Upgrade on Mark 5 full build

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the painting side, if you want an extra level of detail, after you paint your armor silver and add the petroleum jelly to mask off the damaged areas, hit the armor with a coat of dark primer, let that dry and wipe away the jelly, reapply the jelly covering some of the silver and some of the primer and paint with your armor color. When you wipe the jelly away after the armor color, you will see some exposed silver and some exposed primer. It adds a bit more depth to the armor IMO. Here you can see the effect...

DSCN0766.jpg

On top of that, if you give the armor a black wash after all of this, then hit it with some dry brushing highlights, it adds another level of realism. Notice how in this picture, there is a little silver highlight over the exposed silver layer. It makes it look like that area has been scratched multiple times over a long period.

Everything's looking good! Keep at it!

Beautiful...... THANKS FOR THE PICTURE =D

i'm fairly close ... but I need to find Petroleum Jelly... ( is that found in walmart? ) only store I got real close... thats why I say walmart....... ( I love K-Mart/Walgreens/Target/Hobby Lobby/Food Lion/Lowes/Home Depot/ other places to... LOL)

Anyways this does look amazing =D ...... just one question....the faded black over the green ..did you use a very wet paintbush with very little black paint to do that?

Very Nice work On both yalls stuff :) Carpathiavh thanks for the help for both of our suits :)

RESIN TIME TODAY!!! I'll try and take pictures =D

You can find petroleum jelly at walmart, near the pharmacy i think. If you can't find it anywhere, toothpaste works just as well (that's actually what I used on my helmet and shins).

The faded black is a black wash. The way I did that is after I finished applying the armor color, I coated the entire model in a clear flat finish and let that dry for 24 hours. Then I took some paint thinner and black dye (I use leather dye, but I think thinned down paint would work just as well), coated sections of the armor in thinner by rubbing it on with a rag, then rubbed on some of the black dye with another rag and quickly rubbed it off with a little more paint thinner. This left behind some black residue and filled some of the recessed panel lines. A blackwash gives your armor a little depth. Without it, the armor looks too clean and a bit cartoony to me.

It all may seem a little tedious, but you will be most likely be very happy with the end result.

Really busy now...

Heres some photos of the armour as is now =D

I have got all the rondoin done!! Now sanding and painting is the huge problem....

Heres some random pictures of random parts of the suit...

I WILL BE WEARING THE SUIT JUNE 2nd to a Summerfest thing in town......... Hopefully I can get done!!!!!!

DSC08812.jpg

This is almost compelete but Id love to hook up speakers inside the shoulders... HAHA =P

I PUT TWO switches on the Outside of the helmet... the left switch turns the right side on.. the right turns the left side on... funny xD ----- VISOR NOT INSTALLED COMPLETELY!
DSC08813.jpg

DSC08815.jpg

Belt plate needs black detail paint and its done :)
DSC08816.jpg

NEW SHOES!!!
DSC08817.jpg

DSC08818.jpg

My Undersuit came in and I want to thank Longshot for being awesome and giving me the advice and Annanymous for sizing :)

Big RANDOM update!

OKAY there is a small "summerfest" event in my town and I want to walk around a bit.... SOOOOO

I got this thing almost ready ( its wearable and fairly nicer than I planned )

The helmet is complete!! - THE VISOR is screwed into place using 2 screws... one at the top and one at the nose-- I did the double visor effect using one *Gold tinted and a clear visor above that-- I used the dremel to cut the clear visor out....very tenderly...=D
Anyways pictures speak 1000 words... EnJoy :) ****SPECIAL THANKS TO MY BROTHER FOR AMAZING CAMERA/PICTURE TAKING!
tres1.jpg

tres3.jpg

tres4.jpg

tres5.jpg

I have the shoes almost complete but sadly not any good pictures... I took these with phone *sorry guys*
Shoes are coming along nicely!! Lots of bondo and hot glue to hold them into place.... HAHAHA
feetpaper.jpg

feetresined.jpg

Also...I'm working on a weapon....(master chief needs a weapon...)
Im working on an assult rifle-- making it from nerf gun and mostly bondo...(FREE HAND NO Pepakura files.. =O
assultrifle1.jpg

assultrifle2.jpg

will post better pictures later....

Also I drew master chief in college...*this picture was taken before I completed it... but I wanta throw it out there lol
drawing.jpg

I got permission from the deputy/police that are going to be over seeing the event Saturday... I may walk around for an hour or so- depending on the hotness of this suit- and how many people there will be... if no one is there, not much point =D

Anyways- I have to check in at the shieff booth first-- creepy xD then I can walk around I guess--

*Weather is showing 79 F high and 59 F low..... partly Sunny--- 10% chance of rain----- Good master chief weather :)

Okay 405thers =D

I test fitted the suit --- NO STRAPS OR it wasn't walkable-- I'm hooking all that up Thursday and Friday (Crunch time) then walking Saturday =D

Hows it look???!
from the left...
trestestfit7.jpg

from the right....
trestestfit6.jpg

full of awesomeness color---
trestestfit5.jpg

From the Back---Going to paint -Nogood on the back ( And Maybe 405th if I can get Permission =P )
trestestfit8.jpg

Black and White anyone?
trestestfit2.jpg

GRRRRR scared?
trestestfit3.jpg

Add some color =D -my brother is amazing with his camera =P
trestestfit1.jpg

Final--- Can I hear you??
trestestfit4.jpg

toyota.jpg

masterchiefcrossing.jpg

masterchiefback.jpg

I went to summerfest and hopefully I'll post more pictures, I'm messing with a video (Theres alot of pictures)
It was fun and everyone really did enjoy it!!

Funny story--- My parents drove me to the court house... after I crossed the street and 10 feet into the grass... My right toe shoe came off!! I had to balance my shoe the entire time I walked around! It was very annoying because I had to look down most of the time, but it wasnt noticeable at all-- Every picture above the right toe piece was totally not connected--- NEED MORE BONDO OR BETTER SOLUTION--- IM TAKING ANY HELP +D

-I'm going to add alittle more detail to the thigh's and legs later after next Saturday (Someone else wants me to wear it to an event to help raise money for homeless dogs/cats)

- Thought I would share this problem =D

beck1.jpg

Me and my sweet honey =D
assultrifle3.jpg

This is my Assult Rifle build ... its a working progress...
Brother edited these photos my mom took... Little better :)
554444_609471349182_2049309930_n.jpg

250827_609471758362_1245252257_n.jpg

As for what now... I'm taking a break on the suit and will tinker with my gun here and there
-----ALSO IM LOOKING FOR KAT ARMOUR FILES -- anyone got anything please let me know =D
Its been fun =P

P.S. you know your halloween costume is good... when you can wear it out in public any random given day =P

I used a plastic pipe that runs from my parents gutters(from the house) and it runs underground...

-I need to figure something else out because they slide around... Bathroom plungers cost 8 bucks.... =P

---The other shoes were one piece and it went over my entire shoe.... it was foam.....
Shoes are being a real pain.......the left one broke off when I came home today... so bondo isn't going to work for a long time... I need somehow to attach my toe part .... I dont know what I'm going to do...

I'm going to be adding details to all the parts here and there........ BUT main problem is shoes

I'll post my knee pads that hold my legs up... I love it =P WORKS GREAT... I'll post a small video later =P

I HATE SHOES xD

I don't like the look of the bathroom plungers AT ALL! You should try maybe shoe goo or amazing goop? Are you securing it to the boot with an adhesive?

You like the look of my things on my legs? (they arent bathroom plungers) ... I'm thinking about getting bathroom plungers...

-the pictures above I'm wearing drainage pipe... its hard and plastic.... (it was the cheap quick halloween method)
any tips with replacing that and I used Bondo to hold the "paper/fiberglassed" part to the shoe itself....the bondo just brakes off and cracks over a small period of time of walking....

I need to look up some stuff about them I guess =\ I'd love any forums or advice about shoe secureing =D

You like the look of my things on my legs? (they arent bathroom plungers) ... I'm thinking about getting bathroom plungers...

-the pictures above I'm wearing drainage pipe... its hard and plastic.... (it was the cheap quick halloween method)
any tips with replacing that and I used Bondo to hold the "paper/fiberglassed" part to the shoe itself....the bondo just brakes off and cracks over a small period of time of walking....

I need to look up some stuff about them I guess =\ I'd love any forums or advice about shoe secureing =D

Oh I thought it looks kind of rubbery. I'm looking for something to go in between the heel and toe cap. The way I'm securing mine is.. I left the bottom of the model in and fiberglassed it. I'm going to secure it to the bottom of my boots with Amazing Goop and then secure foam to the bottom of the fiberglassed boot portion so I have some kinda tread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back