Skull Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been playing around with Pepakura for almsot 3 years now, and this will be my first ever completed piece of a costume.

Using ScannerJoe's Mad Skull pep file, I've made a skull mask to be used with a Ghost-Rider styled costume.

2012-03-01175844.jpg

2012-03-01194745.jpg

2012-03-01194854.jpg

In all, the process of finding a decent Pep file, sizing that file, and then constructing the models took roughly 3-4 hours. Tomorrow I'll begin work Papier-Macheing the model. I'll add to it a pair of devil horns, and then buy a large mowhawk wig and attach the mowhawk to the skull. Of course, black steel mesh will go behind the eyes and nose to give the impression the skull is empty. I'm thinking about wrapping white bandages around the neck to hide the hair at the back.

Just thought I'd throw this up here because I hadn't really seen any completed Skull Masks on these forums. Hope somebody enjoys it.

Right, yeah, sorry guys. Never even thought to post the file. Uhm...here's the thing. I have the file here, but I've never had to upload a file on these forums before. I know it's similar to uploading an image, you know, using photobucket. But beyond that, I have no clue.

I agree it looks amazing. Cant wait to see it finished!

In the middle of the papier mache process at this point in time. Man, I haven't done papier mache since I was in primary school, forgot how absurdly furstrating it can be :/ Anyway, the jaw is done in terms of the mache. I've done the back half of the skull. I'll be starting again tomorrow.

Depending on how I manage my time, the papier mache SHOULD be done end of this week-mid next week. Then I'll get to work on painting.

Right, yeah, sorry guys. Never even thought to post the file. Uhm...here's the thing. I have the file here, but I've never had to upload a file on these forums before. I know it's similar to uploading an image, you know, using photobucket. But beyond that, I have no clue.

its very simple really, let me assist you for the greatness.

step 1: go to http://www.2shared.com/
step 2: click browse and find your file on your comp then click upload it
step 3: it will bring you to a page with 2 different set of download links. the first box that says
Here is your download link: [copy] above it is the one you should post here as a link so we can download the file

vola ^_^

Okey Dokey, you were so right, easy as hell. So here it is lads.

http://www.2shared.com/file/qYj1u8Ze/Mad_Scull.html

I was wondering, since you guys are actually watching this thread, are any of you capable of ripping a game model, convering that into a pep file, then modding that file for use on foam armor?

If so, do you own a copy of Dragon Age 2?

If I were you, I'd check out the guys at www.Mech3.org, they take game models, clean them, and make them into pep files all the time. They are SUPER helpful and really nice guys. go to the papercrafting forum and you may have to create an account, or I could post something for you.

If I were you, I'd check out the guys at www.Mech3.org, they take game models, clean them, and make them into pep files all the time. They are SUPER helpful and really nice guys. go to the papercrafting forum and you may have to create an account, or I could post something for you.

Thanks man, that's a great help. I am, however, struggling to even find the papercrafting forum on this sight. Of course, my new job means I don't sleep much anymore, and I can hardly see the computer screen right now. Any helpful hints? Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back