EVA Foam M-3 Predator Pistol (Mass Effect 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now this is just plain impressive. I've worked with foam before but I have to ask what specific tool(s) did you use to help give you those curved edges on the outer layers? I've tried both regular sanding and the dremel sanding tubes with questionable results.
My dremel actually broke early in the project, so I did lots and lots of sanding by hand. After using the more rough sandpaper to make the job quicker, I used finer sandpaper to smooth out the surface more. Then I tightened the sanded surface by hitting it really quick with a heat gun.

That is one sweet looking weapon.The amount of detail you get out of foam just amazes me. I love the paint also.

Seriously, someone needs to lock me up before I murder someone, because I would KILL to get hold of that... It's PERFECT! Please tell me I could convince you to make me one as well XD

I tried my hand at the pistol and though I didn't get nearly the clean cuts and beveled edges that you pulled off I at least have a passable foam gun. Your pictures were great inspiration and help for working on mine!

If you're good with Photoshop, you can make your decals in that. Any colour, any size. Save it on a PDF or JPG on a 8.5"x11" format. Get it to a printshop (i.e. Kinko's) and get them to print it on a transparent label sheet. All the negative space will be transparent. You can then cut the shapes/letters/whatever and apply them as decals! Seal it with whatever topcoat you choose.

They're printed with a colour laser printer. So, you can even print up some pretty small fine print if you so choose!

Not to hijack your thread but seeing how well you made yours I gave one a shot. Ran into some smoothing, curving and carving details but it otherwise turned out well. I constantly referenced your pictures as I made mine.
Untitled-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back