iron man mark 6 wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokie 545

here is some wip pic off my iron man mark 6 suit

i hope you al like it as much as i do this wil be my first foum costume enjou :)

yea i know im tryng to but i dont know how to upload my pics (NOOB here)
You can upload them to a site like photo bucket, once that is done, click on the pic you want to post, then to the right you will see this...
Helppic1.jpg

Next, click on the direct link that I have high lighted in green. This will copy the link for you. Then go to your thread on the 405th (having multiple tabs open is easiest), click post reply, if I'm posting pics I always click "go advanced" which opens up the full editor. This way you can preview your post before submitting to make sure it's the way you want it. To post a pic here, you will need to click on the image button seen below outlined in green...

Helppic2.jpg

You will then get a pop up that looks like this...
Helppic3.jpg

You will need to paste the link you copied earlier here, then click ok. Again, use the preview post button to see whether or not you have done it right. Once you're happy with your post, click "submit reply" and you're all set! I hope this helps and if you have need anything else please ask. I'll help where I can.:D

I love seeing foam builds! I will be watching this one. The helmet looks great! The detail you have put in is amazing. What kind of foam are you using?

Great job on the IM helmet! I'm glad you were able to get your pics to work.:)

im not sure what its called but i do know its used for Flightcases
btw the rest of the armor wil come soon need to make some new pic of it

here are some pics of the rest of my armor and for now im out of foam so need to get some more soooooo stay tuned folks :p
_DSC2250.jpg

_DSC2255.jpg

_DSC2256.jpg

Nice work so far man. I really want to get some of the foam you are using as it is much easier to get clean cuts. There is a guy in the UK that uses it and looks awesome. Really looking forward to see how you get on.

(quik question to does who use plastazote foam) i was thinking of put liquid latex on the armor and then spray plasti-dip al over it to make it more smooth like and be able to spay paint on it :) but im not sure if i sould do that. i knot that u can use pva but im looking for a alternative way to make it more flexible and look it more smooth any suggestions ?

(quik question to does who use plastazote foam) i was thinking of put liquid latex on the armor and then spray plasti-dip al over it to make it more smooth like and be able to spay paint on it :) but im not sure if i sould do that. i knot that u can use pva but im looking for a alternative way to make it more flexible and look it more smooth any suggestions ?

How porous is the material? My only concern would be if the material is too porous the plasti-dip or latex will either eat way at the material or not turn out smooth. Many foam builders will use High Density/EVA foam for builds because it is a solid piece of material and plasti-dip will coat it smoothly.

I would recommend taking a sample of the material you are using and test out your method. Don't risk ruining any of the pieces you have worked hard on (which look awesome by the way). If the material is what I think it is, I would try using the paint on plasti-dip rather than the spray on stuff, it may fill in better and give you a smooth coat in the end, and it's usually cheaper per can too.

How porous is the material? My only concern would be if the material is too porous the plasti-dip or latex will either eat way at the material or not turn out smooth. Many foam builders will use High Density/EVA foam for builds because it is a solid piece of material and plasti-dip will coat it smoothly.

I would recommend taking a sample of the material you are using and test out your method. Don't risk ruining any of the pieces you have worked hard on (which look awesome by the way). If the material is what I think it is, I would try using the paint on plasti-dip rather than the spray on stuff, it may fill in better and give you a smooth coat in the end, and it's usually cheaper per can too.

thx i wil try to use paint on plasti dip but sould i stile use the pva or does the paint on
do the job ?

I never used PVA, I just used straight up Plasti-dip and then used a spray paint for vinyl and platic. I don't know how much PVA is, or if you have any on hand, but you could always try both methods on test pieces of material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back