Unity Project 2012 for Child's Play Charity (Looking for donors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

Unity Project II for Child's Play Charity

**Update 6/11/14**
I'd like to say thank you for your work and dedication over the past two and a half years that this project has been going on! We're not done yet! It's a continual WIP! I do want to say a few things-

Once we have one finished helmet (several are being made), it will be sent to the proper people for auctioning. This does not mean that the suit build is cancelled, it just means that there hasn't been enough participation. I have been unable to get ahold of several of the people involved with the project to ask if they've had any progress and therefore, I'm not sure if the suit will even be in progress anytime soon. Until it is, I want this to be a continual charity project. I haven't been able to work on the M6H for a while, but I still have plans to finish it for the project!
I've had a ton on my plate for the past year and proping and cosplay has taken a back seat to everything else. My father passed away nearly a year ago, and since then my family has had college plans to adjust and plan for. My family is moving 2 hours south of where I currently live (from Houghton Lake to Grand Rapids, Michigan if any of you are in the area!) and most of my proping a cosplay materials have been packed in storage for moving for several months now. Once I set up shop at my new home and get adjusted to new college life, I'll be able to put more energy into the project. After watching the E3 press conference two days ago, I realized that I started this project nearly two and a half years ago when they lifted the embargo for Halo 4 and the first images of the H4 MK VI were released! Wow! We're in the wake of Halo 5 next year! Crazy how time flies!

Thank you, everyone, for your continued support and work on the project! If there is a mod out there who can eliminate the "2012" from the title of the project and just make it the "405th Unity Project", that's be awesome! Thanks again!

Hello all!

As some of you may remember , last year I got a small team together to make a MK VI helmet to donate to Child's Play Charity. The helmet was signed by Steve Downes and several other members of the cast of Halo : CE. The helmet sold for nearly $900 and I think we could get even more!

After seeing all of the new images of the Halo 4 armor being released, I would like to put together a team and make a full suit of Halo 4 armor. We need the best of the best. Each person will play a key role in the armor and will have a designated part of the armor to work on. keep in mind This is for charity.

How to Donate

I'm glad you asked! If you are interested in donating, go to our official tumblr page!

projectunity2012.tumblr.com/donate

I encourage this as there are some awesome perks involved!

The Unity Project Team

Positions (Those still available are marked **empty** )

Note: If you haven't received your lanyard by 9/1/13 please send me a PM and we'll get it worked out

Helmet - Sai-257 - Bondo work in progress! (May 2014)

Helmet Detailing/bondo work - gliderx64

Helmet molding/casting - ​gliderx64

Visor(s) - Sir Tsaboc -

Chest piece - kolinrulz -

shoulders - JBetts97

gauntlets - bigred1910 -

gloves and hand armor - uratz -

Thighs - higdog827 -

Knee and shins - kolinrulz -

boots - ACDCrockr209 -

undersuit - uratz (possibly) -

paint - HaloGoddess -

BR85HB SR Battle Rifle - kolinrulz -

Helmet Stand - JUSTINIAN 117 - Complete!

Plaque - CinderBlock -

M6H Pistol -KingRahl - In Progress

The pep files and models supplied by - KingRahl

Donors
Garry Laniwics -
SeniorRawr -
Mstruvmgc -

IMPORTANT- All parts should be scaled to a 'average' size. Example - The human head is 55.9 cm in circumference, so that is what you should base your scaling off of.

Some larger parts will be molded and cast out. This is no easy task, but with a good team, it could be fantastic! Please, any reference pictures, volunteers or help in general is highly appreciated!

I sense that this thread will be of great reference -

Halo 4 files thread by xbaldezer

UPDATE* 3/5/12 12pm

They JUST released the first Vidoc ! Here is a photo album full of reference pictures -

Halo 4 reference pictures

Thanks all!

-JBetts97

Please contact me with any questions about how you can help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool Idea it would be nice to see what all the members can come up with I would like to see a complete suit built

UPDATE*

Disregard what I said about the helmet donation , the deal fell through . That means -

we need someone to make the helmet!

I would like to say, I LOVE what we have going on here. I do not have much armor making experience, however I would like to help in any way I can with this endeavor. So here is what I'll do. I'll begin making the helmet and I'll post update picture (in this thread or otherwise) so that my workmanship can be properly critiqued, but if anyone else with more experience decided to construct the helmet, I'll yield it to them. This isn't so much a question of my ability rather than an assurance that the project is of an acceptable quality.

Here are some reference pictures of my current MKVI Helmet build with the FC-I[2] attachments:
SUNP0170.jpg

SUNP0171.jpg

SUNP0172.jpg

SUNP0173.jpg

SUNP0174.jpg

SUNP0177.jpg

I would like to say, I LOVE what we have going on here. I do not have much armor making experience, however I would like to help in any way I can with this endeavor. So here is what I'll do. I'll begin making the helmet and I'll post update picture (in this thread or otherwise) so that my workmanship can be properly critiqued, but if anyone else with more experience decided to construct the helmet, I'll yield it to them. This isn't so much a question of my ability rather than an assurance that the project is of an acceptable quality.

Hey man! Thanks for your help! I'll add you too this list after I post this reply . Your pep work looks super clean and beautiful ! Does that mean you will make the entire helmet? If so , once it's done you can ship it too me and I'll mold it up so we can have a nice lightweight cast ! Thanks again !

Also-

I just got permission from King Rahl to 3D print hisShoulder piece and hand plate models on shapeways! Thanks Man!
We still need people!

-Jacob

Ya know, I may be interested in painting. Since it seems that this project could take some time to be completed and by then, I could possibly have the supplies to airbrush the whole thing. :) I prefer airbrushing over anything else. I plan on airbrushing my hayabusa suit. hehe :p

Hey, I'd love to help out with this! Honestly, I'm up to doing pretty much anything you need me to do, Just shoot me a PM if there's something I can do to lend a hand.

I willing to add a weapon to this suit!

Ok! What do you think is a good choice?

Ya know, I may be interested in painting. Since it seems that this project could take some time to be completed and by then, I could possibly have the supplies to airbrush the whole thing. :) I prefer airbrushing over anything else. I plan on airbrushing my hayabusa suit. hehe :p

That would be awesome Nikki ! Sounds great!

Hey, I'd love to help out with this! Honestly, I'm up to doing pretty much anything you need me to do, Just shoot me a PM if there's something I can do to lend a hand.

Awesome man! I'll send you a message with some things!

Just a quick reminder - Please scale all parts to 'standard' sizing . For example - The average human head is normally 55.9 cm (so scale the helmet to that circumference ) Make sure whatever piece your doing to look up the average size of that body part .

Thank you everyone for offering your time to contribute !

The average human head is 55.9 cm (so scale the helmet to that lol ) Make sure whatever piece your doing to look up the average size of that body part .

Just to clear that up a bit folks, the above measurement is a circumference, not a height, width or depth of an average head. Please don't input this in the height section (normally scaled between a 265mm and 280mm height on average) when scaling a file or it will be massive.

Just to clear that up a bit folks, the above measurement is a circumference, not a height, width or depth of an average head. Please don't input this in the height section (normally scaled between a 265mm and 280mm height on average) when scaling a file or it will be massive.

Thanks Ben . I'll edit the post to ease any confusion that may happen lol Would you be available to do something with this? ( ;) ;) hint hint )

Thanks Ben . I'll edit the post to ease any confusion that may happen lol Would you be available to do something with this? ( ;) ;) hint hint )

I have a couple of other projects I need to finish up before I sign on to project unity. I probably wont get to this year, but maybe 2013. Keep an eye out though because I do have some stuff in the works for Child's Play Charity. I'm working with halo reach's "Jorge" voice actor Hakeem Kae-Kazim to get a signed copy of my Grenadier Helmet up for an Auction, as well as some other props for this years Child's Play Events. That being said I may get some time to do something to help this build :) so I'll keep you posted

I have a couple of other projects I need to finish up before I sign on to project unity. I probably wont get to this year, but maybe 2013. Keep an eye out though because I do have some stuff in the works for Child's Play Charity. I'm working with halo reach's "Jorge" voice actor Hakeem Kae-Kazim to get a signed copy of my Grenadier Helmet up for an Auction, as well as some other props for this years Child's Play Events. That being said I may get some time to do something to help this build :) so I'll keep you posted

Awesome man! Having you on the team would be a huge asset ! Nice to see more and more 405th members donating their works to Charity !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back