Jaythemastrippas MKVI Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the folding and assembly of the Helmet today, figured I'd get some opinions on how it looks so far

hVX3o.jpg

AuRA6.jpg

It's looking quite good so far! Before you resin it (if you haven't already) I would add the remaining braces to the inside of the helmet. It really helps get rid of even the smallest warping in the helmet. Keep it up!

A little warping, but nothing I can't fix

So I replaced the braces in the helmet(Which I thank you Sky Dragon for reminding me) and reinforced the braces a little using popsicle sticks. After the first coat I noticed the back of the head on the back right hand side has warped a little. Trying to reinforce it with the foam I bought for the interior padding to prop it back into the normal position so I can finally start the Bondo. As for the padding, I decided to cut it in strips to allow airflow through the entire helmet making it a little less stuffy inside.

I bought a little 12V fan and 4 X LED lights for the helmet with all the stuff to hook them up. Using 2 X 9V batteries in a PARALLEL circuit with each light/fan, I was able to double battery life to almost 9 hours of constant use. Only downside is the helmet weight increases drastically with the addition of the extra batteries for the longery life. I will post the interior pictures once I get the final touches done on the interior. If anyone has any questions on the electrical aspect of the installation, ask away.

IF YOU ARE ADDING LIGHTS/FANS!!!! ****READ THIS****

Do not try to jury-rig two 9V batteries if you aren't good with electronics. If you hook it up wrong you could potentially cause the batteries to overheat very quickly and explode (it doesn't take very long!). Save yourself the headache and take the safe route like I did. You can purchase 9V battery hookups from some hobby stores or online. These not only prevent short circuits, but make the wiring process so much easier.

Also be sure to BUY RESISTORS! If you don't include resistors into the circuits, you WILL blow your lights/fans. They are cheap and easy to install.

If I get enough interest in the electrical side of the helmet, I will create an entirely new thread that will go into great detail on what you will need, how to set up a circuit, how to test a circuit SAFELY, and a step by step installation/setup guide. But I will only do this If I get swamped with emails.

I've been super busy between work and volunteering lately, but I did manage to work on the first layer of bondo on the helmet. I know I missed some spots, but I can always cover those later. However after putting everything into the helmet I have discovered that it is simply too small for the amount of extra things I want to do with it. I plan on restarting the project as soon as I get time!

0ZZ8c.jpg

w3Isb.jpg

AAlKy.jpg

PxwPL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back