Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK VI Foam Build

Hybrid View

Cool MK VI Foam Build

So guys I mentioned on my Iron Man build that I Started something new while I was cooling off over my Iron Man face burning incident and this is what I have come up with. Incase anyone wonders where I got the files for a foam build from I simply downloaded the pep file and took off the tabs and unnecessary bits not needed for a foam build. Some modification was needed as not all the templates worked together perfect but no major alterations where made.

Last edited by drack; 04-29-2012 at 05:38 AM.

That's amazing! I've always relied on making helmets out of pep because I didn't think I could accomplish all the complex shapes a helmet has with foam. But you're showing me the way! Now if I hadn't already made 3 helmets this year and wasn't so burned out about it, I'd take a try at it too

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemeat View Post
    That's amazing! I've always relied on making helmets out of pep because I didn't think I could accomplish all the complex shapes a helmet has with foam. But you're showing me the way! Now if I hadn't already made 3 helmets this year and wasn't so burned out about it, I'd take a try at it too
    I agree with spacemeat. Helmets are the one piece of armor in which I solely rely on pep to construct with. YOU however have achieved a great amount of detail with foam. this give's me hope for future builds because I honestly hate using pep except for a guideline to build with foam. Awesome work so far, can't wait to see the helmet finished!!!
    I WILL TELL YOU WHO I AM

I AM MENDICANT BIAS
    THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE...

I am really glad it has worked the way I thought it would because I am not a fan of resin and bondo plus with the wife expecting I don't want any dangerous fumes around. Compared to my Ironman helmet this was one tough build. As long as you think out each piece before you cut it then you should be ok. Just finishing off the last details then i will have an update pic for you. Should be able to get it done tonight, then it's the really hard part, what colour to use as this will determine my overall suit colour scheme.
    Last edited by drack; 02-06-2012 at 05:42 AM.

You've got one Sweet looking helmet so far. After seeing you're Iron Man, I already know this will turn out looking just as good as any pep. and I look forward to seeing the rest.
    Noble 6 W.I.P. build ---> http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...-Spartan-build
    Spartans aren't born, they're built, thru blood, sweat, and tears. And maybe a little Fiberglass.

Thank you guys

Here's todays additions.

Was doing some looking around and came across this AWESOME ELITE BUILD
    Last edited by drack; 02-08-2012 at 04:50 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by DBmike View Post
    Think I may have to mod my cod to allow for bathroom breaks too!
    Always a good decision

Sent from my iPhone5 using mind control!
    Check out my Builds: M7 SOCOM by Tactonyx Sean Bradley ODST helmet (Coming Soon)

Looks good, and Halloween photos are always good to look at and if you win it's a bonus.

Totally a good decision to modifiy a cod for bathroom breaks. I get asked that a lot lol

Looking good Drack! Don't forget to grab lots of pics on halo-ween!
    ] <--(started by Roadkiller)

So an update of sorts for you today.

First off my MA5C (unfinished as needs a proper paint job and some extra details).

Next, Haloween night out

Last edited by drack; 11-01-2012 at 09:10 PM.