Halo 4 BR85 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle (BR85HB SR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

calmasacow

Ok so I have been working on this model for about a week in my free time which has been quite limited do to work. I plan on building the the Halo 4 BR with my new Carvewright which should be here any day now.

Hop it will turn out nice. if so I will prolly donate the first one to the Childs Play charity thing if I can get it done in time.

here is a render from Softimage.

BR_01.jpg

BR_02.jpg

Some of the edges have been left intentionally sharp to allow for sanding afterward.

Ooh another Halo 4 BR done. Looks nice dude. Hope this turns out well when you put it through the Carvewright. Keep us posted.

I am very interested in how this turns out as well. I have home built cnc's but never went into this and can't wait!

Noticed some thing from some other images. There are some changes I wanna make. Machine will be here prolly Thursday. Will see what I can get done between now and then.

Well picked up my carvewright. turns out they are here in town so I drove over a picked it up in person. Got me a stack of MDF. Unfortunately They didn't have my 3/16th bit it was back-ordered. That is gonna be another 2 weeks. Just means runs take about 3 times longer. Also made some tweaks. After some discussions with Martyn and looking at his model I have made a couple changes of a few detail I missed. Also rechecked all of my proportions to make sure they were 100% While Martyns Measurements were off I did make mine a little bit thicker. not as thick as his but thicker than I had it. I think it is pretty close to as good as it gets. Some of the smaller parts really make wish I had a thing-o-matic 3D printer for the small buttons and switches.

Tomorrow I will rip it apart get it ready to run through the carvewright.

How much does a carve write cost? Can't find a price on the site

Configure ur carvewright here

this is a open box version of the C

It is pretty much what I got but I also got an extended warranty and the STL importer and a few other bits. I spent all in all about $1700. it is a somewhat finicky machine and it takes a little bit to get right. I think I'm gonna use it to build a scratch KIT CNC machine from Buildyourcnc.com

yeah I was messing around with the machine after I ran an initial could test and tweaked the setup and model a couple times but then I accidentally snapped the bit off. so I cant run the pattern till I get new bits which should be like Wed.

Ok well I on the 4th sheet of .5" and after it finishes then there is just the 2 sheets of .75" parts. Then it is trying to remember how all of the parts went together. :|

I always liked the Br, and I like this, but the magazine looks different. I hope its still compatible with the classic Br's.
Kind of like how the DMR and Ma37 are compatible.

Magazine in not yet made. My z-axis gear is hosed new one should be there when I get. Just the 2 .75" runs now. Should have all of the parts made to assemble this weekend.

ooh ooh... i so want one, both the gun and the cnc machine.... this is gonna look killer sweet.
do you plan on releasing the model for peping? if so, i wouldn't mind having a crack at unfolding it.

Well another day and they still have not sent the damn gear. I think that I'm gonna just try to do it with the gimp gear. I was able to sorta fix the messed up tooth. We'll see if it works.

Well another day and they still have not sent the damn gear. I think that I'm gonna just try to do it with the gimp gear. I was able to sorta fix the messed up tooth. We'll see if it works.

be very careful and good luck. i don't want to read about you missing a finger or something next time i swing by.

got the new gear installed and got a sheet of .75" done last night. One more sheet of it to go tonight should have it all cut out and ready to detach and prep for assembly.

6941362142_d457716e83_b.jpg
IMG_0131 by calmasacow, on Flickr

This is so neat. Looks like it'll be tricky to assemble, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. I'm looking forward to the finished result. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back