MA37 Reach AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintstrong

Here is what i have been working on, I like working on multiple projects at once I dont know why though. The bottom of the trigger is cut out I accidentally did ill fix that. The bottom round part where your right hand goes if your left handed will be rounded. The barrel will be too. Thanks to juliet76's blueprints i wouldn't be able to do this.
DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

Thanks For Viewing.

Looks good, wood can be tricky at time, but you can always go back and fix any problems later. What are you using to cut everything out?

Haha he probably asked why because 90% of the members here either pep guns, slice them, or have expensive cutting equipment that are computer guided. People like us have a better tool; ingenuity haha. I'll be watching this thread and how you finish it

Looking good my friend!
Here's a tip for you, when you're cutting wood with an oscolating blade especially a jig saw, two things you can do that will stop the "tearout" ( the torn wood at all the cut lines) is to use a blade with 30 or greater straight (not staggered) teeth, and even more importantly is to score your cut lines with a utility blade or exacto knife. This is especially helpful when using pine or softwood, as it appears that, that is what you are using.

Other than that, you are making great progress, cant wait to see the project come together!

Cereal Killl3r answer is the reason I asked what you are using. Like all tools you have to learn what you can and can't use them on, but like I said you can always go back and fix the problem area after the fact.

Remember those who have never screwed anything up. Have never really pushed themselves.

Keep up the good work.

Cereal Killl3r answer is the reason I asked what you are using. Like all tools you have to learn what you can and can't use them on, but like I said you can always go back and fix the problem area after the fact.

Remember those who have never screwed anything up. Have never really pushed themselves.

Keep up the good work.
Ok
Looking good my friend!
Here's a tip for you, when you're cutting wood with an oscolating blade especially a jig saw, two things you can do that will stop the "tearout" ( the torn wood at all the cut lines) is to use a blade with 30 or greater straight (not staggered) teeth, and even more importantly is to score your cut lines with a utility blade or exacto knife. This is especially helpful when using pine or softwood, as it appears that, that is what you are using.

Other than that, you are making great progress, cant wait to see the project come together!
Ok Thanks for the information greatly appreciated
Thanks thorn696 your reach build was awesome!
Added my own size grips. This was done before i saw your comments so its got those little grooves again.
DSC00204.jpg

Maybe you could sand down your rough edges and if you sand too much down then you can get wood filler putty to put on and shape. You can get the putty at michaels or any wood shop.

the back part is fine but I feel that from the ammo counter to the barrel, it is out of proportions. was that on purpose or a mistake while making it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back