CEREAL'S - Mk VI Comprehensive WIP **(With Videos)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, you are just way too cool (and funny)! ....so, um....what color pants should I wear to make sure the resin cures properly? :D Awesome shirt, too, by the way! Excellent job again.
The best colour pants to wear would be lime green plad. Make sure there is at least a 1" cuff or it will not work!

Very nice, Dave! This is quickly becoming the comprehensive guide to Pepakura-based prop making, and I'm very surprised that this hasn't become a stuck/mandatory reading article already.
Thanks very much for taking the time to run through the smaller details that some of us usually only find out by trial and error, though. It's really good for somebody to take the time to do so.
You're quite welcome!
To me, whether something is a 'sticky' or not is irrelevant. I've seen some stickies which are quite vague and/or outdated and a component of the main reason to which I decided to make these (I'm not taking a poop on any one person or their work, but it's true). All that's important to me is that my thread/videos help people in need and they know where to find them! :)

I always love your videos Dave :) now go get a cookie
Lmao, yeah... not sure where that came from. I felt that I needed to get some scolding in and it felt like it worked so I kept it ;)

More to come!
Cheers all,
Dave/Cereal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an absolute shot in the dark here, Dave, but: do you have any plans to cover the sizing and scaling of armour pieces in any of your tutorials, just as an off-side thing? It's a well-beaten topic that I've done a lot of research into myself and never found any real, firm, solid answer to, and so I wondered if you'd ever considered throwing up anything in your ViDocs concerning that topic.

Either that, or I'd be more than happy to cover a parent ViDoc to supplement the tutorials you're putting together, to ensure all the relevant information is all in one accessible, digestive format.

I don't know how I've missed your videos. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and sense of humor. A++ and a thumbs way up!

Hello Dave, awesome work you have given to all the 405th! Thank you for all your hard work! You may take a bow now. Just kidding bro. Although I do have a question for you. During the first part of your hardening pepakura videos, you mentioned something about the epoxy resin. Can't find the link, which I believe is in the title of the video. Can u direct me to it? Thanks

assuming this isnt a necro post, how or what paint did you use for that textured metal look on your helmet? I noticed that it provides tons of little low spots for the blackwash to shine through amazingly.

Yea, what's the progress! I am foaming at the mouth to see what else you have gotten done! I have learned so much from this! :D

Attention to detail, patience, skill, passion. This thread and build has it all.

Love your work.

SB.

This was recently uploaded by Dave. I'd urge you all to go watch it, and give him your well-wishes - the man's a legend within the community and for all he's given to us here on the forum, I think that five minutes of your time to say 'thanks' and send your thoughts his way would be the least any of us could do to repay his kindness and generosity.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Dave, and I can only speak for myself when I say: It's good to have you back. We missed you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such an inspiration mate.
I absolutely adore your work and dedication to answering everybody's questions and showing us how you work your magic. You've made a lot of the process much clearer!

It will be good to see you getting your hands dirty again. I've found that working on my build helps me relax and clear my mind. I hope you get the same sense of serenity to help you through the hard times :)

Dave!

Hoping all is well. I'm really looking forward to your posts/video tutorials when you come back. As always, your material is some of the most inspiring work I have ever seen, and truly makes me want to get myself into gear. Hoping to learn a few more tricks from you so that I can overcome my fear of screwing up, then consequently giving up...

Hope to see you back online soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back