ODST Full Suit Build with a mix of Hugh's and Kirrou's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fiber glassed the wrist piece again and I am going to start working on the other one tomorrow and all weekend to hopefully get it done and move onto the Shins, and no im not going to Bondo at this time maybe later. Anyway the reason im slowing down is because Finals are coming up and I need to study more, and I have a essay due plus I am having major migraines lately, So I will try to pick up the pace.
Thanks just in General to the community here for helping me out and providing the Pep files.:D

I'm a noob

hi guys.. I'm new to all this and to be perfectly honest, I don't actually know what I'm doing.. so I tried to make pepakura ODST torso once, it looked nice except for the part that I can't wear it.. can you suggest what would be the perfect size for printing the odst body armor?? I'm 5'6 so.. I can't really tell.. ;);)

Just a small update on why I am failing at finishing.
Still have more finals coming up.
I have Hidradenitis( It's a Unknown culprit, that causes either small or large bumps and lesions to appear on you.) Don't google it because most people get it in Certain areas. (It makes you feel like Crap.) Luckily I have it only on my right foot and its just a Major Pain to walk around, and the only cure so far is Oral steroids Lolz :p

I have made some progress but not much, I am working on the helm slowly.
I have all pieces measures out to me, and I have got about half off the wrist done.
(This one was some how different from the other one and ended up being to small.)

Finally, Sorry I really don't have much of an Update.

Just a small update on why I am failing at finishing.
Still have more finals coming up.
I have Hidradenitis( It's a Unknown culprit, that causes either small or large bumps and lesions to appear on you.) Don't google it because most people get it in Certain areas. (It makes you feel like Crap.) Luckily I have it only on my right foot and its just a Major Pain to walk around, and the only cure so far is Oral steroids Lolz :p

I have made some progress but not much, I am working on the helm slowly.
I have all pieces measures out to me, and I have got about half off the wrist done.
(This one was some how different from the other one and ended up being to small.)

Finally, Sorry I really don't have much of an Update.

Nothing to be sorry for, :) just do what you can, we will all be here waiting for updates. You will not be abandoned! lol
Hope you feel better

Ok Well Its Been Five Months since Ive been here and here is why and what I have accomplished:
1. I Redid my helmet as the pieces were warped at the top because I like an idiot forced them into place. About 90% done with it.
2. Both Knee caps are Peped, and Im waiting for better weather.
3. I have had alot of smaller projects like AC Hidden blades, and extra learning.
4. This year in my school ( Early College) I now have 4 more college classes and their hard, Really hard.
5. I have after school curriculum things now SGA ( Student Government Association), and I was invited to my college Honor society. So Im basically work on these both.
6. Time For Myself, and Games :p
7. I am basically the Go to guy when something technological wise breaks so I am helping people with their computers ( Alot :/)
8. I couldn't print off any more files because I ran out of paper, and the stores around me didnt have any. So I had to drive about 1-2 hours to buy some.
9. My fingers got sore after so long of rubbing glue off of them.
10. But I am gonna try to Do more and Speed through( With Caution) the rest of my build.

Thanks Mstruvmgc for saying that you wouldn't abandon me, but it seems the opposite :p

Sorry for being gone for so long, Life just has a way of forcing the fun away sometimes. :3

What you talking about man, im right here lol. Told ya i was waiting :-D
Its good to see that you have done some stuff even with your busy schedule. I have been a little busy myself lol.
Well i hope to see some pics soon though :p i mean after all, pics are worth 1000 words lol

Well on that note I was going to go Pic heavy this weekend but Of course I now have a 21 page paper due on the movie I,Robot ( For some reason) as well as some Trigonometry work and another Econ paper on the presidential election. But in spite I got the first layer of resin on the Knee caps and I hope to make more progress next week if I have the time.
Heres a pic I did take of the new one on the manikin head

HGHGHGZA-329545388

And here is a Picture I drew to make up for really no progress :3

Ill fix it later Sorry 3:

Alright once again :3 Still here. The helmet is finished except for one place on the back. I was tried to finish the knee caps but its Way to cold and the resin wont dry. ( Its been a week and their still sticky lol). I took two more finals so only 3 Left I think. Hopefully :3

I know i promised pictures but.. I will ad them at some point in the future :p

Alright guys. I'm terribly sorry that I abandoned this for so long. At the risk of reviving a dead thread I would like to say that I have made some progress. Not as much as I would like but some. First, The Helmet Is Resined, And Bondo'd twice. I have the paint picked out and the designs ready. The only things left to do are bondo outside, trim, detail, paint.

The wrist pieces- I grew way too fast and they don't even fit. Same for kneecaps.

I promised some pictures, so here are some.

ja7kw9uw7

http://postimg.org/image/bo89djiiv

[IMG]http://postimg.org/image/gtrc1cz1d

[IMG]http://postimg.org/image/vschsfowt

Again, they hate me :/

If I need to mark a new thread because this is a dead one just let me know.

I am trying to finish the helmet. As in I am working on it daily now or trying to. Thanks

The reason I left them like that is because when I complete the Img it just shows nothing.

Small Update.
I redid the knee caps and hopefully they're good this time.
I've got all the materials I need to start bondoing the outside tomorrow. I cut open a motorcyle cycle helmet thinking I could just snag the foam part that fits onto the head but its way to large to fit inside.

Looking excellent! I'm looking to start my own ODST build, so this thread helped me to get a feel for the process, thanks for sticking with it, can't wait to see the end result, it's gonna be awesome!

Hey! Love the progress so far mate! If i had to say bout the helmet, take your time with details! When i had to do my helmet i had a short time to do it and i had enough details in such short time. :D Great stuff! looking forward to the end result!

Small Update. Ive decided to make the rest of my suit out of Foam because good god it is so much faster and you can add or remove things on the fly. Easy to use as long as you have a sharp razor as well.
Shins pieces are practically done. Just need paint and 2 small parts added.
Shoulders or chest are next. Just got to scale them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back