Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: L05T V1K1N6 Reach M45 Tactical Shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by L05T V1K1N6 View Post

Also, I think this gun looks pretty funky from a head-on view.

The little emile is just chilling, like oooo there is a shotgun in your face, you dun pissed him off lol
    Looked funny.
    Anyways, the gun is looking fantastic man, gorgeous, keep it up :-)

Amazing work man. This is simply a beautiful prop. I can't wait to see it all painted up. How much does the thing weigh right now?
    "That helmet makes you look like a Master Chief bobble head!"
    -my student's reaction to the first attempt at a pep MC Helmet
    WHS Red vs. Blue Build WIP

Damn nice build and I think that observation about the Pillar of Autumn was spot on, I am positive Bungie used similar shapes and silhouettes for the UNSC aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Starvinartist80 View Post
    Amazing work man. This is simply a beautiful prop. I can't wait to see it all painted up. How much does the thing weigh right now?
    Exactly 5 pounds

Well, good news everyone! It's done! Try to keep your eyeballs in your heads XD
    Here we go.

I made the torch on the lathe, but I think I might also want to incorporate a small rail on the pump for 1" scope ring and a real flashlight.

I ordered an uncut, undrilled metal rail online and it was the perfect length. I was even able to drill holes in exactly the right places as they are in the game. (I noticed that from the first bolt, there are exactly 7 notched between each bolt. I see what you did there, Bungie)

The sights on this thing were actually really fun (and quite easy despite being so intricate) to make.

The last detail I added was the diamond pattern on the pistol grip. I made it by cutting out the rubber mat from the center console of my Tahoe XD!

That's it for now. Have I mentioned unveiling the finished product is my second favorite post of every thread I make? It feels good to share
    Anyway, I'll be spending the next few days doing touch up work and getting this sucker prepped for paint so I can put up my favorite post!

Take care, everyone. I'll see you in about a week.
    I FAILED WOOD SHOP IN HIGH SCHOOL.
    HOW'S THAT FOR IRONIC?

Holy smokes! That thing looks sooooooooo much better than expected!! It's amazing! You have some absolutely mind blowing skills.
    "Brandon busts his ass to be a perfectionist. He could start with a grocery bag and produce some of the best work you have ever seen." -Dave/Ithica-
    My Reach LT WIP
    Noble Team Collaboration WIP

Even without the ejection port thingy it looks great.
    (maybe it wasnt an ejection port, I dont even care anymore)
    Most people have fun destroying things. Some people have fun building things. I have fun building things, that destroy things.
    "I plan on talking the entire time, because they
    would never kill a main character mid sen-" -Kat

Oh my....that is some darn fine work ya got there. Absolutely phenomenal job.

-Matt

Hey Man! It's animal! Etalon!

Holy crap man...
    Im actually verbally constipated right now....
    Will have tp try back later
    My Build Thread: Spartan - Mk VI Comprehensive WIP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit My YouTube Tutorial Channel: Cereal Kill3r Studios

Truly a work of art my friend. Best looking shotty ive ever seen
    Any plans on making a mold of that badboy? Cuz i would def be interested in one for my reach build when i get it up and going.