Unity Project 2012 for Child's Play Charity (Looking for donors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about your dad. He would be very proud of you for continuing this project.

I got my lanyard yesterday. Now let's get this project finished.

Thanks man. It means alot.

I got mine in the mail today ! :)

I can try and donate some more money to you guys after my vacation at the end of the month if it would help :)

That would be awesome! Thanks!

I'm working on the helmet stand. Hopefully it will be painted by the end of the week.

Great! Post pictures when you're done!

Got my lanyard in. The helmet will be reinforced hopefully by this weekend and will be ready to go to whoever is doing the final detail work shortly.

Sounds good! Post pictures!

Let's get this thing finished!!

UPDATE 8/19/13

I got the helmet stand in the mail today! A big thank you to Justinian117 for doing an amazing job with it! I'll post some pictures of it soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini-Update!

gliderx64 has volunteered to bondo, detail, mold, and cast the helmet for us! Thanks Jeremie!

Last edited by a moderator:
20130830_140940_zps6b19a80a.jpg

Here it is. Hardened and ready for reinforcing and bondo. Sending it out to gliderx64 today.

Guys, I have to ask. Are we still doing this? Haven't seen any updates in a long time.

We're still doing it! I know Jeremie has the helmet. I'm not sure where everyone else is on progress. I honestly haven't heard anything from several people in the team since the very beginning. I'm going to send another wave of PM's and E-mails out to see if I can regain contact with a few people.

EDIT* I talked with Jeremie and he said the helmet is about half done! Woo!

Hello everyone!

I received an exciting update from Jeremie the other day........the helmet is nearly finished! It's beautiful! Expect an update from him soon! Also -

HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY, 2012-14 UNITY PROJECT!!

We turned two on February 15th! I know many of us have put a ton of work into the project, and it's still far from finished, but it's a work in progress! There several casts being made of the helmet, so as soon as we have one finished, it will be sent to auction ASAP!

Thank you all once again!

-Jacob

So as promised... Jacob approached me several months ago about doing this project, and sadly I have fallen far behind. Between other projects and real life I am months behind schedule. So anyway, here it is, it started off as very nice pep build, and with several tweak and detailing here is what I have. It looks very much like my previous version as I used it for reference, though I added much more detail to this one. All thats left is to detail the ring on the back and do the finish sanding. but here it is... (original pep work done by Sai-257)
IMG_20140226_171419.jpg

So as promised... Jacob approached me several months ago about doing this project, and sadly I have fallen far behind. Between other projects and real life I am months behind schedule. So anyway, here it is, it started off as very nice pep build, and with several tweak and detailing here is what I have. It looks very much like my previous version as I used it for reference, though I added much more detail to this one. All thats left is to detail the ring on the back and do the finish sanding. but here it is... (original pep work done by Sai-257)
IMG_20140226_171419.jpg
That is amazing work, man! I can't believe how great that turned out!

Hey everyone-

I'd like to say thank you for your work and dedication over the past two and a half years that this project has been going on! We're not done yet! It's a continual WIP! I do want to say a few things-

Once we have one finished helmet (several are being made), it will be sent to the proper people for auctioning. This does not mean that the suit build is cancelled, it just means that there hasn't been enough participation. I have been unable to get ahold of several of the people involved with the project to ask if they've had any progress and therefore, I'm not sure if the suit will even be in progress anytime soon. Until it is, I want this to be a continual charity project. I haven't been able to work on the M6H for a while, but I still have plans to finish it for the project!
I've had a ton on my plate for the past year and proping and cosplay has taken a back seat to everything else. My father passed away nearly a year ago, and since then my family has had college plans to adjust and plan for. My family is moving 2 hours south of where I currently live and most of my proping and cosplay materials have been packed in storage for moving for several months now. Once I set up shop at my new home and get adjusted to new college life, I'll be able to put more energy into the project. After watching the E3 press conference two days ago, I realized that I started this project nearly two and a half years ago when they lifted the embargo for Halo 4 and the first images of the H4 MK VI were released! Wow! We're in the wake of Halo 5 next year! Crazy how time flies!

Thank you, everyone, for your continued support and work on the project! If there is a mod out there who can eliminate the "2012" from the title of the project and just make it the "405th Unity Project", that's be awesome! Thanks again!

-Jacob

Last edited:
Me too! I hope with the push to revive the community spirit here, that this project will take off into a stronger force again!

Well I am surprised to see that this is still going on. :)

An jacob, I am still around. :p I KNOW I offered to be a part of this and help out back when it started! XD I'm also sure you should know that you can get a hold of me on facebook. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back