Props Spartan Laser Metal & Fiberglass Airsoft Prop (Fully Functioning Electronic Replica)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! That gun would be a challenge. I do prefer the human weapons, though a carbine or needler doing the glow BB's would rock.
Redshirt

Ho !!!! Yeah the covenant carabine ! My favourite yet it managed to slip out of my mind ! A definite go for me as the tracer unit would compliment it verry well ! Also, green tracers seem to be everywhere as opposed to other colors... That would also be a great pone !

well like a said before you walked one thousand miles and now it's time to walk one thousand more because there's only one way to go from here and that is up, and that's what make's the 405th the best group in the world hater's aren't welcome.

Thanks! I do have more stuff in the works.

The final outcome of that spartan laser is freakin B.A! :D I love it! I've never been big on using it in game as I mostly suck with it (lol), but having it as a prop is another thing cause it's big and awesome. However, I wouldn't mind a grav hammer prop because that is big too. :p haha
Awesome job on that. I would love that for myself. ;) hehe

Thanks HG. Good to see you back on the site more. Obviously, the Spartan Laser is my favorite weapon AND I suck with it--again why Redshirt98 is my gamertag. Whenever one of the damn things spawns, I'm drawn like a moth to the flame. Other gamers can pry it from my cold dead hands moments later. Grav hammer is way cool too, but I don't seem to be good building my props very light. However, I have a grav hammer underway. It is in 1/6 scale for the 12+ inch Spartans McFarlane made a couple of years ago. Look for it soon.

Ho !!!! Yeah the covenant carabine ! My favourite yet it managed to slip out of my mind ! A definite go for me as the tracer unit would compliment it verry well ! Also, green tracers seem to be everywhere as opposed to other colors... That would also be a great pone !

Yep, Covie Carbine would be cool. Not many have made it to a finished stage here either. When I started my Splaser, the red tracers weren't available, that's why the big LED taillight was so important in my original design. Now they are available, but only in .12 and .20 BB weights. I run .28 BBs in all my guns except for the Splaser.

That is waaaay cool! Thanks for the link!

Day vid still in the works. We're just happy we didn't get washed away in the northwest Florida flooding this week.

Redshirt

Congrats on the move to elite, it is most certainly well deserved. I knew you would get there. I've been watching from day 1 and it is most impressive. It has been great to watch the growing pains and attention to detail. Chapeau sir!

Congrats! I love your laser. Can't wait to see the next rabbit you pull out of your hat.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Weapon Servicing and Day Vid!

Congrats on the move to elite, it is most certainly well deserved. I knew you would get there. I've been watching from day 1 and it is most impressive. It has been great to watch the growing pains and attention to detail. Chapeau sir!

Thank you! I might be coming to you soon for one of your top-shelf assault rifles to convert to airsoft awesomeness.

Congrats! I love your laser. Can't wait to see the next rabbit you pull out of your hat.

Thank you very much. So many ideas, so little time.

if you need detail's for a carbine I've got them halo 4 look and all.

I'll get with you if I decide to go that route. The carbine didn't end up uglier in H4 like many weapons.

Thanks for your patience. I've had amazing response these last two weeks in a variety of places (405th, Waypoint, Certain Affinity, Facebook, Twitter, Airsoft Retreat, Reddit/halo, theRPF, and others). In answer to a number of inquiries, here is a video covering how the weapon is serviceD as well as how it looks firing in the daylight. It was hard to capture the sheer number of BBs flying as the frame rate of my camera just doesn't do it justice.

Thanks to Galaxyor for standing in as my guest shooter.

Enjoy!

Redshirt

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that is so pretty lol. and it looks like its really easy to work on too. way to think about that stuff red :)

Congratulations Redshirt!

I saw this on Halo.Bungie.org a few days ago but only just now had a chance to re-visit this thread, and well done on making it to the Elite section! You deserve it!

You've come a long way in 4 years and I've been happy to follow this build for all 4 them. I can't wait to see what you do next!

Edit: I hope you are going to Dragon Con! You'll turn some heads with that thing for SURE.

Man that is so pretty lol. and it looks like its really easy to work on too. way to think about that stuff red :)

Thanks! I really did try to think about access, but my electronics took more room than budgeted. It is easy until the batteries need charged. That does require taking the front and mid shrouds off as well as the upper receiver. The gear box cage has to come up as well. I could run smaller batteries that could be all fit for easy access from the mid shroud but that would somewhat compromise BBs/sec rate of fire and length of time between charges. I might go that route when I buy the next generation of batteries, but I judged that too much compromise right now for initial ops.

Congratulations Redshirt!

I saw this on Halo.Bungie.org a few days ago but only just now had a chance to re-visit this thread, and well done on making it to the Elite section! You deserve it!

You've come a long way in 4 years and I've been happy to follow this build for all 4 them. I can't wait to see what you do next!

Edit: I hope you are going to Dragon Con! You'll turn some heads with that thing for SURE.

That you very much. I appreciate that. Still thinking about DCON. If I went, it would be for Saturday only and not in costume, just showing around the Splaser. In my sand-surfaced costume of reinforced cardboard I don't tolerate holding a 22 pound Splaser against my chest for long. The metal Splaser destroys the cardboard. The sand in the costume paint damages the Splaser. I'll rework the costume someday, but not this summer. The Jag needs my love.

343 should just give you a copy halo 5 or let you star in the halo tv show.

I was just happy to get some love on Waypoint and elsewhere. I'd be amenable to getting it in film, official or otherwise. Letting it out of my site is another matter. I do need to talk to Echo1USA that sponsored me. It would be fun to see at the Shot Show in Vegas too.

OK, I planned to take it out for it's first game day this morning, but rain cancels play. I probably won't be able to get away to play for another three weekends due to commitments at home. I might be able to get the frag grenade thread going though.

Redshirt

If you end up getting it at the shot show in vegas you gotta let me know so i can try and see it in person lol

If you end up getting it at the shot show in vegas you gotta let me know so i can try and see it in person lol

You would be the first person I'd contact. Seems a long shot, but who knows?

Up to our armpits in guests and running around for this weekend and next. After that, getting it on the airsoft field will be a high priority.

Redshirt

And I'm back!
It took a few weeks with a couple of graduations to travel to, but I FINALLY got the Spartan Laser out onto the airsoft field this past weekend. It worked phenomenally! No mechanical failures, no damage or lost parts. I got five kills with it and only died three times. I can't get that performance playing Halo. That's why I'm Redshirt!

SpartanLaser116.jpg

Hiding out while charging. I know, not a very Halo setup. I was pleased to discover I never needed to draw my 1911 sidearm the whole day.

SpartanLaser1162.jpg

Here I am with the Splaser's first kill. I suppose I should have had a six pack or a 'Laser Kill' T-shirt for my first official victim. All he got was the photo and some bruises. He did get a hit on me in other action.

Here's the game footage. We got what we could with my Droid. Sorry, the Splaser ate up the budget for a Go-Pro!

My team usually had me come up the middle and hold the other team down while we attacked. The Splaser was so effective in this role that the opposing team would announce when I was hit and the Spartan Laser was down. It has a very unique sound from the winding mechanism that coincides with the spool-up timer. The guys on the other team said that noise and the sighting laser was enough to keep them hunkered down. I spent all my time working on the physical effects of the weapon that the psychological effect was a surprise.

I got a lot of positive comments in the paddock area between games. I let anyone that wanted to shoot it. All in all a great day out.

It's been a great run making this thing into a mature weapon system. I couldn't be happier with its performance on the field. The three streams of BBs stay together for about 150 feet then diverge, almost ensuring a kill at range because of the coverage pattern. I look forward to getting in some night games in the fall.

Redshirt

That's so cool man. I'm super glad it worked out like it did for you. It does seem to have that ..."oh crap, it's gonna hurt" factor going for it. :D

Re: Spartan Laser Metal & Fiberglass Airsoft Prop (Fully Functioning Electronic Repli

Outstanding work. :)

Re: Spartan Laser Metal & Fiberglass Airsoft Prop (Fully Functioning Electronic Repli

Outstanding work. :)

Thank you. Though I haven't added much lately, the Splaser is still getting refinements to make it more robust and more user friendly at the field.

Redshirt

You did a awesome job on it Red, of course I would expect you to refine it more to increase it's durability and be user friendly. Great craftsmanship.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

You are definitely going to get a lot of looks when skirmishing with this thing. But that's a good thing haha. Hope to see some helmet cam/go pro vids of this thing in action. Keep it up dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back