Mass Effect N7 Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasendori04

Jr Member
So, I have hit a red light in my halo armor build and am not sure when I will start that again. But with the release of Mass Effect 3, I have sorta been on a Mass Effect high and feel the need to build a set of armor. Unfortunately, I cannot start until I sell my house hopefully by the end of April. I am planning on doing the whole thing in EVA foam so I've seen it called. I will also be "changing" a couple Nerf guns that I, well one that I already have, some red dart tag pistol thing and one that I am going to get soon enough most likely the Deploy CS-6 because it can be compressed like the guns in game and it is also the least expensive I can find. When I say changing them I mean I am going to try to paint them to more or less match some in game colors and maybe make the flashlight on the CS-6 stronger. Until then though, all I can do is plan. It is incredibly hard to find plans on the 405th and anywhere for N7 armor, especially the helmet. Also, I plan on having this done by halloween, but for some reason, I feel it wont be. I'm going to try using both Ithica and Julian Beeks templates for the armor as well as the only helmet that I have found by god knows who. Thanks to all who made templates and files.

Could you provide a link to the helmet? I'm working on my own mass effect armor, but I haven't been able to find any of the helmets.

Goodluck on your build! Ill be looking forward to your first pictures. If you have questions that relate to my templates, you can always PM me here on 405th.

Could you provide a link to the helmet? I'm working on my own mass effect armor, but I haven't been able to find any of the helmets.

Thanks, this isn't the one I found but It has the re-breather already built in so I will take it over the other one. Thank you very much.

Goodluck on your build! Ill be looking forward to your first pictures. If you have questions that relate to my templates, you can always PM me here on 405th.
Thanks. I was looking at your templates and I really like the codex. But for some reason, your files don't seem to work on my PC. It seems i do not have the right program for it. But thanks though.

Be sure to read volpin's blog entry on how he made his armour and then go through Evil FX/BioWeapons' blog. They discuss the build process and have lots of useful information.
Volpin's Blog
bioweapons.wordpress.com/
Ya, I have read through those and I am very jealous of their ability to create sure wonderful pieces of art. I know that I won't achieve that quality because I am just a beginner still but at least I have something to look up to. Thanks.

crossfiren.jpg

The Nerf Crossfire: I dunno if it should be the Predator or the Eagle. I most likely will make it the Predator.
IMG064.jpg

This will be The Vindicator. I should paint it, but I almost don't want to because its a cool green. I probably will though. Also, The reason I chose the Deploy CS-6 is because it can fold up like in this pick.
IMG066.jpg

"Deployed" mode.
IMG067.jpg

It has a Red flashlight that I kinda want to change but don't know how to.

As for other work, I printed out the thighs and cut them out/ put them together. I also printed out the shoulder pieces but I haven't cut them out or put them together yet.
Anywho, I have no idea when I'm going to be able to start construction so prep is all I can do.

So, I started my armor even though the house hasn't sold yet. I couldn't help it, I needed to. :p Anywho, I made the chest, One shoulder and both hand plates. I think I have just enough foam left to make maybe either the other shoulder or start one of the gauntlets.
SDC12730.jpg

Shoulder and Hand Plates
SDC12729.jpg

SDC12726.jpg

Chest Complete
SDC12727.jpg

Cod Piece
SDC12728.jpg

Upper half of chest

Very Nice! I know what you mean when you say you just had to start. I'm getting into my final exams for University but I recently bought Mass Effect2. Told myself I wouldn't play until after I passed everything. lol, like that worked...

Progress looks very nice. I love how fast foam builds move along. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work!

Very Nice! I know what you mean when you say you just had to start. I'm getting into my final exams for University but I recently bought Mass Effect2. Told myself I wouldn't play until after I passed everything. lol, like that worked...

Progress looks very nice. I love how fast foam builds move along. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work!

Thanks, ya, its kinda funny how fast this is going, I'm rather surprised by it because I'm used to cutting out the pep shapes and gluing them together and all the Bondo etc so this is just going by like a breeze. Then again, working until 2 am every night over Easter holidays helps too. :p
Today I put the chest pieces together and heated/ bent them to my body as well as made my other shoulder piece. After looking at some pics, it turns out my armor is a mix between ME 2 and 3. :p I'll post a pic of the chest in a bit when my camera is done charging.

IMG071.jpg

The chest all glued together.
IMG072.jpg

A little N7 logo made of craft foam that I will cover in plastic of resin or whatever and put in the yellow rectangle on the chest.
IMG073.jpg

Like I said: Chest + N7 logo - plastic resin = what you see here before paint.

Alright, I want to do a poll of some sort, but I do not know how to set a real one up so i will just post 2 pics and people will have to vote 1 or 2.

So, I want to make a helmet for my armor. But there are 2 that I like: The recon hood and the N7 breather helmet. I can't decide which to make, and if I make both, well, I wont be able to decide which to wear. So I leave it to the readers to help me decide which to make.

Recon_hood.png

1: The Recon Hood

N7Breather.png

2: N7 Breather Helmet

Please leave votes so I can decide which to do and If anyone knows how to make a real poll, it would help me out. thanks

Looking super awesome!
I vote for the Recon Hood. Not alot of people like it, but its so darn cool looking! I wonder how it would turn out. I mean, its like a balacava with big O glowy eyes!!!

Personally, I'm not a big fan of helmets. My Shepard just wore a funky visor, but in the cutscenes it was just his handsome mug! Cause thats how I role!

Edit: lol, did you catch that?! Somehow I said, "Role" as in Role-Play, instead of "Roll"! Wow...I'm so cool. >:/

this is looking amazing! i would vote for the breather helmet. i think that for the recon hood it might be a tad too hard to see with the lights surrounding your eyes and the tiny eye holes. just my opinion. best of luck!

Looking super awesome!
I vote for the Recon Hood. Not alot of people like it, but its so darn cool looking! I wonder how it would turn out. I mean, its like a balacava with big O glowy eyes!!!

Personally, I'm not a big fan of helmets. My Shepard just wore a funky visor, but in the cutscenes it was just his handsome mug! Cause thats how I role!

Edit: lol, did you catch that?! Somehow I said, "Role" as in Role-Play, instead of "Roll"! Wow...I'm so cool. >:/
:p I wish people did more variety with their helmets rather than the same one, but then again, this is more of a Halo based forum. but still...

this is looking amazing! i would vote for the breather helmet. i think that for the recon hood it might be a tad too hard to see with the lights surrounding your eyes and the tiny eye holes. just my opinion. best of luck!
Thanks, I am also surprised by how well it turned out since I tried making a Reach chest using foam but it didn't work out. Ya, both would have their difficulties and easynesses, I could find a way to work around for both helmets though.

My vote would be for #2. I personally like the helmet better, and I think that it matches the look of the suit.

Hello everyone. So, I am thinking of ending the poll probably by this Friday (April 20) for anyone who sees this thread and would like to post a vote. Right now, Regular N7 Breather helmet is winning.
As for my armor, nothing has been built since I ran out of foam and haven't gotten the chance of buying some more (prop building and having no job is not a nice combo apparently :p). As for thew stuff I have built, the chest and hand plates have been painted black a nice coat of black. As for the shoulders, one of them I may have messed up, I put the color side of the foam which seems to have either a coating or something that doesn't cooperate with paint or whatnot so I am trying to see if sanding it will work. If not, then I will have to find a way to fix it, likely I will have to make a new one if it doesn't work out. Anywho, now for some pics.
SDC12738-1.jpg

SDC12736.jpg

After I painted the chest, some of the foam covers started to warp where there was no glue, so I need to fix those. I still need to plastify the N7 logo and maybe give the armor that worn down look. But that's what I have so far and I will keep everyone posted on how the shoulders turn out.
K. Shepard out.

Looking good! I like the black paint job.

This is an expensive hobby, and not just in materials. This is an incredible time sink too. Results are worth totally worth it though. Still, we have that everpresent problem, spend more time working and you don't have time to build armour. Spend more Time building armour and you then have no time to work (and thus no money to build armour with). At least life is usually interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back