MK VI Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent job. Great foam work. This build makes me want to make one out of foam instead of fiberglass.

Excellent job. Great foam work. This build makes me want to make one out of foam instead of fiberglass.

Thank you man. Well with your skills I am more than sure you could pull off a top build. After seeing your first atempt at the MA5C I have no doubts.

Tom.

Thank you man. Well with your skills I am more than sure you could pull off a top build. After seeing your first atempt at the MA5C I have no doubts.

Tom.
I love everything about the foam, except the way it paints. The paint tends to crack on the places that flex. That's the only thing holding me back from doing everything in foam. If you have any secrets to avoid that please share.

Well this suit is fine as its painted with acrylic which flexes nicely but if your going for spray paint then there's no avoiding it really. To be honest though for most parts of this suit and the iron man suit they never flex anyway. The only bits I have had cracks on are where I have pushed snap fasteners together or sat down.

Tom.

Halloween night out pics. I won the fancy dress at my local pub :) This was taken on the way in to town. More to come once every one drags them selves out of bed :)
Think I might have to work on some kind of pouches for the suit now as had no where for phone, money etc.

805a632763b3e1b997b851adcc2d9f73.jpg

Looks sweet mate congrats on winning :) . I'm so gutted I had to work last night :( but nvm will always be more times! you could always buy a military surplus strap on bag and attach it your thigh?

Yeah that's gunna be the plan, maybe. I may even cut the bag things of the waist and make functioning ones. Oh yeah I fixed the cod so pee breaks were possible :)

Lol it had to be done. Think I may have to mod my cod to allow for bathroom breaks too!
Congrats again mate you deserved it!
We gonna do this con in London you mentioned before? Drop me a txt if you want. I'm working till 6 but will talk if I can :)

Looks good, and Halloween photos are always good to look at and if you win it's a bonus.

Totally a good decision to modifiy a cod for bathroom breaks. I get asked that a lot lol

So an update of sorts for you today.

First off my MA5C (unfinished as needs a proper paint job and some extra details).

IMG_1518.jpg

Next, Haloween night out :)

560714_10151506949084937_2092233778_n.jpg

522992_10151506947414937_828448150_n.jpg

249334_10151506953744937_1065402674_n.jpg

Update....yes an update :)

So thought it was about time I got this suit completely finished. Spent the last 2 nights getting my left boot done and once its painted and a soul on I will start on the under suit. I also hit the suit with some more paint but a lot to do to that still.

IMG_1736_zpsa33215d1.jpg

Thanks for watching :)

Tom.

yay! lol boot looks good man :)

Thanks man. I have done a little video on plastidiping it and undercoating. My phone died just at the end of the plastidiping so when its charged up will do the rest, means my wife can give me jobs while I wait :(

That is an awesome photo. AR looks sharp as well--not over weathered.

Redshirt

Had to put this one up. Its of me and my son at our first comic-con in London. Can I get some "Awwwws!" :)
While I was there got to meet a couple of other Spartans so once I get all the links together will post up some pics and videos of us. Shout out to Rooney as bumped into him there :)

988945_10151615858720380_1600051261_n_zpsb8897c5e.jpg

Yay! Looking completely awesome, as usual :)

That is an awesome photo. AR looks sharp as well--not over weathered.

Thank you guys appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back