First Halo Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxon

Jr Member
Hello 405th! Well i just started into all this peping about a 3 months ago, looking at models and trying to pep some stuff that i thought i could do. I had made master cheif shins by pep (left it at the assembled paper stage) but i switched ideas. In the end i decided to make a halo reach styled armor as my first project out of foam.
These are some photos of the first part of the suit that is finished but still needs to be strenghtened and painted. Got any ideas for the color guys?

These are the boots. (Ace-Nat)
boots1.jpg
boots2.jpg

boots3.jpg

First suit test! (With shins and FJ-Para knees)
shinsboots1.jpg

shinsboots2.jpg
shinsboots3.jpg

shinsboots4.jpg

shinsboots5.jpg

Here's a knife I made for my suit. It still needs work but i'm on the right track! xP
knife1.jpg

knife2.jpg

knife3.jpg

knife4.jpg

Please give feedback and advice or tips cause I'm still new at this! Thanks!

Great job on the Shins and feet. The knife could use some sanding on the handle, I would recommend good ol' sanding or a dremel. A dremel will also be able to give you a (Mostly) sharp edge for the blade. However. you did a great job with the cutting and glueing from what I can see.

Advice: I recommend a dremel for certain foam sanding and smoothing because: 'Dremelz ar pr0.'

Thanks! I was just wondering though, the handle and blade (well whole knife..) is really floppy, do you have any idea how to hardem/strenghthen it?

Nice job so far - Foam is easy I believe to work with ( BUT ) where you glue the pieces together are very noticeable.

Your foam looks good and hard to find them glued together places!! ( are you using any type of heat gun or power dryer to bend your foam? ) I never tried it, but i hear its useful =P

Octorock is correct above ^ you need to get a dremel... use this thread if your looking which dremel is the best-- very helpful tips from the pros about dremels CLICK ----> http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/35146-Help-buying-Dremel-Tool

No i don't use any heat gun or anything most of it is just glueing the pieces at the right angle or bending it a few times. Thanks for the link!

One Forarm done!

Hey! I just finished one of the forarms! Please give input and feedback! Thanks!

forarm1.jpg

forarm2.jpg

forarm3.jpg

forarm4.jpg

forarm5.jpg
forarm6.jpg

forarm8.jpg

And if you know how to or have any ideas how to strenghten the knife please let me know! Thanks!

Forarm attachment

Hey! I fisnished the other forarm and the arm attachment! I was thinking to hook up my iPod and some speakers just like Calladar's suit. To add the weathering and war effect i decided to use my older cracked screen ipod to give it a cooler suit effect xP
forarm8-1.jpg
forarmattatchment1.jpg
forarmattatchment2.jpg
forarmattatchment5.jpg

forarmattatchment6.jpg
forarmattatchment3.jpg

forarmattatchment4.jpg

Please tell me what you think! Thanks!

Looking awesome and loving the ipod attachment i goes well with armor since your going for an armor with battle damage. Am going to start soon on foam armor too. Cant wait to see more of your armor man so I can learn a bit too.

Everything's looking great so far! I also love your iPod attachment. What are you using to cut your foam? Some of your edges look a little rough. I'd highly suggest an xacto knife with sharp blades. If its sharp it'll cut foam like butter. If it's dull you'll have to saw to cut. Sharp cut edges glue together soooooo much better! Keep up the good work!

Thanks man! I can't wait tpo see yours too! I read that your going to make an Army of Two mask, is it done? Cause i wanted to make one of those out of foam too but never tried it yet haha! Please tell me when you finish it!

Thanks! to cut the foam i mostly use i pair of really good and sharp sisors. The bad edges are because of me trying to put an angle on the edge with one of my (many..) dull-ish xacto knifes that i got from dollar store but now i'm using a dremel (thanks to Octorock!) to make the edges so now they come out a lot better and easyer to glue. but sadly I'm actually almost out of glue.. 7 sticks left.. gotta buy more! haha!

Update! Left bicep and both hand-plates!

Hello 405th! I finished the both handplates yesterday and made and finished the left bicep today. Tomorrow I'm going to start on the right bicep, then start on the shoulders once thats done. Give me input and feedback! Thanks!

Bicep2.jpg

Bicep3.jpg
Bicep4.jpg

Bicep5.jpg

Bicep6.jpg

Bicep7.jpg

Bicep8.jpg

Bicep1.jpg

Handplate1.jpg

Handplate2.jpg

Handplate3.jpg

Handplate4.jpg

Looking good!
BicepForarmHandplate.jpg

Please tell me what you think! Thanks!

Try the small snap off box cutter a few spare blades and sharpening stone for sharpen the blade every 3-4 cuts and you will get very nice clean edge every time.

Update!

Yay!!! I finished the other bicep today and am very happy!

Here are both arms.
Arms.jpg

The left arm with the attachment on.
Arms-Left.jpg

And the right arm.
Arms-Right.jpg

Here's some pics of whats done so far.
Allparts1.jpg

Allparts2.jpg

Please comment and give me tips or advice! Thanks!

Wow that iPod attachment is basically genius .. must have sucked back in the day when it broke but I guess it pays off now? lol
Good Job overall though I just started building as well and im going to use foam as well, I hope mine looks as good as yours!

Foam work looks nice. I can't wait to see how this looks after a coat of plastic-dip, You might have to smooth it out a little but it should look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back