Attaching a voice amplyfier to your suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galvatron

Hi guys sorry if this post is in bad taste but for some reason I couldnt post anywhere else and I had a question for those of you genius enough to ultilize a voice amplyfier for your suitI had one I bought from a costume shop pictured here

381450_10150465918721441_606666440_8929496_1932551240_n.jpg

and I ran into a few problems with it one being the speaker and mic can't be anywhere near each other or you get this crazy ass feed back and makes dogs go nuts so I had to find a way to clip it to my belt and run the wire through my suit to my helmet. you can kinda see it here on my neck
420834_10150532494021441_606666440_9142590_894882684_n.jpg

(photo taken by Marc Amba if you want a photo shoot with him pm me and I'll see if I can get something set up for you)

another problem was the volume on that thing sucked and nobody could hear me so my question is has anyone found a voice amplyfier that worked good for them and if so where did you get it?

thanks again in advance for your help

Long shot-X Has a great voice amplification system, I saw it in use at PAX 2011, he has a microphone in his helmet which runs to his Ipod with an app that can change your voice and amplify it, he then has it run to speakers installed into his armor. It was a really sweet effect. I would suggest looking into his MK VI build thread, he may have more details in there.

I have mine clipped to my straps under the chest.
100_1402.jpg

It works pretty well. I do have some feedback issues, and the mic would start to slip down after a few hours. It is also not very loud.

I have been looking into getting a better one, and a bunch of guys from the 501st said they used this amplifier.
http://www.amazon.com/Amplifier-Black-MR1506-Portable-Presentations/dp/B003FQ2X56
They all said it works great, is loud, and doesn't give any feedback. I am going to get one of these.

I have the one the 501st uses and have pretty bad feedback problems. At least for me with it mounted on my chest, the armor seems to channel part of the sound directly into my helmet. The 501st I'm pretty sure mounts theirs on the belt which keeps this from happening. Also like Sepheus said longshotX's setup is pretty sweet and I've never heard any feedback out of it.

I tried to check out LonshotX's setip and I blacked out from the awesomness of his build I mean my god man I gotta check this out some more but I may have an app like that on my android but it doesnt seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back