Halo 2/ Halo Reach ODST [Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverKill

Whats up 405th? Havn't been making armor for awhile. I got a lot of pictures. Need to upload them 11 pics in all.
Decided to make the Reach over H3 because it uses more basic and foam friendly pieces, I used TD2253's Foam Templates.

Halo2ODSTHelmetFront1.jpg
I added a flash light and a mount for my mp3 on the helmet.
Halo2ODSTHelmetRightSide.jpg
Halo2ODSTHelmetLeftSide.jpg

Red LED lights a on the inside with some headphones.

I also have a problem with attaching the H3 ODST Chest piece to the Marine chest. Have any Ideas?

Halo3ODSTChest.jpg

HaloReachMarineChestFront.jpg
HaloReachMarineChestBack.jpg

HaloReach.jpg
Halo2and3ShoulderandGroinPlate.jpg

Have you been able to upload any pictures yet? And I was thinking that maybe you could try magnets to attach it. I'm not too sure how well it would work out, but in theory, it may be able to.

Have you been able to upload any pictures yet? And I was thinking that maybe you could try magnets to attach it. I'm not too sure how well it would work out, but in theory, it may be able to.

Pics are up. The problem I'm having is that the H3 chest is curved and the Reach Marine chest isn't.

Oh okay, I'm seeing that now... Maybe have buckles underneath pulling the plate towards the "vest"? I'm not sure if that makes sense...

Yeah it makes sense Noskey, I was thinking of a screw or some type of string to attach them the same way. But Buckles could work.

I think buckles might work a little better, that way it's more mobile/temporary, and not so permanent. Although, I'm not too sure. It's your build, and after all, it's just a suggestion. :)

I attached the shoulders and Chest piece to the Chest piece, used buckles from my H2 ODST armor and some extra Nylon strapping.

Here is the Chest, I cut the "rib" armor to make it easier to put on, the shoulders are attached with buckles too. They are hot glued on.
ChestClip.jpg
ShoulderClip.jpg

I wanted a neck guard used in reach or a similar version, But with the H2 ODST helmet with a lower and more protrusive jaw I went with this. It look more like the H3 Marine neck guard.

NeckGuardSide.jpg
NeckGuardFront.jpg

What I have so far. I have a knife I made just to have one, I was thinking of attaching it to one of the thigh plates.
HaloReachODST.jpg
HaloReachMarinethighknife.jpg

Thanks Cereal Killl3r. Need to buy more straps and buckles for the Belt and thighs plate. Just cause the 405th is awesome, I showed a couple friends armor that was made by fellow 405thers... they are now thinking of making some armor:)

I got 3 yards of strapping to finish attaching the pieces of armor to each other. I made the "butt pad", groin plate, and a forearm.
DSCN5668.jpg

The groin plates attached to the chest instead of the belt because the buckle is in the way. It works out better, to prevent the ab plate for moving too much
DSCN5665.jpg

I used hugh's H3 ODST Fanny pack for the size and shape to foam it. The Pad is painted in the green color like the rest of my armor.
DSCN5663.jpg

DSCN5657-1.jpg
DSCN5658.jpg

I made the forearm but found out after I cut it and put it together that its length was too short and the circumference was to0 big, I cut about 1" from the circumference and added half an in. to the length. I think it's still too short, but I would like a second opinion about fitting. I only have half a sheet of foam left for one forearm and detail for both.
DSCN5674.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They're all coming together quite well, but I agree, I think the forearm is a little too short. :( still looking great though! :D

Reach Marine/ODST shins

They're all coming together quite well, but I agree, I think the forearm is a little too short. :( still looking great though! :D

Thanks Noskey I need to scratch build the other forearm then. I'm trying to complete the suit before AP exams have 6 of them. The Reach marine shins, I need to buy more foam for, I couldn't find a template for them so I'll have to make my own.
reach_1353756_Full.jpg

I'll see if I can get a good pic of test fitting of all the armor I have finished too.

I have made templates and the shins themselves with foam. I could find any template of Reach shin, so I decided to make my own and share it with the 405th, they are made by looking at game pics and other people's finished shin for scale and look.

Here's a link for the templates, sorry for the lines, marker is almost empty. http://www.4shared.com/office/qtfLf2Sn/Reach_ODST_Shin.html

Picture of the shins, Still need to paint them.
ReachODSTShins.jpg

Finally got a picture of a test fit of the Armor. Still working on the forearms, its hard to get them to fit and look right. The shins are almost finished, they need some silver paint and straps.

DSCN5753.jpg

Looking awesome man! I am loving how people are making foam builds look more legit :) There are even hardcore glass/bondoers now moving to the medium.

Pretty good stuff, I quite like those thigh plates in particular. Interesting concept as well, I haven't seen the Halo 2 ODST helmet in a long time.

Thanks p bro, I used that vs the H3 ODST helmet because I had it peped already and I wanted something easy to strengthen. I didn't use resin and fiberglass. I used cardboard to add a layer of strength and paper mached(wood glue) it. I was thinking of using it for airsoft. I know it can handle it, used multiple test peices, hot glue is awesome and so are multiple layers :)

halo_reach_fun__betrayal_by_purpledragon104-d3bdoeq.jpg

So I don't double post. I was thinking of changing the color of my armor, since its not ODST colors. Its Satin Oregano, which is master chief's color, Should I keep the color or change it to a gray and black like the pic above?

So I haven't been able to do much because of AP exam and studying. I had a chance to modded a pep of Salem Mask from Army of Two, into a foam friendly template(no eye sockets, more vision).
DSCN5825.jpg
DSCN5827.jpg

It uses 2 pieces of foam. I wanted to make it as seamless as possible. I took awhile to get the templates right. If anyone would like then I could upload them to 4shared. Used a heat gun to foam the jaw better and the plastic visor.
Back to Halo I made 2 sets of ODST shoulders. Used Hugh's shoulder as a template. Didn't add the indent or "out-dent" of the shoulder to bicep portion, made it so the shoulder would be the least amount of seams too, 4 pieces in all.
DSCN5828.jpg

Sorry I haven't replied in quite some time, but this is looking pretty great. I'm hoping to finally start my build some time in the next week or so. Let's hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back