Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Subscribe
    Apr 13, 2012, 9:12 PM - #26

Originally Posted by AI Blue Fox View Post
    *facepalm* ACDC, cortana had 4 YEARS to modify his armor while he slept, along with modify any weapons on the ship, like the pistol grenade launcher. you have to remember this is over 550 years in the future. judging by the pictures of the spartan IVs, looks like they get a different armor type then the MKVII as their is quite a few differences in their armor.
    Except I doubt there's an automated weapon factory on half of a wrecked frigate and "nano-machines" which technology has never even been indicated to be in the universe before was introduced in a single throwaway conversation.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. tankball is offline tankball
    Apr 13, 2012, 10:22 PM - #27

man the day a see a reaper (counting out Forge World) in halo is the day the world ends... come on 343 this is halo NOT ME or crysis. i also want to ask does 343 know about the 405th?
    Last edited by tankball; Apr 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
    Apr 13, 2012, 10:42 PM - #28

Halo 4 looks amazing and all, i can't wait for it to come out, but there is something REALLY bugging me. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE HUMAN/ELITE ALLIANCE!!!!!

In Halo 3 Humans and Elites joined forces against the Covenant and after the war, were on good terms for the most part. But my main concern is that the Prophets had the Elites sentenced to extermination and the whole Covenant turned against them. Yes, Truth, Mercy, and Regret are all dead, but why in the hell would the Elites join back up with the Covenant if they had learned that the Great Journey was flawed? What happened to the Brutes? Are they still the main force of the Covenant? If not, were they kicked and replaced by the Elites, AGAIN. Even if that was the case, what leader in their right mind would even consider joining back up with a force that nearly wiped them all out and risk having the same thing happen again? This I see as a major problem in the story.

Now PLEASE, if i missed something along this thread or the books, i have not read all of them, enlighten me.
    Apr 13, 2012, 10:58 PM - #29

I'm willing to give 343i a chance, as these ideas sound bad on paper, but could pull off end-game.
    However, I still am scratching my head at stuff like:
    1.) Half-naked Elites.
    2.)Forerunner Vision.
    3.) Random weapon spawn.
    4.) Custom class(Specifically: weapon choices.)

I understand they want to follow lore, and I'm all for having an even deeper and meaningful story, It's just that some Canon things never work for games.

EDIT: I'm not making my final verdict yet. I will wait until enough information is on the table.
    Last edited by Octorock; Apr 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: RAAARG!
  6. 405th Mountain Regiment Member ACDCrockr209's Avatar
    Apr 13, 2012, 11:04 PM - #30

*facepalm* ACDC, cortana had 4 YEARS to modify his armor while he slept, along with modify any weapons on the ship, like the pistol grenade launcher. you have to remember this is over 550 years in the future. judging by the pictures of the spartan IVs, looks like they get a different armor type then the MKVII as their is quite a few differences in their armor.
    She is still just a bloody program. Hell if the Covenant can't do it with such advanced technology, how come we, a still somewhat primitive race compared to them and the Forerunners, can? It still doesn't make sense.

Now, it took roughly 2500 years for the entire covenant to form. Which would mean that that was MORE than enough time for them to reverse eningeer everything they could get their hands on. That would mean they could have done this themselves, but we don't see any traces of it.

So my question is, how could DATA which can't be phisycal, upgrade the armor in such a significant way without the use of special tools? It just doesn't make ANY sense at all even if the Chief was in cryosleep. It's just doesn't seem possible in that time period even it was just 500 years in the future.
    Last edited by ACDCrockr209; Apr 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM.
    Apr 13, 2012, 11:44 PM - #31

Originally Posted by ACDCrockr209 View Post
    She is still just a bloody program. Hell if the Covenant can't do it with such advanced technology, how come we, a still somewhat primitive race compared to them and the Forerunners, can? It still doesn't make sense.

Now, it took roughly 2500 years for the entire covenant to form. Which would mean that that was MORE than enough time for them to reverse eningeer everything they could get their hands on. That would mean they could have done this themselves, but we don't see any traces of it.

So my question is, how could DATA which can't be phisycal, upgrade the armor in such a significant way without the use of special tools? It just doesn't make ANY sense at all even if the Chief was in cryosleep. It's just doesn't seem possible in that time period even it was just 500 years in the future.
    It was made of....
    *Waves hands over head*
    Magic!
  8. 405th Mountain Regiment Member ACDCrockr209's Avatar
    Apr 14, 2012, 12:29 AM - #32

It was made of....
    *Waves hands over head*
    Magic!

So Friendship Is Magic!!! I KNEW IT!!
    Apr 14, 2012, 2:05 AM - #33

Can anyone confirm this is the DMR?

I think the old one is better
  10. 405th Mountain Regiment Member ACDCrockr209's Avatar
    Apr 14, 2012, 2:37 AM - #34

Originally Posted by Tactonyx View Post
    Can anyone confirm this is the DMR?

I think the old one is better
    Eeeyup. That's the DMR.
  11. 405th Midwest Regiment Member rickrtickr's Avatar
    Apr 14, 2012, 7:50 AM - #35

Originally Posted by ACDCrockr209 View Post

first of all we dont see traces of it besause no elite has been in cryo for 500 years.

second i am sure that they already have the tech it just isn't used because the suit has to be completely shutdown in order to activate the nano tech that upgrades and repairs the suit.
    Apr 14, 2012, 11:42 AM - #36

Originally Posted by Trooper114 View Post
    WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE HUMAN/ELITE ALLIANCE!!!!!

In Halo 3 Humans and Elites joined forces against the Covenant and after the war, were on good terms for the most part.
    There never was a Human/Elite Alliance the way I see it, there was a temporary truce of mutual convenience.

Probably the one thing that Glasslands did right was emphasize the elites and humans still very much dislike each other and see each other as a clear and present threat. This "Covenant" being talked about sounds like an elite led force with some scattered ex-Covenant elements and equipment. The Prophets are out of the picture, High Charity was the last concentration of significant population and even then they were having trouble keeping the Prophet population there genetically viable.
    Apr 14, 2012, 12:13 PM - #37

I'll wait for some extended gameplay clips before I say anything about the weapons.

The game at least looks nice, but the fact that 343 is pushing the game from somewhat traditional Halo to Mass Call of Crysis 4: Modern Reach is not exciting at all. If it integrates well with Halo 4, it'd be a nice change of pace for a Halo game, but I have a feeling that these changes will be shoehorned in rather than fully meshed with the rest of the game.
    Apr 15, 2012, 3:59 AM - #38

Mass Call of Crysis 4: Modern Reach
    lol, sounds catchy

i also think that the covenant MC encounters must be an abandonend "pirate" covenant group,
    because mc is officially MIA on earth, so the ship would be in a place that no one (human) has ever been.
    the half naked elites just verifies the pirate thing ever seen a pirate in full uniform?
  15. 405th Pacific Regiment Member Katsu's Avatar
    Apr 15, 2012, 5:07 AM - #39

It's "Wort Wort Wort" instead of "Yo ho ho"

Wort wort wort it's a covvie life for me!
  16. 405th Mountain Regiment Member ACDCrockr209's Avatar
    Apr 15, 2012, 5:47 AM - #40

first of all we dont see traces of it besause no elite has been in cryo for 500 years.
    What part of the Halo story have you been reading? Of course there were no Elites in cryo sleep for 500 years. Not even the Chief has been asleep for that long.
  17. 405th Colonial Regiment Member AI Blue Fox's Avatar
    Apr 15, 2012, 11:56 AM - #41

to tell you the truth, i think a branch ofr the covenant broke off before the civil war in search of this shield world, thus why there is an armada waiting for the chief.
    Apr 16, 2012, 10:28 PM - #42

We finally have a better idea of whats making up Multiplayer.

It still wont put to bed my concerns but Forerunner Vision sounds like an awesome ability. Ill be looking foreword to this for Zombies for sure. But i have a feeling its the new camping tool of choice lol.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ltiplayer.aspx
    Apr 18, 2012, 12:23 AM - #43

I'm undecided at this point. To me its slowly looking like COD with a Halo skin thrown over it. I still want to buy it, but some of the things I'm hearing sounds like their trying to draw in COD fans.

I've been looking around to see if its true about the armor upgrades and weapons being customizable. I looked everywhere but haven't been able to find it. That, or my eyes are that bad.

Can anyone shed some light please?
    Blog Entries
    Apr 18, 2012, 6:28 AM - #44

Halo 4 official release date... Nov. 6 2012.
  21. 405th Colonial Regiment Member AI Blue Fox's Avatar
    Apr 18, 2012, 9:19 AM - #45

i know what I want for my birthday.
  22. 405th Mountain Regiment Member ACDCrockr209's Avatar
    Apr 18, 2012, 12:34 PM - #46

Looks like Coco and Andy are really going to be in Halo 4.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-voice-actors/
    Blog Entries
    Apr 18, 2012, 6:04 PM - #47

WTF 343 dont freakin screw this up, no freakin elite gameplay, no freakin dual weilding weapons, fighting against elites again, DMR and BR idk about that one is good enough and i freakin hate how they made it like stupid CoD perks, spartan points to buy stuff, and Spec Ops seriously
    this better not suck
    Apr 18, 2012, 9:20 PM - #48

I'm not liking all these new features much either. But at this point I'll be fine with Halo if its core is still alive, even if its through adjusting some settings. Most of this stuff I'm seeing is just 343 adding meat to the bones of Halo and its not entirely a bad thing. Sure most of it can be considered stolen from other games but that doesn't mean its a bad feature for Halo. A good idea is a good idea no matter who came up with it first. Halo has its own unique style but if it is to survive it must adapt or die and i would rather have new and entertaining variations of Halo then have it gone forever. Even if its a hard pill to swallow.
  25. 405th Colonial Regiment Member AI Blue Fox's Avatar
    Apr 19, 2012, 8:49 AM - #49

one thing I wish they would do is make it so co op actually had a point to it other then a clone of yourself walking around with you.
  26. 405th Mountain Regiment Member ACDCrockr209's Avatar
    Apr 19, 2012, 9:21 AM - #50

I hope they fix the Spartan's undersuit texture in multiplayer.