ODST Foam WIP (Pic Heavy) GySGT Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man! Nice job! I'm thinking about doing the "moving" parts of my build in foam. What are you using for glue, if you don't mind me asking?

I just use a high temp hot glue gun from walmart both a large one for high volume and a small low temp one for really small parts with regular glue from there as well as it is relatively cheap and when it comes to how to cut and glue the parts together there is a really great video tutorial here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37261-Foam-Technique-Tutorials Which will help keeping your cuts and seams clean when using foam

Small update for now.
With bucks helm he has a comm unit on the right side and no so do i lol

Didnt take more than 30 min to make it from some small pieces of foam and such to glue it all together with some styrene plastic
backing to give it some rigidity and then couple of simple colors for the paint to match the helmet and green paint to simulate
the lights on it
0817122240a.jpg

Its not much but its more than nothing lol

Happy armoring 405th :D

Thought i would take a few pictures of everything so far except for the helmet as it is in another state at the moment giving my cousin inspiration :p
But everything else is there with boots to shin and thigh pouches, weapons and gloves, eventually going to wear it with some black BDU pants that
i have but still trying to figure out something for the top under suit that will look decent

0819121908a.jpg

0819121908.jpg

0819121907.jpg

Thats all for now sorry i dont have more as i am still filling gaps with caulking and making other details as i go
and some of those details i cant do till its fully painted like the cosmetic straps on the forearms and shoulders :p

Happy armoring 405th!

Yep, Hugh Holder's chest core is indeed VERY easy to make out of foam, I would even recommend doing it that way! (Saves a lot of resin/fiberglass/bondo)

Actually everything is very easy of his to convert to foam except for the shins they were the hardest part to make out of foam but still cam out looking very nice which makes me a happy trooper :D

Its looking amazing, do you have an estimate for when it will be done?

I have been so busy with work and a few other halo projects that i almost forgot about it. but i do hope to try and finish soon its just been hard with work and the overtime they have been having me work for the bills come first HAHA!

When using foam for something like this, do you have to angle the edges when you cut them? I'm about to start trying to make some ODST armor myself and I'm just trying to figure out what I'm getting into. Hopefully mine will turn out half as well as this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back