thanks!

    Originally Posted by vshore100 View Post
    Holy Moses this is CRAAZZZZYYYYY!!! You have got to stop putting the whole armor on every time to take a pic. Each time you add a piece it gets more and more insane and I don't know if I can take much more! No joke, this is the best foam build out there right now I believe. It's flat out epic!
    Hahaha, thank you vshore! I'm super digging what you've got going on with your build now

    Originally Posted by thorn696 View Post
    BAM!!!! and that's how you do that.

    As this "EPIC WORK OF ART" nears it's finish. The rest of unbelievers will just have to get down on there knees...Pick up their jaws... And admit that you now have the Top Build this year. No one is even close to doing a foam build of this caliber, Nerveless any other type build.

    It's all you LilTyrant, Now dazzle us with you're next piece of Art. Not that I'm rushing you it's that I just can't wait to show everyone how it's supposed to look.
    Thank you thorn!! Now the pressure is really on! And I don't know about Top Build...there are a ton of impressive builds out there, including yours!

    Originally Posted by VividT E X View Post
    What could I ever say more than what Thorn just said xD ... Well miss If I had to say something ... it would deffinatly be that your build, and I know it's every one dream somehow ... look even more close to a real spartan 3 mjolnir armor, thant what weta's achieved with 8000 % more technology and ressources you've ever had troughout this entire project xD.... And that also mean that your craftmanship overpass what a crew a specialized craftman can do all together xD How about that .. ( but it's all acording to me ) any way... consuming myself just by thinking of the upcomming helmet !!! :O
    Thank you, thank you!
    -----

    Oke doke...update time! Not a ton of progress, but an update is an update! I made a little bit of progress on the helmet...

    After spending some time looking at the side view of Kat's helmet, I noticed how ridiculously long it is front the front to back...which made me realize how large it would need to be to keep these proportions:


    I did a 1:1 quick front/side sketch to mess with the proportions and shrink the distance between the front and back:


    Based on the sketch, I've started putting together the base structure for the helmet. I wedged the visor roughly in place as a reference guide as I work:


    Aaaaand that's all for now! More structure and details to come!
    -----

    'Til next time, keep buildin' guys!
  18. Kirrou's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    288
    Blog Entries
    2
    Sep 24, 2012, 12:04 AM - #542

    Wow your foam work is truly awe inspiring. Thanks a lot for sharing your whole progress with us. You are one of the reasons why I came back and started working on armor again. The helmet is going to look great.
  19. DuffmasterFresh's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Messages
    76
    Sep 24, 2012, 1:02 AM - #543

    Based on the dimensions, it seems that the additional room in the back and the front would be very beneficial. You could hide your hair, batteries, fans, etc in the back and perhaps even some in the front as well. Breathing on the glass will fog it up, so the farther away your face is from it, the better.
  20. Spartan_127's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Messages
    817
    Sep 24, 2012, 1:46 AM - #544

    Looks Awesome so far. Really inspiring to see you making this out of foam as well. Keep up the good work. I know it will turn out as great as everything else.
  21. ride mars's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Messages
    49
    Sep 24, 2012, 1:55 AM - #545

  22. New Recruit skull81's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Messages
    48
    Sep 24, 2012, 2:12 AM - #546

    truly amazing foam work... i barely finishing mines and now i want to toss it and redo it all over!!! you have inspired me to build myself an epic suit...

    BRAVO!!!
  23. Ninjetsu NL's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Messages
    62
    Sep 24, 2012, 6:13 AM - #547



    Is this a sketch?

    That is just plain amazing!
  24. Shadowind's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Messages
    165
    Sep 24, 2012, 7:28 AM - #548

    Originally Posted by LilTyrant View Post

    I did a 1:1 quick front/side sketch to mess with the proportions and shrink the distance between the front and back:

    ... now I'm curious, what major are you? (if you're in college, you're in college right?), I ask because I've had to do sketches like this (though rather more simple and not quite as cleanly done) in class before.
  25. 405th Colonial Regiment Member Macattack64's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Messages
    2,783
    Blog Entries
    34
    Sep 24, 2012, 9:24 AM - #549

    Originally Posted by Shadowind View Post
    ... now I'm curious, what major are you? (if you're in college, you're in college right?), I ask because I've had to do sketches like this (though rather more simple and not quite as cleanly done) in class before.
    My guess would be some kind of art major! Our engineering drawing are much different. More crude until we start getting into CAD.
  26. 405th Midwest Regiment Member
    Carpathia's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Messages
    2,803
    Carpathia's Xbox Gamertag Halcyon Pillar
    Sep 24, 2012, 10:00 AM - #550

    Art and architecture majors start sketches like this, so an art major would be my guess. I've lost track of how many times I've started sketches the way you've done above with the blue pencil. I like to call them "Finding the Line" lines, when you lightly run the pencil back and forth until you have the right line.

    Great work as always. I was wondering what you were going to do about the helmet. Even though you've scratch-built the rest of the suit, I was still surprised to see that you're scratch-building the helmet as well. Didn't Kat have a silver visor?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 226
    Last Post: 2 Days Ago, 4:31 PM
  2. Replies: 64
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2014, 12:44 PM
  3. Replies: 172
    Last Post: Apr 12, 2014, 11:53 PM
  4. Spartan-IV Armor build & undersuit
    By theTavernKnight in forum New Recruits
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2012, 7:02 AM
  5. Liutenant Kat B320- Armor build!
    By halogirl in forum New Recruits
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2011, 12:08 PM

Tags