Cortana's New Look, With Other Halo 4 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am like a Resistance master, I know everything about there games inside and out.... And I don't feel like it ressembles a chimera (any of them) in any way.... The skin looks like the Titan's skin, but that's about it. The Chimera were just too humanized to look like these dinosaurs.

Believe me; I know you know your Chimera. But, as I said before "to me", the new elites "Face resembles" the chimera. Particularly the closeness of the teeth to the eyes with a smaller area for the cheeks. Just the look, not skin textures, scales , not humanoid vs saurian body structure, etc.... Just the look. Also, I'm generalizing the Chimera; I know there are multiple types. This is just what I see and in no way should be taken as fact. Maybe one reason, you can come to your conclusion Hyo is because you have sculpted a Chimera head? Because of this, you have been exposed to the very intricate details during your study of the character. Again, I'm speaking in general terms and am only making an observation.

Tony

5.jpg

No plans to include a dedicated Firefight mode
Whaaaat? Seriously? That's one of my favorite things to play when I want a break from MM and they take it out?

Me sculpting it has nothing to do with it. Even looking at all (well, the more humanoid ones) the Chimera, I still fail to see any sort of facial resemblance. Aside from the obvious Chimera having multiple eyes, and the Elites have mandibles, they ONLY similarity they have is that they have a boney face - and that could only be said with relation to only a couple of Chimera. But even still, they're not even boney in the right places.

Sure both types have their front upper teeth exposed, I guess that's similar... But all the Chimera have two distinct and very large fangs, then usually 4-6 smaller (but long) ones in between the two fangs, then many a couple besides those as it's trails into the mouth. But the lower teeth, but the Chimera, is the same as the upper, and still exposed. Where as the Elites have mandibles in which their teeth (all smaller and uniform for the most part in size) are technically at a 90 degree (well, depending on which way they have their mandibles pointed when talking).

Maybe the lack of nose looks similar? But most of the Chimera usually have many wrinkle folds where the nose area should be (then two small nostrils).

Other than that, the Elites have similar skin types to the Ravager and Titan, but ONLY to the ones in R2.

Have a collage - and this isn't even all of the Chimera either!

472465_3335582226033_1162896868_32505143_1020458935_o.jpg

Don't get me wrong, we're all entitled to our opinions and I'm not saying "NO YOU'RE 110% WRONG SHUT UP I UBER NERD FOR CHIMERAS" (well... I am an uber nerd for Chimera...), but it seriously baffles me a bit when someone like yourself who has sculpted an amazing Elite head, could say that it even slightly resembles a Chimera.... I would assume you have one heck of an artistic eye, so it just doesn't make sense to me at all when you even make that kind of comparison. :p

@Hyo...
It seriously baffles me as to why you went out of your way to make a collage of the different types of chimera just to "seemingly" prove Tony wrong when he clearly stated it just his opinion and is know way stated as fact. It's like me saying that a Corvette Z06 looks like a Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss. They might not look anything alike to you and that's ok, because it's "your" opinion.:D

Aside from that, I like the new designs, but I do agree that they need a little more armor on the arms.

@Hyo...
It seriously baffles me as to why you went out of your way to make a collage of the different types of chimera just to "seemingly" prove Tony wrong when he clearly stated it just his opinion and is know way stated as fact. It's like me saying that a Corvette Z06 looks like a Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss. They might not look anything alike to you and that's ok, because it's "your" opinion.:D

Aside from that, I like the new designs, but I do agree that they need a little more armor on the arms.
Because I was THAT bored.
Plus I miss my Resistance days, I really didn't mind googling all these images and just remembering the good old days when I was killing Chimera, how I adore the Grey Jack and Longlegs soooo much. I love looking at their design, so it didn't bother me any to make a collage. It actually started giving me ideas and insipartion on drawing a collage with a few Chimera. Resistance is so under appreciated. Either that or I like it far too much and it really is a terrible series like what most say. :p

The close up shot of Cortana is nice, I like the design of the data-ie look, not quite like the placement of the darker blue areas (looks like a shanky bar halter top), and still hate'n on the hair...

halo_4_in_game_gameinformer_2.jpg

Personally I'm a big fan of the long bob (really short in the back progressing to long in the front, like in Halo Legends - that kind of exaggeration).

I dunno... like the face is nicely designed (structurally) and all, but it just doesn't have the 'Cortana' feel.... Just looks like some blue glowy chick. :\ Just doesn't have that expression behind her face with all that sass that we know Cortana to have.

Standard Smart AI lifespan. I don't make the rules, I just follow (or, when at my cousin's house, break) them. Elites look awesome, possible rebels from Glasslands? Also, Grunts without pants!? O_e If there is one thing I'm scared of, it's that (and that they might be dropping elites from multiplayer). New Mjolinar armor looks awesome, along with the brand-new Orion (SI) based SIVs (they must be desperate if they're trying SIVs). From what I've seen, I like the changes ('cept pantsless grunts and droppping elites), and the "Sleeveless" Elite Minor looks kinda good. If I must make a guess, is that current armor being produced is to protect vital areas (as stated above), and is not to protect (replaceable) limbs. I haven't seen any new pictures of Cortana yet, I just hope that they won't be that bad. She might have "aged" some as she decesends into rampancy, and is the dying stage for AIs. Finally, The grunt's backpack seems like a one of the flame marine backs, and the design (in-story) probably was changed so the grunts could carry more methane. Their design hasn't changed too much ('cept for no pants)...

Those are a group of covenant who are separatists . I do believe there is something about them in one of the books .

not diggin' the new Grunts, They look too monkey like to me. Remember, The Unggoy aren't a simian Race, they're closer to crustaceans.
And something about those new Elites reminds me too much of the Battle Lord from Duke Nukem Forever.

The new elite helmet gives them a stupid sloped forehead look. I'd agree that the covenant reek of GoW ripoff.

I am REALLY bothered by the bumpy undersuit and especially the chief's waist. In this picture he looks almot feminine:

halo_4_in_game_gameinformer_10.jpg

Glad the AR isn't totally ruined yet, it was always my favorite gun design for the UNSC. Good balance of sci-fi elegance and tough-marine, without being a pretty generic looking weapon (the h3/reach sniper and shotgun could easily be modern weapons)

I'm sure people will buy it, I bet IGN and Gamespot will give it a 10/10 like they always do with AAA titles. Heck I'LL probably buy it because I love the Halo franchise, but it's going to take a really good story (and the option to customize the chief like you could Noble Six) to sell me on these awful designs. You put up with some things because they're trivial, and hope that the good makes up for it. Though shooter fans don't get as vocal about mediocrity as RPG fans do (DA2, ME3, etc)

I love the new look for both Cortana and Master Chief. I am really looking forward to the new game and to see what people will make for the costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back