Reach CQB First pep design

Status
Not open for further replies.

GothX

Jr Member
So this is the first 3D model I have made in like 10 year (yeah I'm old, lol) and it's my first pep design and first unfold. I decided to make a Reach CQB helmet.

CQB.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/LA2xL2ry/Reach_CQB_by_GothX.html

I'd love to have some of you guys (and girls) test build it for me and let me know if you find any major problems. It's got A LOT of parts because I tried to put a moderate level of detail in it but like I aid I haven't done this in a long time and I'm not very good at it anymore.

enjoy :)

You know i got to build it...looks awesome one thing for later maybe a support strut in the visor part like on the Halo 3 file. My helmet will most likely become a book end now side vents to be added around were the ears would be.

That's a good idea. I kinda forgot about that cause my plane was to test fit my visor and build a brace on site to best fit the contour of my visor. I also have to figure out what to use for the little detail on top of the rebreather. I was thinking a metal cover for in-wall wording but that is going to be such a pain to cut. I tried modeling the details and the rebreather but that's such a pain. maybe if I make an HD version I'll put more detail in and smooth it out some.

Starting my test build today:D

So I been doing my own test build on this and discovered a few issues already. First the base scale is HUGE! Unless you have a Tony Robbins sized melon you will have to scale it down a bit. Also the forehead right above the eyebrows is a super pain yo put together and even confused me lol.

Yeah, im not that good at the unfolding thing so while the model is symmetrical the unfold may not be. But it should build up just fine... Aside from the unexplained gap in the middle of the three bumps on the head which I have no idea how that happened or how to fix it at this point aside from just improvising in the build stage.

Not all unfolding is perfect, so long as it folds back together it doesn't matter much. I've seen some pieces with random cuts that have no function:

pepakurawut002.png

I just ignored it and it cut and glued fine.

Not all unfolding is perfect, so long as it folds back together it doesn't matter much. I've seen some pieces with random cuts that have no function:

I just ignored it and it cut and glued fine.

yup, im pretty sure I have a few of those too. Lol
All in all not bad for an amateur I think but if anyone thinks they can do a better unfold they're welcome to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back