[ MARK VI ] first build ,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

onbijtkoek

Hello everybody from 405th.

My name is Mike Consemulder and im going to build a Mark VI armor.
I'm planning to get it done in 1 year because it's my very first project , so i think it will go wrong at one or more places :p.
I'm living in The Netherlands and i haven't seen any halo armors IRL yet.
I'm now gathering information for the build and i want to start in about 1 week.
i will post pictures en proces information in another thread, and i hope i get some responses while im trying to build the armor.

At first i'm just going to focus on the helmet. if that works i'm going to build the rest.

Greetings,

Mike

UPDATE !!!!!!

Just finished my pep helmet. and i finished cutting to pep of my chest piece.
here are some pictures...

2012-01-22195752.jpg

2012-01-22225056.jpg

2012-01-23233655.jpg

Helmet looks great. You should put the visor in it tho or brace it, so that it will keep it's shape when you go to resin. Good luck with you're build and keep us posted.

That's really good for your first pep build! What a lot of people do to brace the visor area besides using the visor (you don't want that to get covered in resin) is use Popsicle stick and just glue them to key parts of the helmet to help it keep its shape. Keep it up!

What a lot of people do to brace the visor area besides using the visor (you don't want that to get covered in resin)

Why not?

If you're talking about the paper visor, it should provide all the support you need to maintain the helmet's shape for hardening (especially if the correct weight of paper is used) and should stay in until that step is finished, even if it gets resined/glassed/Rondo-ed, etc. You only need to resort to Popsicle sticks or other support struts if the helmet is visibly crooked pre-hardening.

Anyway, it looks great so far. Just watch out for gaps in the Pepping. Keep it up.

hmm ontbijtkoeken , altijd lekker. Nice nikname.

anyways, looking good so far.

btw, there are a few people in the netherlands who made armor before. Even saw 2 of them at a con.
But best of luck on your build!

Why not?

If you're talking about the paper visor, it should provide all the support you need to maintain the helmet's shape for hardening (especially if the correct weight of paper is used) and should stay in until that step is finished, even if it gets resined/glassed/Rondo-ed, etc. You only need to resort to Popsicle sticks or other support struts if the helmet is visibly crooked pre-hardening.

Anyway, it looks great so far. Just watch out for gaps in the Pepping. Keep it up.

Thank you:) yes the Paper/pep visor.

Thanks for the replies all you guys..
Im going to put the pep-visor in tonight,, thanks for the advise..
i have made the first progress of the chest piece:

2012-02-06233416.jpg

Y tonight i'm cutting it and placing it.
doesnt take that much time..
after that im going to make the back of the chest piece. thats the hardest part i think..

Why not?

Sorry I thought he mean't an actual visor, not the paper pep one that's why I suggested the posicle sticks.

Your chest pep is looking fantastic! Very clean folds.

Sorry I thought he mean't an actual visor, not the paper pep one that's why I suggested the posicle sticks.

Yeah, you definitely don't want to get resin on the real visor! :) I found the metallic finish on those things so easily scratched that I would not mess around with it until ready for final installation.

Just wanted to go further with the chest piece :p
after i finish this one i will finish the helmet visor
but i just want to have those 2 done so here's the picture of tonights work :

2012-02-08001346.jpg

The pep work looks great, Just awesome work. But you may have to ask someone whom has built this style about the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back