first reach attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

soshalslayr

Jr Member
So ive been thinking about doin a build for a while now and ive decided that im going to try a reach suit. Im going to try for the basic armor with an EOD helm. Right now im on my phone and im not at home
But ill have pics of what i have so far up when i get home.

So i put about 2 hours in this afternoon and I'm pleased with the results. And any tips or feedback (especially about how to do the foam one way or another) is really appreciated. Since this is my first foam build i'm taking all of the tips and tricks that i can get.

I also hope to get about 8 more hours total in this weekend, and hopefully get the chest completed.
6854668853_f7acd29cb8_z.jpg

<edit>: BTW this HAS to be completely finished by may 12th... which i see no real problem with... But I plan on attending the LBCC on the 12th and 13th (my birthday is the 13th),and i really want this to be the pinnacle of DIY armor there.

6855921711_c07f50c076.jpg

Got a little farther before i decided to call it a night. the coffee is finally wearing off so it's time to hit the hay for me. more updates tomorrow hopefully!

yeah. I used some of the pep file. But decided i wanted unique custom armor instead... which also helps out with any size problems i may run into

so right now im running into a problem with the chest leaning backwards so the front is tilted down. is it unheard of to put supports behind the middle front piece to make sure it stays oriented straight forward?

And BTW. the back was 100% freehand. so that was probably the hardest part overall. i wanna get some really good layers of paint on this baby to distract from all of the iffy parts.

Havent done much since saturday, but when i get home i plan to start on the thighs. Just as a forethought though has anyone fighured out how to get the undersuit layers to look like that of the game? Like when you look at the thighs and.. well butt... you can see that there's a definite suit underneath the armor. Would that look be accomplished by like the thin foamy sheets? any help greatly appreciated. :D

I think Hyo did them in leather, and btw does the Reach torso stay close to the pectoral region? or is it supposed to be more outward?
Untitled.png

The first one is what you did, and the other is what I see on concept art from Issac Handford
ih_spartan+portrait.jpg

However the H3 chests are like what your doing

so idk

I think Hyo did them in leather, and btw does the Reach torso stay close to the pectoral region? or is it supposed to be more outward?
Untitled.png

The first one is what you did, and the other is what I see on concept art from Issac Handford
ih_spartan+portrait.jpg

However the H3 chests are like what your doing

i really dunno what im doing for this one :p i plan on scrapping this chest and redo it to be proper; normally i wouldnt, bbut since i have until may i figure that i have the time to redo it.

You could just round the mid-front just a hair and get a whole different look on how it sits. Then when you add the stomach plate and under armor for the chest plate it will sit just right. Nice work so far by the way.

@thorn696, and @Warpath5150. You guys are freakin awesome. This kind of support is the whole reason that I love 405th so much. Thanks for all of the input and expect to see some of your hints and tips to be implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back