Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mar 31, 2012, 1:26 PM - #101

    UPDATE!!

    We made the United Prop Builders monthly update! (405th insider) Check it out! Ben Cobb talks about it right at the beginning!



    Thank you Adam and Ben for the plug !

    -Jacob
  2. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Apr 4, 2012, 11:32 AM - #102

    Any updates on armor pieces ?
  3. KingRahl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Messages
    213
    Blog Entries
    1
    Apr 4, 2012, 11:59 AM - #103

    I'm re-modeling the torso, when I find the time. Then I'll be going on to the shins then shoes.


    BTW: If anyone is using MY models for their build, let me know how it fits or if it needs adjusting. Progress pics are always welcome.
  4. higdog827's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Messages
    487
    Apr 4, 2012, 2:43 PM - #104

    Originally Posted by JBetts97 View Post
    Any updates on armor pieces ?
    I have all of next week off for spring break, and i expect to complete one maybe even both of the thighs.


    Originally Posted by KingRahl View Post
    I'm re-modeling the torso, when I find the time. Then I'll be going on to the shins then shoes.


    BTW: If anyone is using MY models for their build, let me know how it fits or if it needs adjusting. Progress pics are always welcome.
    Ill let you know if there are any fitting problems with the thighs, but the model looks great, and i dont forsee any problems. Also ive been meaning to ask, what should they be scalled to? Did you scale them for the average person, or are they scalled to the size of the masterchief like most MKVI files are?
  5. KingRahl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Messages
    213
    Blog Entries
    1
    Apr 4, 2012, 5:27 PM - #105

    Originally Posted by higdog827 View Post
    Ill let you know if there are any fitting problems with the thighs, but the model looks great, and i dont forsee any problems. Also ive been meaning to ask, what should they be scalled to? Did you scale them for the average person, or are they scalled to the size of the masterchief like most MKVI files are?

    All my files are scaled to me (except the shoulder, oops). I'm 5'6".
  6. higdog827's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Messages
    487
    Apr 4, 2012, 9:33 PM - #106

    Originally Posted by KingRahl View Post
    All my files are scaled to me (except the shoulder, oops). I'm 5'6".
    Ok cool, Ill probably just leave the file how it is then.Thanks!
  7. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Apr 5, 2012, 10:00 AM - #107

    I'm happy to see you guys are moving forward! Keep it up everyone!
  8. Cereal Killl3r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    592
    Apr 5, 2012, 10:52 PM - #108

    This would have been an awesome project to have been part of!
    However, since I am only working on my 1st ever armour project I don't think that I would be the proper candidate
  9. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Apr 6, 2012, 7:58 AM - #109

    Originally Posted by Cereal Killl3r View Post
    This would have been an awesome project to have been part of!
    However, since I am only working on my 1st ever armour project I don't think that I would be the proper candidate

    We also accept donations lol
  10. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Apr 9, 2012, 10:21 AM - #110

    Anyone have any updates?
  11. KingRahl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Messages
    213
    Blog Entries
    1
    Apr 9, 2012, 1:50 PM - #111

    Originally Posted by JBetts97 View Post
    Anyone have any updates?

    The new torso is updated and ready for anyone to start on. The last I looked, nobody has volunteered to do it.
  12. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Apr 9, 2012, 8:27 PM - #112

    Originally Posted by KingRahl View Post
    The new torso is updated and ready for anyone to start on. The last I looked, nobody has volunteered to do it.
    Thanks for the update man!

    Also Sai -

    What do you think about having just a helmet in the auction as well? Since we're molding the helmet , it would be easy to do . I could cast it out , fix any problem spots there are . This would mean , however that Sir Tsaboc and Halogoddess would have more work to do (Sir Tsaboc would need to make two visors and Halogoddess would have one more thing to paint )
    What do you guys think of that? I am in cahoots with someone about making a custom stand if we were to have just a Unity Helmet as well . That is how the Unity Project started last year , with just a helmet. It also means more money for Child's Play! Tell me what you think!

    Keep up the good work !

    -Jacob
  13. Sir Tsaboc's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Messages
    365
    Apr 9, 2012, 10:11 PM - #113

    I wouldn't mind doing that.
  14. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Apr 10, 2012, 10:31 AM - #114

    Originally Posted by Sir Tsaboc View Post
    I wouldn't mind doing that.
    Great! I'll message Niki and ask her!
  15. Kyre's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Messages
    298
    Apr 10, 2012, 5:34 PM - #115

    Hey guys, just dropping in to say I'll be helping out, mainly with the torso armor!
  16. SeniorRawr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Messages
    64
    Apr 10, 2012, 7:10 PM - #116

    If Niki is up for it i can make another donation on pay day to help pay for whatever. Also, hurrah for kyre unt ze torso armor!
  17. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Apr 10, 2012, 7:46 PM - #117

    Originally Posted by Kyre View Post
    Hey guys, just dropping in to say I'll be helping out, mainly with the torso armor!
    We're glad to have you on board!

    Originally Posted by SeniorRawr View Post
    If Niki is up for it i can make another donation on pay day to help pay for whatever. Also, hurrah for kyre unt ze torso armor!
    Hey man , thank you! Only if you want too . I think what we have now will cover all the molding supplies and some of the shipping . Thanks again!

    -Jacob
  18. Cinderblock's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Messages
    212
    Apr 10, 2012, 10:57 PM - #118

    hey guys, ive really been wanting to get more involved with projects on here and help out, does anything else need doing at the moment? i saw paint is covered, but i can paint, pep, glass, finish work, whatever I work with my dad doing custom paint and fabrication work so just let me know. oh maybe i could talk my dad into pinstriping and gold/silver leafing some kind of plaque to go with everything?
    He can do stuff like this.


    Thats white gold btw haha.
  19. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Apr 11, 2012, 9:34 AM - #119

    Nice! I'll message you later on and we can work something out! Thanks for offering your assistance !

    -Jacob
  20. Cinderblock's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Messages
    212
    Apr 11, 2012, 11:11 AM - #120

    Right on, and no problem
  21. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Apr 11, 2012, 11:50 AM - #121

    Hey guys! New images released ! Here are just a couple!





    Check out that AR!



    Here is a picture of the first mission on the Forward unto dawn





    You can see all 18 new images from Gameinformer here -

    http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/...%204%20images/

    Enjoy!

    Jacob
  22. higdog827's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Messages
    487
    Apr 11, 2012, 12:14 PM - #122

    Ok, just a little update here, I have accomplished nothing on the thighs so far.. My printer (like sai's) has broken down. Luckily my dad happens to own a small computer repair, web design, and printer and fax sales company, So I should have a new printer within the week. Ill check in again when I have some real progress.
  23. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Apr 11, 2012, 6:05 PM - #123

    Originally Posted by higdog827 View Post
    Ok, just a little update here, I have accomplished nothing on the thighs so far.. My printer (like sai's) has broken down. Luckily my dad happens to own a small computer repair, web design, and printer and fax sales company, So I should have a new printer within the week. Ill check in again when I have some real progress.
    Sounds good man! Thanks!
  24. SeniorRawr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Messages
    64
    Apr 11, 2012, 7:55 PM - #124

    Originally Posted by JBetts97 View Post
    Hey guys! New images released ! Here are just a couple!





    Check out that AR!



    Here is a picture of the first mission on the Forward unto dawn





    You can see all 18 new images from Gameinformer here -

    http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/...%204%20images/

    Enjoy!

    Jacob
    dude the pics are awesome, though i'm not surprised they changed cortana again, the slightly asian look is actually kinda hot though hehe
  25. Cinderblock's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Messages
    212
    Apr 11, 2012, 8:55 PM - #125

    man those are sweet, the new armor is soooo crazy looking.

Similar Threads

  1. 405th/Child's Play Charity - Emile Helmet and more!
    By Trooper0621 in forum Off-Topic Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2012, 10:08 AM
  2. Helmet Display Stands - Child's Play Charity - 2011
    By Sean Bradley in forum Halo Costumes and Armor
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Dec 18, 2011, 10:18 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 12, 2011, 9:05 AM
  4. Important: 405Th & Child's Play Charity
    By kensai111 in forum Off-Topic Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2011, 1:00 AM